• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL QB's

Doesn’t Wilson want out of SEA?
Yes but rumors are he wants to go to a major entertainment market like new york or vegas… or maybe a city like Dallas… and since he is only like 33 they are asking multiple firsts for him…

It’s possible that we may get a castoff when he displaces somebody… lol

The bigger issue is cap… we have cap space but if you look at average costs to fill the impending holes on the roster we aren’t as great as we could be especially if we dump a ton on a established qb

Yes but rumors are he wants to go to a major entertainment market like new york or vegas… or maybe a city like Dallas… and since he is only like 33 they are asking multiple firsts for him…

It’s possible that we may get a castoff when he displaces somebody… lol

The bigger issue is cap… we have cap space but if you look at average costs to fill the impending holes on the roster we aren’t as great as we could be especially if we dump a ton on a established qb
Steelers know how to manipulate contracts to where that shouldn't limit the large amount available to just a QB. For me there is only one issue. Tombert making the right team decisions before, during, and after the draft. There is a lot the roster needs, fail to get the right upgrades and you will see an even worse version of this seasons fails. The roster filling process has been trending the wrong direction with fails in free agency and the draft. Every team has them the difference is the Steelers scale is weighing towards the not good enough compared to the good enough. The horse basically has come up lame. No matter the compassion we have for that horse with different degrees obviously. It has to be put down. As you can't ride it in its current state. A new horse is needed for the trail ride. Some will think back to when that horse stood tall. But now no favors are being done holding onto it. Our horse is named Tombert. Hi ho silver away..

Steelers know how to manipulate contracts to where that shouldn't limit the large amount available to just a QB. For me there is only one issue. Tombert making the right team decisions before, during, and after the draft. There is a lot the roster needs, fail to get the right upgrades and you will see an even worse version of this seasons fails. The roster filling process has been trending the wrong direction with fails in free agency and the draft. Every team has them the difference is the Steelers scale is weighing towards the not good enough compared to the good enough. The horse basically has come up lame. No matter the compassion we have for that horse with different degrees obviously. It has to be put down. As you can't ride it in its current state. A new horse is needed for the trail ride. Some will think back to when that horse stood tall. But now no favors are being done holding onto it. Our horse is named Tombert. Hi ho silver away..
Right but regardless the Steelers have to give minkah a extension and fill a bunch of starter roles… how much money do we really want to push out to the next few years… i mean if we were a qb away from a super bowl fine, but the offense is as young as it gets… and tge defense is not exactly deep…

Right but regardless the Steelers have to give minkah a extension and fill a bunch of starter roles… how much money do we really want to push out to the next few years… i mean if we were a qb away from a super bowl fine, but the offense is as young as it gets… and tge defense is not exactly deep…
I said previously that the Steelers besides QB didn't have to lobby for every top free agent. Just don't try to fill those holes with bottom tier players. Do that and then trim some fat and there is no reason they can't put out a highly competitive team. A Minkah extension could work to lower the cap hit even freeing up additional cap. Cut Tuitt, etc. The mission is dependant on them making the right decisions. That is what needs tweaked.

It's pretty much a given this team is not going to be championship-caliber or really even legit playoff-caliber for at least a couple of years. This is the time for the Steelers to right their overall cap structure and get rid of all dead money and don't push any money into future years. There really is no need for any restructures. Use what cap space you have and that's it. Right the ship. Balance the budget. Or, whatever you want to call it. Don't try to bring in an aging Rodgers or the like. That would be the dumbest mistake they could make. This team has too many holes and needs to throw 1st round picks and a butt load of money at one player right now.

It's pretty much a given this team is not going to be championship-caliber or really even legit playoff-caliber for at least a couple of years. This is the time for the Steelers to right their overall cap structure and get rid of all dead money and don't push any money into future years. There really is no need for any restructures. Use what cap space you have and that's it. Right the ship. Balance the budget. Or, whatever you want to call it. Don't try to bring in an aging Rodgers or the like. That would be the dumbest mistake they could make. This team has too many holes and needs to throw 1st round picks and a butt load of money at one player right now.
Thats not true in this nfl… teams often go from bad to good on the turn of a dime

There are more promising young guys on the team than we give them credit for…

The offense is one of the youngest units in the league… the defense has several stud pieces in place… people are writing off tuitt though every insider seems to think he will be back and not cut… heyward, watt, Fitzpatrick… those are useful premium players… the cb group is mostly younger guys… at ilb they are a bunch of guys and an overpriced Shobert, but Bush, who hasn’t been good, is stiil only 23… and pre injury he flashed at times….he isn’t a totally lost cause tge d line has uys that were developmental guys forced into starting roles this season, but that doesn’t mean they wont be better in the future… especially since they had mostly technical breakdowns that caused our issues the second half of this season

Mostly we need depth… one great draft and a few ufas could totally fix us… assuming we have a useable qb and the coaching isn’t crap

A-N-D

If the $$$$$$$ is pushed out to far it will hinder our new HC.

