• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

I remember when GW had an unemployment rate of 5.5% and lower? What were those stories like in the MSM? I'm sure you remember those celebratory headlines, right? right?

This is what it feels like reading this board. ;)

Republicans Question Obama’s Motives for Fixing Economy By Andy Borowitz
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-question-obamas-motives-fixing-economy

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Two days after the release of an unusually strong jobs report, prominent Republicans appeared on the Sunday morning talk shows to question President Obama’s “suspicious motives” for repairing the economy.

“When there have been so many months of job growth, it does make you wonder what he’s up to,” said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). “You add in the rising stock market and falling gas prices, and the whole thing doesn’t pass the smell test.”

Appearing on Fox News, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell accused the President of “cynically fixing the economy to distract the American people.”

“This country faces serious problems, and I don’t think they can be swept under the rug by creating prosperity,” he said.

But the sternest rebuke came from House Speaker John Boehner, who warned, “If President Obama doesn’t stop fixing the economy, Congress has ways to make him stop.”

“If the President thinks he can fool the American people by putting them back to work and raising their wages, he’s headed for a rude awakening,” he said.

I think we all know what caused the financial crisis......................

Can anyone tell me one thing this Administration did that directly effected the recovery?

Obama did lots of things that directly slowed down "the recovery". Obamacare, over regulation, his "stimulus" - the obvious ones.

This is what it feels like reading this board. ;)

Republicans Question Obama’s Motives for Fixing Economy By Andy Borowitz
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-question-obamas-motives-fixing-economy

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Two days after the release of an unusually strong jobs report, prominent Republicans appeared on the Sunday morning talk shows to question President Obama’s “suspicious motives” for repairing the economy.

“When there have been so many months of job growth, it does make you wonder what he’s up to,” said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). “You add in the rising stock market and falling gas prices, and the whole thing doesn’t pass the smell test.”

Appearing on Fox News, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell accused the President of “cynically fixing the economy to distract the American people.”

“This country faces serious problems, and I don’t think they can be swept under the rug by creating prosperity,” he said.

But the sternest rebuke came from House Speaker John Boehner, who warned, “If President Obama doesn’t stop fixing the economy, Congress has ways to make him stop.”

“If the President thinks he can fool the American people by putting them back to work and raising their wages, he’s headed for a rude awakening,” he said.

The sad part is that you really believe your own tripe. BHO's economy is the weakest recovery in American history. Wages are not rising, they are falling. He's put a bunch of part timers to work and the middle class has shrunk by millions since he took over. During that time more millions have stopped looking for work altogether. But keep spouting that propaganda I'm sure at least you'll believe it.

The sad part is that you really believe your own tripe. BHO's economy is the weakest recovery in American history. Wages are not rising, they are falling. He's put a bunch of part timers to work and the middle class has shrunk by millions since he took over. During that time more millions have stopped looking for work altogether. But keep spouting that propaganda I'm sure at least you'll believe it.
But Reagan only created burger flipper jobs.

Burgers are awesome!!! and they need flipping.

100 Billion? Isn't that like a weeks worth of federal spending? How much would we need to raise taxes or cut spending to balance the budget?

100 Billion? Isn't that like a weeks worth of federal spending? How much would we need to raise taxes or cut spending to balance the budget?

Why do you think that raising taxes would balance the budget? Please indicate where this has worked previously.

The imperial president. The winner of worst president ever award. He embraces our enemies and ***** on our allies. He is treason the anti-american pole smokin commie pinko foreigner unworthy of office.

Except that that isn't a static model. Sometimes when you raise taxes you actually raise less revenue than if you leave them the same or lower them.
Bomma doesn't care though.

I'm pretty sure I also mentioned cutting spending.[/QUOTE]

Government never ever spends less no matter which party is running it.

