• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport Expects Steelers to Trade for Jimmy Garropolo

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
One name being thrown around more and more in association with the Pittsburgh Steelers is Jimmy Garropolo as the days draw closer to the 2022 NFL Draft.

According to Ian Rapoport, Garropolo’s chances of becoming a Pittsburgh Steeler are likely and not out of the realm of possibilities as he stated on NFL Network during the 2022 NFL Combine:

From NFL Now: The #Steelers will look everywhere when it comes to replacing Ben Roethlisberger. Everywhere. pic.twitter.com/2o80nxal6u

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 3, 2022

“All of the options are on the table for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are going to take a hard look at the quarterback prospects. 20 would not be too early to take one of the top quarterbacks in this draft.” Rapoport added Pittsburgh could trade for a veteran quarterback stating, “Jimmy Garropolo would certainly be a name to keep an eye on there.”

Garropolo’s health is an issue as shoulder surgery is being seriously discussed as of late for the eight-year veteran. The Steelers, or any team for that matter, would need to do their due diligence before trading for Garropolo to make sure they don’t trade for a player that is not fully recovered from an injury.

The asking price is the major question at this point considering Garropolo’s status heading into next season. Regardless of whether the Steelers opt to draft an answer at quarterback for the future, or seek one in free agency, the secret is out that they are indeed one of the most needy teams when it comes to the position.

Would you like to see Jimmy G in black and gold next season? Comment down below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I know a lot of peeps don't like it but I am ok with him or CrabLeg.

This just in … some guy at the bar thinks Steelers will sign/draft some guy.

Based on…. Nothing

so just like the **** most people post here
iu

I know a lot of peeps don't like it but I am ok with him or CrabLeg.

They are going to try and move him via trade but I think no one will bite. Then I think he is outright cut due to high salary cap. cost. If we are patient enough we may get a bargain price but the stickler is when will he be able to actually participate. Some have said he will miss all OTAs and part of TC. Would we really want to invest heavily for that kind of start?

I'd take Famous Jamis and his cost. FO (barely) knows more than I but "Here we go steelers here we go"

Salute the nation

Last edited:
This just in … some guy at the bar thinks Steelers will sign/draft some guy.

Based on…. Nothing

Gosh DANG Nastradaus is alive and well...................................... !

Salute the nation

• Haha
Reactions: FSF
If he wasn't hurt I think I'd invest in a reasonable sign and trade deal. But if anyone can explain to me why you would trade for a guy who essentially must be cut and cannot participate in OTAs please explain that to me. Let him get cut and then sign him. Where is there a better situation for him. Maybe Tampa. But that is it.

I'd prefer a cheaper option so they can build other areas of the team, however, there are worse ways to use a Day 3 pick (if that's the cost)...such as just about every Day 3 pick they make. A trade and contract extension that doesn't have a huge guarantee wouldn't be the worst option at QB. If they do acquire him, they'll need to make a serious investment in the offensive line.

They are going to try and move him via trade but I think no one will bite. Then I think he is outright cut due to high salary cap. cost. If we are patient enough we may get a bargain price but the stickler is when will he be able to actually participate. Some have said he will miss all OTAs and part of TC. Would we really want to invest heavily for that kind of start?

I'd take Famous Jamis and his cost. FO (barely) knows more than I but "Here we go steelers here we go"

Salute the nation
Winston is coming off injury too.

Winston is coming off injury too.

Yeppers but I think he will be ready sooner than Jimmy G, I'm not for sure on that but I did have Honey Pancakes for breakfast.

Salute the nation

If they're going this route, take a flyer on Trubisky. Probably cost less and has a higher potential upside.

The ONLY reason to get Garapolo is if Tomlin feels his seat getting warm and wants a QB to win 9 games. There is no way anybody thinks JG is a super bowl QB. None.

San Fran is already a super bowl caliber team. It is one of the easiest QB jobs in the league. That shanahan system is very QB friendly. They have a very good run game and playmakers in Debo and Kittle.

SF lost the super bowl to KC because Jimmy missed throws. They had that game. They lost this year for similar reasons.

At least with Trubisky you can argue that he didn't get a long enough shot and he was on a bad team. There's unknown upside. Jameis has had stretches where he does look really good. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done under Sean payton for a year, although the Saints WR system was a mess without Michael Thomas sitting out and stealing money.

Even Mariota has upside. And Canada's offense would fit his strengths. What's Jimmy G's upside? That he can come up short on a really strong team that asks little of him?

The only scenario where I'd view signing JG as a good move is if the steelers just cut Mason. Say they decided he's not the guy and they are moving on. They bring in JG to start and draft a QB of the future. But if Mason is still in your plans at least for this year, then what does JG bring to the table?

That’s why Coach is here

Say what you want but he is the ONLY one here could of gotten us 2-1st round picks out of Leveon even though it was past the trade deadline and Leveon was not on our roster.

So there is that.!

Salute the nation

Say what you want but he is the ONLY one here could of gotten us 2-1st round picks out of Leveon even though it was past the trade deadline and Leveon was not on our roster.

So there is that.!

Salute the nation
All the more reason why he should be the GM.

Didn’t he support Dri Archer over the protest of that fool Coolieman?

So there is that.!

Salute the nation
Cooch could work magic as a GM, if you don't believe me just ask him. After each draft he knows exactly what he would have done. You don't get those luxury automobiles without being in the know.