• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now Math is Racist!

I can't believe that I just read that. Wish I could say I was surprised.

She says that if you are good at math, you receive "unearned privilege" for being good at it. I mean, if I study hard and work hard to get good at math, didn't I earn it?

And then the big finish.............. “Things cannot be known objectively; they must be known subjectively.” Huh?

How this woman is a professor at any institution of higher learning is beyond me. My son starts college August 12th. My prayer is that he gets an education and doesn't end up as a mindless idiot that believes this nonsense.

I think this was a post from several months ago. It dumbfounded me. What a bunch of BS. I think some people will claim racism over anything they arent good at, dont agree with, etc. Give me a break.

That was the thread that i outted my female persuasion. Right Supe lol?

Can't read it. Tells me to turn off AdBlocker, so I do, and it tells me to turn off AdBlocker.

Can't read it. Tells me to turn off AdBlocker, so I do, and it tells me to turn off AdBlocker.

You didnt miss much. We're privileged because math is greek based? I know a lot of white people who despise math.

I know a lot of white people who despise math.

Uhhh yeah, this one right here does. Arithmetic is great...the four basic functions....I'm a wiz. Start giving me theoretical numbers and letter variables in Algebraic problems and I'm going to ask you what the point is of this stupid **** and why you're wasting my time with things that have no practical meaning. I don't do fictional numbers.

I can't read it because it will further diminish my hope in humanity.

I read it. I wish I could get back that 60 seconds of my life. To summarize:

Greek terms like "Pythagorean theorem" and "pi" promote the idea that math was developed by white people, in particular, one guy named Pythagorus when we know that a black man invented the Pythagorean theorem and Pythagorus just stole it. Also, math is easy for whites. Well, and Asians, I guess. The darker your skin, the more difficulty you have with math, because racism.

So to sum up - Pythagorus stole from the black man, and math is racist.

I read it. I wish I could get back that 60 seconds of my life. To summarize:

Greek terms like "Pythagorean theorem" and "pi" promote the idea that math was developed by white people, in particular, one guy named Pythagorus when we know that a black man invented the Pythagorean theorem and Pythagorus just stole it. Also, math is easy for whites. Well, and Asians, I guess. The darker your skin, the more difficulty you have with math, because racism.

So to sum up - Pythagorus stole from the black man, and math is racist.

Indians disagree with your assertion about dark skin and math.

Omg hahahahaha. You know everyone gets gifts in this world, some more than others. Some develope them to high levels while others piss them away. Not everyone can be a rocket scientist and not everyone can be a world class athlete. You work with what you got. It comes easy for some in mathematics. Just as it comes easy.for some to carry a tune into the highest and lowest octaves with perfection.
That stuff knows no race and is God given.

I can't even believe this person teaches. She has nothing to offer.

Yeah....read the title and refused to read any further.
Libs are ******* annoying

ya I felt sooo privileged in my calculus 2 class or my physics 2 with calculus or my wave and optics class. yep my almost white skin got thru all of them with no problems. hell, I don't think I even studied once, good thing to cause those organic chemistry classes were a *****.

In three weeks I get to start graduate school, I sure hope those teachers take my white privilege into consideration.

Last edited:
I think white people across this country are impressed with the way black people think racism should be stamped out and put behind us. Not.

Are you confused?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Not at all. At some point someone said something like "Hey this guy ..." and i thought wtf I'll answer without gender id labels. But then the math story was birthed by that "educated" fraud of a woman and i couldn't help myself, i threw it out there. What? I'd been told math wasnt for girls while i kicked the boys buttocks in math.

I think white people across this country are impressed with the way black people think racism should be stamped out and put behind us. Not.

71dj9a5oorly.jpg

th
th

th
th

Uhhh yeah, this one right here does. Arithmetic is great...the four basic functions....I'm a wiz. Start giving me theoretical numbers and letter variables in Algebraic problems and I'm going to ask you what the point is of this stupid **** and why you're wasting my time with things that have no practical meaning. I don't do fictional numbers.

Same!!! When I was in HS, the teacher told us we were going to learn about imaginary numbers. I raised my hand and said that I wasn't going to learn numbers that weren't real. That didn't go over too well. Anything other than basic arithmetic, and I start to cry.

Same!!! When I was in HS, the teacher told us we were going to learn about imaginary numbers. I raised my hand and said that I wasn't going to learn numbers that weren't real. That didn't go over too well. Anything other than basic arithmetic, and I start to cry.

This must mean that you and I have effectively checked our White Privilege.

The square root of -1. How did they figure out that that could be useful? The things that get done when there is no TV to watch..