It's all about some type of social justice for him. He's got to carry on dads commie work. His mentors must be proud. I wonder if he will empty the jails before he leaves office? Maybe trade off some more terrorists for deserters. We should just give Iran nuclear weapons and ballistic missile technology while we're at it. Maybe we can create some shovel ready jobs for ISIS here in the states. We could call it the kill the infidel dream act. Each day that clicks off that calender is a day closer to that ******* ******* being out of office. I am beyond conviced we need a major overhaul on what power is given to the president and term limits for all in office are a necessary as air.

successful president.jpg

http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...ing-of-37-trillion-on-welfare-is-a-record.htm

Poverty: Any lingering doubts about the deficiencies of Obamanomics can be dispelled with one piece of data: The U.S. has spent $3.7 trillion on welfare in the past five years, with virtually nothing to show for it.
GOP members of the Senate Budget Committee reported that cumulative spending on welfare during the Obama years has been five times greater than what's been spent on transportation, education and NASA — combined.
Maybe that shouldn't be surprising. Obama, after all, promised a "fundamental transformation" of America. He's fulfilled that promise with a vengeance.
Means-tested aid programs now number about 80. Food stamps, with more than 47 million recipients, have gotten the lion's share of recent attention. But that's just one of 15 food-aid programs.
No, we're not against temporary help for truly desperate people. But welfare spending has grown year in and year out regardless of how the economy has performed or whether unemployment is up or down.
And a lot of welfare spending is pure waste. Just this week, the IRS admitted to the disbursement of $133 billion in bogus payments over the past decade under the earned income tax credit — a kind of direct welfare transfer from taxpayers to low-income workers.
Unfortunately, the welfare state will only grow.
A Senate report earlier this year noted that, based on Congressional Budget Office projections, welfare spending will rise 80% over the next 10 years. That's $11 trillion in welfare spending over that time. Just cutting that growth to 60%, the report found, would save taxpayers $1 trillion. But, as we've seen, that won't happen.
Yet, surely all this money must be making a dent in all the poverty. Nope. Today, 46.5 million Americans live in poverty and more than 70% of all federal spending goes to dependency programs, like Social Security and Medicare. At the same time, nearly half of all Americans no longer pay any federal income tax at all.
This nation was was once filled with proud workers and businesses eager to hire them. But, as noted here Wednesday, a record 90.6 million Americans of working age are no longer in the labor force. Logic tells us they have to be supported by (1) their own savings, (2) working children or spouses or (3) welfare.
Increasingly, it seems, (3) is the answer. The Census Department reported just this week that 49% of the population, or 151 million Americans, got federal aid from at least one program in 2011 — up from 94 million in 2000.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...lion-on-welfare-is-a-record.htm#ixzz3Tu4OC9pV
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Except that that isn't a static model. Sometimes when you raise taxes you actually raise less revenue than if you leave them the same or lower them.
Bomma doesn't care though.

Government never ever spends less no matter which party is running it.

My original point was what's the point of a $100 billion tax increase?Assuming it does close the deficit gap by the full $100 billion, isn't it a fairly meaningless improvement? Don't we have a long way to go?

My original point was what's the point of a $100 billion tax increase?Assuming it does close the deficit gap by the full $100 billion, isn't it a fairly meaningless improvement? Don't we have a long way to go?

It won't increase the govt revenue by $100 billion, at least not for long because it slows the economy down. For example I am self-employed I pay a lot less taxes than I did in 2007 because I make a lot less money than I did then. Multiply me by a few million other people and there you go. Not just my personal taxes, my business sends a lot less sales and wage taxes to the state than we used to because the economy sucks.

Whenever our government increases taxes,they also increase spending. They never offset ****. Well at least not this administration.

Whenever our government increases taxes,they also increase spending. They never offset ****. Well at least not this administration.

That's any of them. The Republicans never spend less either. The Democrats just spend more than they do.

That's any of them. The Republicans never spend less either. The Democrats just spend more than they do.

And that **** has to end. How do we get term limits on these people when they are the ones who would vote for it? How do we end the endless increasing taxation&regulation? Does it all have to collapse? A revolt perhaps?