• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama's Childish U.N. speech

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I don't know why this guy doesn't get laughed off the stage when he starts with this tripe. Some lowlights -

We’ve taken away terrorist safe havens, strengthened the nonproliferation regime, resolved the Iranian nuclear issue through diplomacy.

No, you haven't.

And we have made international institutions like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund more representative, while establishing a framework to protect our planet from the ravages of climate change.

Do what now?

Across vast swaths of the Middle East, basic security, basic order has broken down. We see too many governments muzzling journalists, and quashing dissent, and censoring the flow of information.

Count us in as well.

Terrorist networks use social media to prey upon the minds of our youth, endangering open societies and spurring anger against innocent immigrants and Muslims.

Let's not forget -
On September 15, President Obama issued an executive order asking for behavioral sciences consultation in developing programs on climate change in order to increase public participation.

And as these real problems have been neglected, alternative visions of the world have pressed forward both in the wealthiest countries and in the poorest: Religious fundamentalism; the politics of ethnicity, or tribe, or sect; aggressive nationalism; a crude populism — sometimes from the far left, but more often from the far right — which seeks to restore what they believe was a better, simpler age free of outside contamination.

No, *******. Free from illegal aliens and "refugees" who come here to kill us.

Today, a nation ringed by walls would only imprison itself.

No it wouldn't, and this is like a line a ninth grader would come up with.

It starts with making the global economy work better for all people and not just for those at the top. While open markets, capitalism have raised standards of living around the globe, globalization combined with rapid progress and technology has also weakened the position of workers and their ability to secure a decent wage. In advanced economies like my own, unions have been undermined, and many manufacturing jobs have disappeared. Often, those who benefit most from globalization have used their political power to further undermine the position of workers.

I think he stumbled into the truth here. Capitalism good. Globalism bad.

But I do believe there’s another path — one that fuels growth and innovation, and offers the clearest route to individual opportunity and national success. It does not require succumbing to a soulless capitalism that benefits only the few, but rather recognizes that economies are more successful when we close the gap between rich and poor, and growth is broadly based.

Wait, you just said capitalism has raised standards of living around the world..

These are the policies that I’ve pursued here in the United States, and with clear results. American businesses have created now 15 million new jobs.

What ******* policy of yours had anything to do with that?

So just as I’ve pursued these measures here at home, so has the United States worked with many nations to curb the excesses of capitalism

Again..

That’s why we’ve pushed for transparency and cooperation in rooting out corruption..

You can't make this **** up.

And that’s why we need to follow through on our efforts to combat climate change. If we don’t act boldly, the bill that could come due will be mass migrations, and cities submerged and nations displaced, and food supplies decimated, and conflicts born of despair.

With a straight face he says this. Stern even.

So, for the wealthiest countries, a Green Climate Fund should only be the beginning. We need to invest in research and provide market incentives to develop new technologies, and then make these technologies accessible and affordable for poorer countries. And only then can we continue lifting all people up from poverty without condemning our children to a planet beyond their capacity to repair.

The only people being lifted out of poverty with this bullshit are the bogus green businesses funded by the government. They are never sustainable businesses on their own.

But there appears to be growing contest between authoritarianism and liberalism right now. And I want everybody to understand, I am not neutral in that contest. I believe in a liberal political order — an order built not just through elections and representative government, but also through respect for human rights and civil society, and independent judiciaries and the rule of law.

He believes in a representative government ruled by a benevolent dictator who will enforce "human rights and a civil society".

Now, I will admit, my belief that governments serve the individual, and not the other way around, is shaped by America’s story.

Again with a straight face.

Our nation began with a promise of freedom that applied only to the few.

Such loathing.

Too often, in capitals, decision-makers have forgotten that democracy needs to be driven by civic engagement from the bottom up, not governance by experts from the top down.

The irony.

So I recognize a traditional society may value unity and cohesion more than a diverse country like my own, which was founded upon what, at the time, was a radical idea — the idea of the liberty of individual human beings endowed with certain God-given rights.

Wait, you just said that our nation began with a promise of freedom that applied to only the few?

It’s a truism that global integration has led to a collision of cultures; trade, migration, the Internet, all these things can challenge and unsettle our most cherished identities. We see liberal societies express opposition when women choose to cover themselves. We see protests responding to Western newspaper cartoons that caricature the Prophet Muhammad.

