• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

On to round two

Lambert58

Reaction score
Remember when LB was a valued position?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hated those Chargers teams with a passion, probably the best to never make it to a Super Bowl but they had the Steelers number and signaled an end to the dynasty.
I lived there at the time. It's where I learned to not smack talk.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
The rough equivalent of a pick in next years draft is the round before this years draft, so if the Steelers didn’t have any capital left in this years draft, it would be customary to use next years first round pick to acquire a second round pick.
I’m probably going to regret this, but maybe because we’re in the Football Forum, you’ll actually answer this and not dodge/ignore…..

Please provide just one example of a team trading their following year’s 1st round pick to trade into/up in the second round of the current draft going on.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m probably going to regret this, but maybe because we’re in the Football Forum, you’ll actually answer this and not dodge/ignore…..

Please provide just one example of a team trading their following year’s 1st round pick to trade into/up in the second round of the current draft going on.
There was that time the Cleveland Browns played moneyball during the draft and traded the following year's first round pick to select Bobby Bouchette.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn- That dud Sweat should be a Steeler.

Troglodyte

Reaction score

It’s not a first for a second, but when the Steelers traded to draft Shmarko Thomas, I think they traded their next years third for a fourth.

I’m sure someone can back me up on this, it’s a customary practice.