If our current HC showed he could do better than "anon-losing season" I'd be way more aboard but as is I' a little cautious. I want the OL / DL addressed first and for most, then worry about QB even if it eans waiting a year.

Salute the nation

Thats not true in this nfl… teams often go from bad to good on the turn of a dime

There are more promising young guys on the team than we give them credit for…

The offense is one of the youngest units in the league… the defense has several stud pieces in place… people are writing off tuitt though every insider seems to think he will be back and not cut… heyward, watt, Fitzpatrick… those are useful premium players… the cb group is mostly younger guys… at ilb they are a bunch of guys and an overpriced Shobert, but Bush, who hasn’t been good, is stiil only 23… and pre injury he flashed at times….he isn’t a totally lost cause tge d line has uys that were developmental guys forced into starting roles this season, but that doesn’t mean they wont be better in the future… especially since they had mostly technical breakdowns that caused our issues the second half of this season

Mostly we need depth… one great draft and a few ufas could totally fix us… assuming we have a useable qb and the coaching isn’t crap
Too many holes to be legit contenders. DL needs to be rebuilt. OL needs to be rebuilt but Moore and Green still could be part of that. Not sure about Dotson or Banner. Chuks sucks. Secondary needs multiple pieces especially if Haden and Edmunds are gone. ILB needs help. OLB needs help (Highsmith needs to get a lot better and we need legit backups. Taco might fit the bill with a full offseason here - at least for depth). We need a backup/change of pace RB that can spell Najee. We need help at WR. We need a legit starting QB. They can get some pieces this year but in no way should they **** up the cap or mortgage future years this year or next. It's just not worth it. We aren't that close and we aren't picking in the top 10. Retool/rebuild the team but do it smart. Minkah and Johnson are going to be our big expenditures this offseason. They should sign a few starters in FA but not top-tier guys that will break the bank and cause them to restructure a bunch of players and push cap hits down the road. Move on from Tuitt if he is not ready to start practicing at the facility with a couple of weeks of the end of the season. This team has some pieces but will look totally different next year and the year after. If they can somehow snag a franchise QB in this draft or the next draft, they could be back making noise in 2 to 3 years. Otherwise, it will be years of mediocrity, at best.

Tier 1: Franchise QBs
-Baltimore, Lamar Jackson
-Buffalo, Josh Allen
-Cincinnati, Joe Burrow
-Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes
-Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers
-Seattle, Russell Wilson
-Tampa Bay, Tom Brady

Tier 2: Good QBs/Future Stars
-LA Chargers, Justin Herbert
-Tennessee, Ryan Tannehill
-Atlanta, Matt Ryan
-Arizona, Kyler Murray
-Dallas, Dak Prescott
-LA Rams, Matt Stafford

Tier 3: Can win with help
-Cleveland, Baker Mayfield
-Indianapolis, Carson Wentz
-Las Vegas, Derek Carr
-Miami, Tua Tagovailoa
-New England, Mac Jones
-Minnesota, Kirk Cousins
-Philadelphia, Jalen Hurts

Tier 4: Veteran Placeholders/Young and Underwhelming
-Detroit-Jared Goff
-New Orleans, Jameis Winston (Tier 5 without Winston)
-NY Giants, Daniel Jones
-Washington, Taylor Heinicke

Tier 5: Need a Replacement
-Pittsburgh, Ben Roethlisberger (Tier 4 with Mason Rudolph)
-Carolina, Cam Newton/Sam Darnold

Tier 6: Rookie/Young QB
-Houston Texans, Davis Mills
-Jacksonville, Trevor Lawrence
-NY Jets, Zach Wilson
-Chicago, Justin Fields
-San Francisco, Trey Lance (I assume he's their guy next year)

This puts at least six teams that could possibly draft a QB early.
Lamar tier 1. Your kidding. The media talking heads created him. He can’t read a D or throw for ****. That’s why he can’t win big gsmes and looked awful this year at times. Heck many in his organization were calling for hunley. Or whatever his name is

Herbert is tier 1. He’s gonna be what Josh Allen is next year

Matt ryan is now a 4. He at this point cannot get it done

Tua is also a 4. Won’t make it much longer. Weak arm. Just not a good QB

Other than that I got no problem with your list 🙂

Why does everyone think the DL needs addressed? Next year we will most likely get Tuitt and Alualu back. Sounds like a pretty good rebuild to me. In fact, I'd say the two of them missing is a significant part of the run defense woes. That would be the last place I'd look.