There's the whole persecution and murder of Christians thing going on, but let's focus on cartoons and hijabs.

We can only eliminate extreme poverty if the sustainable development goals that we have set are more than words on paper. Human ingenuity now gives us the capacity to feed the hungry and give all of our children — including our girls — the education that is the foundation for opportunity in our world. But we have to put our money where our mouths are.

..including our girls?

And we can only realize the promise of this institution’s founding — to replace the ravages of war with cooperation — if powerful nations like my own accept constraints.

Ahh! Just replace war with cooperation! Handcuff the US and that will happen magically.

When Iran agrees to accept constraints on its nuclear program that enhances global security and enhances Iran’s ability to work with other nations. On the other hand, when North Korea tests a bomb that endangers all of us. And any country that breaks this basic bargain must face consequences. And those nations with these weapons, like the United States, have a unique responsibility to pursue the path of reducing our stockpiles, and reaffirming basic norms like the commitment to never test them again.

That's not how it works, dummy. We only get to enforce constraints (or in this case talk about enforcing constraints) because we have proven and tested weapons superiority.

My own family is a made up of the flesh and blood and traditions and cultures and faiths from a lot of different parts of the world — just as America has been built by immigrants from every shore. And in my own life, in this country, and as President, I have learned that our identities do not have to be defined by putting someone else down, but can be enhanced by lifting somebody else up.

This is what the President of the United States says in a formal address to the U.N.? He learned not to put people down? What the living ****?

Anyway, here is a link to whole mess - http://time.com/4501910/president-obama-united-nations-speech-transcript/

I hope the majority see through his lies and deception.

I'm counting down the days until this ******* cupcake liberal retard is gone. Good grief.

The UN should move their headquarters to Damascus, Sryia

In fact, we should insist - out of NYC!

U.S. police killings reminiscent of lynching, U.N. group says

Police killings of black people in the United States are reminiscent of lynchings and the government must do far more to protect them, a United Nations working group says in a report that will be debated at the U.N. Human Rights Council on Monday.

The hard-hitting criticism - drawing a comparison between modern police behaviour and mob killings of blacks in the 19th and 20th centuries - comes at a time of renewed racial tension in the United States.

This week Charlotte, North Carolina, saw street riots over the shooting of a black man, Keith Scott, by a black police officer. On Friday, a white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man turned herself into authorities in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

"Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching," said the report by the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent.

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-police-un-idINL8N1BZ3CF

------------------------------

un.jpg

I'm telling you man. The police need to institute a brand new policy.

If the perp is a black person, the police need to break off immediately and call the local neighborhood watch number. I'm dead ******* serious. Let the neighborhoods police themselves. The second the report comes over the radio that the suspect is a black male or female, the police simply turn off the radio and go about their business and the dispatcher calls the local neighborhood watch and conveys the last known location of the person of interest.

Boom. Black Lives Matter. Racial tensions resolved and the black crime issue drops about 450% in 1 week. Guaranteed.

What did Clete do?

He asked Bermuda if he can show up in J-ville and beat his *** and said something derogatory about his wife.

Coolie banned him but I thought I read posts by Coolie that were kind of similar as what Clete posted. IDK.

He asked Bermuda if he can show up in J-ville and beat his *** and said something derogatory about his wife.

Coolie banned him but I thought I read posts by Coolie that were kind of similar as what Clete posted. IDK.

bullshit...I have never posted about meeting up and fighting or ******* another posters wife

don't like it...take it up with management

bullshit...I have never posted about meeting up and fighting or ******* another posters wife

don't like it...take it up with management

Maybe you never mentioned fighting or others' wives but you definitely made assertions and personal attacks that were just as derogatory.

Want me to find them?

Maybe you never mentioned fighting or others' wives but you definitely made assertions and personal attacks that were just as derogatory.

Want me to find them?

Do as you wish. I may insult you. But I don't threaten or insult family. Don't see the difference I don't care

I think Bammy is mostly bent out of shape that the Commie bullshit He's been taught all His life isn't working and that, surprise, other leaders don't listen to Him.

Want me to find them?

Sure, Why don't you take a month off from posting here and find them......all of them. Please go back to the beginning of time.

Siiiiiiigh ...
That stupid working group has determined that the U.S. owes black people reparations -
The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-history-of-racial-terrorism-says-u-n-panel/