• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No Cam Newton thread?

I actually didn't take his comment the way other people did. I thought he meant it as a compliment in a way. I get that kind of reaction a lot from dads when I'm watching my son's games and can make intelligent comments on what's going on. I have literally had to explain to some other women why the TD didn't count (holding call) or why the kids are trying to avoid picking up a bouncing punt.

Of course I'm not a sports reporter, but let's face it, Cam is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I actually didn't take his comment the way other people did. I thought he meant it as a compliment in a way. I get that kind of reaction a lot from dads when I'm watching my son's games and can make intelligent comments on what's going on. I have literally had to explain to some other women why the TD didn't count (holding call) or why the kids are trying to avoid picking up a bouncing punt.

Of course I'm not a sports reporter, but let's face it, Cam is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

What was the one from a couple days ago... something like 2 spring rolls short of a Pu Pu platter, heh heh.

Save us from ourselves Mel Brooks

How times have changed. I went to a church youth group organized sleepover party when I was 13 or so. One of the movies they showed at the sleepover was... Blazing Saddles! Can you imagine that today?

How times have changed. I went to a church youth group organized sleepover party when I was 13 or so. One of the movies they showed at the sleepover was... Blazing Saddles! Can you imagine that today?

no, because the left wouldn't allow it.

" Superman " hasn't been the same since he pulled back and opted out of trying to recover his own fumble in the super bowl.

If he was smart ( He's not ) he would have asked the reporter for specific details on the routes. Then he would have been able to make his point without being a jagoff.

This is 2017, about have the people watching are women.

It's not politics or religion. It's just another misogynistic pro athlete.

sddefault.jpg

Being that there are so few female sports reporters it is a bit funny. I am guessing he meant funny in the sense of it being a bit odd or out of the ordinary.

That's partly how he was recruited to Auburn....

He wasn't recruited to Auburn, He went there after getting bounced from Florida for stealing a laptop.

Being that there are so few female sports reporters it is a bit funny. I am guessing he meant funny in the sense of it being a bit odd or out of the ordinary.

I'm sure that's what he meant, but that's not controversial, so the media had to twist it into something they could sell.

I'm sure that's what he meant, but that's not controversial, so the media had to twist it into something they could sell.

yea and then it was turned around on her with crap she posted 4/5 years ago about a trip she took with her racist dad..

That's how I took it as well. Nothing offensive about it. I've been told by some guy friends that they think it's funny (cool) that I know so much about sports...and that it's funny that I give two ***** less about the "regular" female things like cooking, sewing, crafting.

That's how I took it as well. Nothing offensive about it. I've been told by some guy friends that they think it's funny (cool) that I know so much about sports...and that it's funny that I give two ***** less about the "regular" female things like cooking, sewing, crafting.

Thats me. I just think Cam is a jerk.

I tried to watch the Penn St game today and the woman announcer was terrible, i think her name was Beth. She sounded like the 12 yr olds on PS4 trying to make their voice deeper. Some women may know about football but i prefer not to hear them when the game is being played.

I tried to watch the Penn St game today and the woman announcer was terrible, i think her name was Beth. She sounded like the 12 yr olds on PS4 trying to make their voice deeper. Some women may know about football but i prefer not to hear them when the game is being played.

You are sure to trigger somebody with that statement.

We need equality, but only for the good stuff. Females are exempt from criticism. You WILL conform or be destroyed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...b-for-sexist-comment-about-female-announcers/

Radio host loses job for sexist comment about female announcers

“I don’t know why the sporting world needs a female play-by-play person on an NFL game. And I know that sounds harsh, and I just want to know what is the reason for it,” Missanelli said two days after Mowins called a Week One game. “It just to me sounds unnatural for her to be calling the NFL. Now, in college, it sounds sort of unnatural as well. But I can live with college. But this is prime time, Monday Night Football. I didn’t catch a lot of the game. Was she good? If she did a good job, then I’m wrong.”

This is funny to me. My major in college was broadcasting. My dream was to be the first woman announcer on MNF. I **** you all not. But...I made some ****** up choices and ended up dropping out. Anyhoo- I can kinda see where there would be a "voice" issue with women announcers. When we get excited, we get shrill and annoying. HOWEVER....they teach you (or they SHOULD) how to control emotions during a broadcast.

This is funny to me. My major in college was broadcasting. My dream was to be the first woman announcer on MNF. I **** you all not. But...I made some ****** up choices and ended up dropping out. Anyhoo- I can kinda see where there would be a "voice" issue with women announcers. When we get excited, we get shrill and annoying. HOWEVER....they teach you (or they SHOULD) how to control emotions during a broadcast.

I think that was the announcer problem, she had no emotion and sounded like the built in woman on your phone. I am sure they can find a better female announcer.

Dannon already switched girlfriends. Newton out, Prescot in

There is such a thing as "announcer voice". Lots of guys don’t have a voice suitable to be an announcer either. Somehow it has become sexist to not like the sound of a woman’s voice. A deep voice is the preference. Even when there is a woman doing a voice over for a commercial, it’s usually a woman with that husky voice.

During the election, the media called it sexist if anybody made fun of Hillary’s voice. Whenever she’d try to get loud it was like nails on a chalkboard, but still it was said that you only didn’t like her shrill screeching because she was a woman.

Mowins does a lot of college games and she’s OK, but the point is she is clearly not ESPN’s second best announcer and you would assume with 2 Monday night games the same night, game 2 would be handled by their second best unit.

This is part of ESPN’s decline. They no longer put the best people on air. They are hiring based on race and gender and it now shows in all their broadcasts. They are just not as good as they used to be.

Lyn,

Play by play or color?

With 40-45% of the viewing audience being female, I believe there is a market for female broadcaster for NFL games. Some women would listen in, she would not be well paid initially, but I think its worth a test.

Just stay away from using descriptive language on Center to QB exchanges, please.

Lyn,

Play by play or color?

With 40-45% of the viewing audience being female, I believe there is a market for female broadcaster for NFL games. Some women would listen in, she would not be well paid initially, but I think its worth a test.

Just stay away from using descriptive language on Center to QB exchanges, please.

Play by play. I wanted to be sitting next to Madden and making jokes with him and all that.