• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now Math is Racist!

The square root of -1. How did they figure out that that could be useful? The things that get done when there is no TV to watch..

Or those parabola things. Who the **** cares which way the damn arrows go? It's a ******* answer....why do you need to graph it to prove it's right? And geometry proofs. Kiss my ***. I can look at the shape and tell it's a ******* square. I don't need to PROVE it.

ya I felt sooo privileged in my calculus 2 class or my physics 2 with calculus or my wave and optics class. yep my almost white skin got thru all of them with no problems. hell, I don't think I even studied once, good thing to cause those organic chemistry classes were a *****.

In three weeks I get to start graduate school, I sure hope those teachers take my white privilege into consideration.

As long as you don't leave home without your white privilege card. That gives you 15 extra points alone.

Speaking of, our resident mathematician has been MIA.

Or those parabola things. Who the **** cares which way the damn arrows go? It's a ******* answer....why do you need to graph it to prove it's right? And geometry proofs. Kiss my ***. I can look at the shape and tell it's a ******* square. I don't need to PROVE it.

LOL... I loved all that ****.....

Uhhh yeah, this one right here does. Arithmetic is great...the four basic functions....I'm a wiz. Start giving me theoretical numbers and letter variables in Algebraic problems and I'm going to ask you what the point is of this stupid **** and why you're wasting my time with things that have no practical meaning. I don't do fictional numbers.

C'mon peoples! Of course advanced math has no practical value in daily life, but it certainly is not "stupid ****" or "fictional numbers"...advanced mathematics is a vital tool in design engineering, chemistry, astronomy, physics.....
Much of what you own was designed and created with the aide of advanced math!

Don't be like libtards who hate corporations yet wouldn't be without the goodies they produce! LOL

Granted, computers figure out this **** these days, but still!

Last edited:
I wonder why Tibs and Elfie haven't shown up to try and defend this liberal ****.

Where i work we have programs that calculate information that would not be efficient without the algebraic formulas i developed. Sometimes it is applicable in daily life.

All practical mathematics, including calculus, is based on the Pythagorean theorem. The Pythagorean theorem is the foundation for the unit circle, which is the basis for trigonometry, developed in approximately 900. The advancement of mathematics stalled in the dark ages, but was then reborn when Newton (Liebniz?) invented differential calculus. Calculus is crucial for the advance of mathematics, including complex rate-of-change calculations necessary for air travel and later space flight.

Pythagorus - the grandfather of modern mathematics, with clear shout-out to his kids, Newton (and Liebniz?).

All practical mathematics, including calculus, is based on the Pythagorean theorem. The Pythagorean theorem is the foundation for the unit circle, which is the basis for trigonometry, developed in approximately 900. The advancement of mathematics stalled in the dark ages, but was then reborn when Newton (Liebniz?) invented differential calculus. Calculus is crucial for the advance of mathematics, including complex rate-of-change calculations necessary for air travel and later space flight.

Pythagorus - the grandfather of modern mathematics, with clear shout-out to his kids, Newton (and Liebniz?).

I never realized the beauty of mathematics until I got to college and saw real world applications of a formula both differentiated and integrated and what that really means. It literally was a revalation to me. I'm no mathematics genius and I struggled in high level statistics and when I got into arrays and computations using arrays, but the fundementals of calculaus are absolutely amazing.

I never realized the beauty of mathematics until I got to college and saw real world applications of a formula both differentiated and integrated and what that really means. It literally was a revalation to me. I'm no mathematics genius and I struggled in high level statistics and when I got into arrays and computations using arrays, but the fundementals of calculaus are absolutely amazing.

BEAUTY of mathematics??? Are you high?? Or are you Sheldon?

I will say I still remember the Pythaogrean theorem- A squared+B squared= C Squared.

And I can still "sing" how to set up the quadratic formula: (Sung to the tune of Frere-Jaques) Minus B Minus B plus or minus square root plus or minus square root.....B squared minus 4 AC B squared minus 4AC.....over 2A....over 2A.
I have never ever ever had to use that in everyday life, but boy, I can still sing it!

I divided by Pi once to find the volume of an unmarked storage tank. Math can **** off though. I have calculators, converter apps, chemists and accountants to handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

C'mon peoples! Of course advanced math has no practical value in daily life, but it certainly is not "stupid ****" or "fictional numbers"...advanced mathematics is a vital tool in design engineering, chemistry, astronomy, physics.....
Much of what you own was designed and created with the aide of advanced math!

Don't be like libtards who hate corporations yet wouldn't be without the goodies they produce! LOL

Granted, computers figure out this **** these days, but still!

Fictional numbers are completely useless to me in my everyday life. In fact I've never had to use them at all unless I am trying to help my kids with their homework. I enjoy working with real numbers ok. However, I much more enjoy reading or writing. A very small percentage of people's brains are wired to do both things equally as well. Those people are called geniuses. I may lack something in the Math department, but you could throw out a random topic and tell me to write a 500 word essay about it and I'll knock it out in 30 minutes without even breaking a sweat. Just don't give me stupid ******* fictional numbers.

Last edited:
The amount of white privilege on display in this thread is deplorable.

I'm white and hate math and numbers. But I love music and language and learning foreign languages. What does that make me?

math in da hood on a typical weekend

6 Dead, 37 Wounded In Chicago Weekend Shootings

CHICAGO (CBS) — At least six people were killed, and 37 others were wounded in shootings across the city from Friday evening until early Monday, including a man who was grazed by a stray bullet while sleeping in his Little Village home, and a 57-year-old man who was killed in an attempted home invasion.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/07/30/6-dead-37-wounded-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/