• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Only in America is math racist

I'm as white as they come, but I SUCK at math. I had no privileges afforded me....other than the "privilege" of learning **** that made me cry and made NO sense. Why is substituting letters for numbers a thing? And WHY learn about imaginary numbers? They don't exist....therefore, WHY?????

I'm a big fan of the calculator and the Converter app. I sell to a lot of different countries and use the weight, volume and currency features on that app all the time. Here in North America it's easy. We just sell by price per gallon, pound or ton. Other countries want pricing in metric tonnes, kilograms, liters...it used be a pain in the ***, now it's simple. Thank you Converter app!

Shameless bragging, my white daughter got a perfect score on her math SAT and on her AP Calculus test.

Those math privilege genes come from her dad, trust me.

I'm as white as they come, but I SUCK at math. I had no privileges afforded me....other than the "privilege" of learning **** that made me cry and made NO sense. Why is substituting letters for numbers a thing? And WHY learn about imaginary numbers? They don't exist....therefore, WHY?????

You just described me too. The very second in high school Algebra when letters started coming into play and your answer for solving an equation was another equation I checked out and was done. Suffered through another two years of it but I could not wait to be done with it and never see it again. I took Statistics in college and absolutely loved it. Got 100's on pretty much every test....because it was real world practical Math, that has an actual purpose. Theoretical Math is not my friend.....it serves no purpose in my life there I have never had any interest in mastering it.

wait ... hold up a sec ... we just missed a very important detail.

Steelin is a chick? Who's got the bikini pic?

put it this way. let's say there's a guy named Brian.
Brian has no friends. He constructs imaginary friends to remedy this.
Brian is good at math. Bad at personality and hygiene.
Brian then combines his adoration of math with his imagination and voila -- imaginary ******* numbers.
don't be like Brian.
Brian is a dick.

Brian then combines his adoration of math with his imagination and voila -- imaginary ******* numbers.
don't be like Brian.
Brian is a dick.

which you like to suck, HARD!

1) Personality and hygiene are waaay overrated. I got a trophy wife without either...oh, wait!

don't be like Brian.
Brian is a dick.

That is racist against Brian. I am a Brian. I am insulted. I want reparations. Or else I will protest in a pink Brian lives matter shirt with no pants on.

That is racist against Brian. I am a Brian. I am insulted. I want reparations. Or else I will protest in a pink Brian lives matter shirt with no pants on.

on rare occasions do Brians matter. We'll allow this one.

don't be like Brian.
Brian is a dick.

1ybofy.jpg

Honestly, if math is racist and personifies white privilege, why are so many Asians good at it?

The new one now is that speaking standard English and expecting students to use it rather than black argot is racist. How dare you privileged cracka assed crackas expect every body to be easily understood.

looks like the corn pop in the upper left is getting some head from the one sitting in front of him.

The new one now is that speaking standard English and expecting students to use it rather than black argot is racist. How dare you privileged cracka assed crackas expect every body to be easily understood.

Nawameen?