Keep Bush, but have him on a short leash. Hopefully he'll come back to form. Cut Schobert and draft a replacement early. I'm excited about the DBs. Need to lock up Haden, but there are some promising young CBs there, and if we can get Fitz back to playing actual safety instead of backing up the ILBs, he can be a game-changer again.

I think the defense could be back to one of the best in the league next year without too much outside intervention.

Look, the 2022 QB situation depends a lot on what the Steelers really want to do with the offense. Genuine read-option? Get a mobile vet like Trubisky. Scrap this version of the "2-yard slant on 3rd and 9" offense? Then look for a QB that fits the new system.

The team should go with read-option and a QB who is mobile, can force teams to respect the passing game, while not throwing the ball 40 times per game. Trubisky fits the bill. Guy is mobile, can run, is experienced in the read-option, is an above-average passer, and led a Chicago team with Taylor Gabriel as the #2 WR and Jordan Howard as the #1 RB to 11 wins and the playoffs.

He will keep the Steelers competitive at an affordable cost. The team is not going to succeed if they spend their resources getting a top-tier QB in trade, somebody like Rodgers or Wilson. They will lose draft picks that they just cannot afford to give up, including at least 2 first round picks, probably a couple 2nd round picks.

So how the hell are they supposed to find a DT, DE, ILB, CB, SS, LT, G, C, and WR over the next two years??

Look, the 2022 QB situation depends a lot on what the Steelers really want to do with the offense. Genuine read-option? Get a mobile vet like Trubisky. Scrap this version of the "2-yard slant on 3rd and 9" offense? Then look for a QB that fits the new system.

The team should go with read-option and a QB who is mobile, can force teams to respect the passing game, while not throwing the ball 40 times per game. Trubisky fits the bill. Guy is mobile, can run, is experienced in the read-option, is an above-average passer, and led a Chicago team with Taylor Gabriel as the #2 WR and Jordan Howard as the #1 RB to 11 wins and the playoffs.

He will keep the Steelers competitive at an affordable cost. The team is not going to succeed if they spend their resources getting a top-tier QB in trade, somebody like Rodgers or Wilson. They will lose draft picks that they just cannot afford to give up, including at least 2 first round picks, probably a couple 2nd round picks.

So how the hell are they supposed to find a DT, DE, ILB, CB, SS, LT, G, C, and WR over the next two years??

I made a comment about Minshew a few weeks ago that something about his overuse of '70's words bugged me, but now that I realize Ben is leaving I'd take him and fix the O/D lines. I think him or Trubisky would be a good place to start. The older vets would be way too expensive and they don't wanna play here anyway, so there's that.

Why does everyone think the DL needs addressed? Next year we will most likely get Tuitt and Alualu back. Sounds like a pretty good rebuild to me. In fact, I'd say the two of them missing is a significant part of the run defense woes. That would be the last place I'd look.
The issue is no one knows what Tuitt's status will be next year and Alualu is pretty old, can he bounce back from injury? Even if both are back, they need to upgrade the depth.

The issue is no one knows what Tuitt's status will be next year and Alualu is pretty old, can he bounce back from injury? Even if both are back, they need to upgrade the depth.
Both have missed significant time. Time off isn't a NFL players friend. Especially one that is age plus 30. Add into Tuitt's mindset. It wouldn't shock me to see him retire. I go into the offseason with a mindset that they don't have a starting C, NT, RT, RG and DE. Lot of work to do I hope they are up for it.

If we draft a QB and I emphasize if, I really think the nod goes to NC’s Sam Howell. Steelers brass seem to really like him and have spent plenty of time scouting Sam.
I don’t like drafting a QB in this draft and think the emphasis needs to be OL and DL.
Sign either Trubisky or Mariotta instead.
Sam Howell seems like Baker lite. I agree with you on drafting OL and DL first.

Both have missed significant time. Time off isn't a NFL players friend. Especially one that is age plus 30. Add into Tuitt's mindset. It wouldn't shock me to see him retire. I go into the offseason with a mindset that they don't have a starting C, NT, RT, RG and DE. Lot of work to do I hope they are up for it.
Did he land endorsements of any kind? What’s his salary? Time off making multi millions if that’s his case doesn’t seem bad to me.

I’m sure as far as getting in physical shape, depending on motivation wouldn’t be too hard. Whatever mental block he has, I wish him the best. Tuitt may be done, if so he’ll be fine. Was never a bad character guy