• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No Cam Newton thread?

It's not politics or religion. It's just another misogynistic pro athlete.

At least he didn't tell her they would have to "fornicate" if she wanted to ask questions like Mike Tyson did to a reporter back in the 80's.

It's not politics or religion. It's just another misogynistic pro athlete.

Well, that is what it SHOULD be. However, he didn't actually discriminate against anyone, just said something stupid. Liberals can't have folks saying "unapproved free speech", though, which makes it politics. I don't expect them to be jumping up and down about him getting canned by Dannon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...swer-to-female-reporters-legitimate-question/

Newton was smirking while Rodrigue asked the question, and he made a totally inappropriate comment before answering.

“It’s funny to hear a female talk about routes. It’s funny,” Newton said, before then giving some thoughts about Funchess growing as a receiver.

Neither Rodrigue nor any of her colleagues in the local media followed up on that comment from Newton, but Rodrigue later took to Twitter to address the matter.

“I don’t think it’s ‘funny’ to be a female and talk about routes. I think it’s my job,” Rodrigue wrote. “I spoke with him after and it was worse. I chose not to share, because I have an actual job to do today and one he will not keep me from.”

i

fighting oppression

I don't get this. I don't know why it's funny and I don't know why it's offensive. **** the Panthers.

Idiotic to be sure but nothing in that one statement alone is worth all the fuss. I wonder what he said afterward she would not share.

So, Cam lost Dannon over this? I guess no one can joke about anything anymore. So many are so sensitive.

The "funny" thing is you'll see this reported on TV as being offensive, then they'll cut to a commercial break featuring advertisements that portray men as bumbling idiots who need their wives to come to their rescue and nobody gives it a second thought.

Really, did you ever notice how many commercials go this "route"?

The "funny" thing is you'll see this reported on TV as being offensive, then they'll cut to a commercial break featuring advertisements that portray men as bumbling idiots who need their wives to come to their rescue and nobody gives it a second thought.

I have. I especially detest the commercials where a child is the voice of reason, schooling the ignoramus parent.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

There's a local commercial here for a car dealership where the 3rd generation 7 year old kid with a speech impediment does all the talking. It's horrible. They probably thought it would be cute. It makes me want to slap the stutter right out of him.

There's a local commercial here for a car dealership where the 3rd generation 7 year old kid with a speech impediment does all the talking. It's horrible. They probably thought it would be cute. It makes me want to slap the stutter right out of him.

ha, we have one here, too. The little kid does the tag line to the dealership and it's annoying.

Never was the brightest bulb on the tree. It's called maturity - remember how he pouted like a 5 yr. old after losing the SB?

Yes, I
I've seen ads where the woman hits the man and also where the wife scares the man.

Take this cheerios ad for instance. They portray the man as a wimp because they know it is acceptable. The last line in the ad the guy says is "Shut up, Steve" Can you imagine an ad where the woman is stammering fearfully of the man and the ad would close out with the woman saying "It says shut up Helen"? Cheerios would be boycotted.

Once a doosh always a doosh. Funny how condescending he is. I hope the Steelers never think he'd be just the thing for the offense. It would be nauseating.

wasn't the media telling us just last week that NFL players have free speech and if you don't like their message, you need to shut the **** up?

Now you see the hypocrisy when somebody goes off the liberal script.

They said Trump was the biggest jerk in the world for suggesting the NFL fire players who kneel then they praise Dannon for dropping Cam.

Um....HOW is what Cam said offensive? As a woman, I'm offended that women find what he said offensive. I watched the clip yesterday and was shocked that the media ran with THAT as what was considered sexist. People seriously need to get a grip on reality and quit being gigantic *******.

If he had replaced the word funny with "cool", I wonder if she still would have been offended. My friends and I often comment when we see a female sports reporter on tv about how cool it would be to have a woman who loves and understands sports. Is that offensive too?

Um....HOW is what Cam said offensive? As a woman, I'm offended that women find what he said offensive. I watched the clip yesterday and was shocked that the media ran with THAT as what was considered sexist. People seriously need to get a grip on reality and quit being gigantic *******.

Cam was offended that she didn't offer him a steak and a BJ.

I can see how a woman would be offended with what he said as someone put it in the context of, replace "woman asking about routes" with "black men playing quarterback". Putting it in that perspective, sure, it's offensive. As a society, we have come far and should be moving forward, not backwards. I do think we can be overly sensitive, at times, but still need to be respectful of our surroundings. The potential **** storm is right around the corner at a moments notice.

I can see how a woman would be offended with what he said as someone put it in the context of, replace "woman asking about routes" with "black men playing quarterback". Putting it in that perspective, sure, it's offensive. As a society, we have come far and should be moving forward, not backwards. I do think we can be overly sensitive, at times, but still need to be respectful of our surroundings. The potential **** storm is right around the corner at a moments notice.

I can see why this particular reporter upset. I mean, there are women out there that are excellent sports journalists, and some that aren't just like men. Cam Newton said what he said like there is no way a woman could possibly understand a man's game, and probably shouldn't be asking about it. He was condescending at best. I don't know about the national uproar over it, but I can see where this reporter would have a beef. It was a legit question, and he **** on her.