• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OPEN letter on the CBA............................................. (good read)

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...cba-vote-window-closes/ar-BB11dgQu?li=BBnba9I

Its a little long but interesting......... read

OPEN letter from Smith on current CBA contract. Talks a little about contract (generalities) but I see it as a promotion for players to sign.

SOMETHING seems fishhy as to the urgency of this thing.....

1) The owners are willing to give up a lot to gain 1 additional season and a play off game..............

2) The NFLPA only gave full deal proposal to players with a very short time to read & understand...........

3) I have trust issues for both side, owners and demarcus smith

One thing said this proposal gives nearly 8 billion in wages / benefits whereas that is twice hockey and near full NBA in yearly earnings (i think i;ve got that right). It also states the NFLPA is the weakest union in pro sports as it has the LOWEST revenue sharing of all pro sports.

Salute the nation

I just read a really really quickly I’ll say one thing with the players probably really really like is that two week drug testing window at the start of training Camp. I think everybody missed that one, that was huge...

Increasing pension and health care for retired players is a big give as well. It will help everyone in the league.

The pay increases for the younger players had to be a plus. The owners gave a lot, but it's still a relatively small piece of the pie, they got extra playoff teams and get to add a game without much of a fight from the NFLPA.

**** Goodell.

I just read a really really quickly I’ll say one thing with the players probably really really like is that two week drug testing window at the start of training Camp. I think everybody missed that one, that was huge...

You're going to see a lot of juiced up,drugged up guys. 2 weeks..haha. Oh well. Rock on.

So will there be a second bye week for each team? Will the extra game be played on a neutral field?

NO extra bye week and every-other year 9 home games. My guess

Salute the nation

Yeah as really that would stink to not have an extra bye week but needs to have an extra bye week.