• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – Steelers Nearing Record Breaking Deal with Minkah Fitzpatrick

the Steelers have never won a Championship with an average defense. never

Yep, no team built old school like the Titans can win championships. It's all about offense and having a mediocre defense can carry you to titles
the bucs won on defense. the rams won on defense those are the last 2 champs

the bucs won on defense. the rams won on defense those are the last 2 champs

Yeah, but other than that, I mean ... like the 2018 Patsies**** overwhelming the Rams with 13 points.

But there is one statistic common to every champion since 2013 – a stinginess on defense. All ranked in the Top 10 in scoring defense. They did not allow points. That’s been the one statistic universal to the success of all Super Bowl champions – 47 of the 54 winners ranked in the Top 10 in scoring defense. Of the 108 teams that have reached the Super Bowl, 89 of them ranked in the Top 10 in scoring defense.

Sixteen of the Super Bowl champions led the NFL in scoring defense, another 18 finished in the Top 5 and 13 more finished in the Top 10. So the secret to NFL success isn’t how often an offense puts the ball in the end zone – it’s how well a defense keeps the ball out of its own end zone.

Great find and great point made.

I don't have a proble investing lopsided in the "D" vs the "O" as long as our team is progressing in getting better. Our gap will narrow when some of the new hires are accounted for.

A lot of "talking heads and some here " talk about the bungles & ravens & browns being so much ahead of us but they don't take into their draft positioning as opposed to the STEELERS for the last 10 years. Also the fact we had a HOF franchise QB well worth it salary where-as the others don't /........ yet !!! Lets see how the two sustain in a above average wins vs their 2-5 wins drafting.

There is a reason the division looks to us as their mentor and superbowl twice a year.

Salute the nation
KC's OL was in shambles I do believe. Backs up to backs up were starting through out the line. And it helps that TB's offense was pretty impressive themselves that year also.

KC's OL was in shambles I do believe. Backs up to backs up were starting through out the line. And it helps that TB's offense was pretty impressive themselves that year also.

I hear yaz stillwright but our offense isn't that far off from being pretty good. We have STUD running back, 2- pretty good WRs, a playoff OL, our main hold back is OC who maybe with his 2nd year may become iproved.

Granted our offense needs to improve over last year and I think some parts have been added + a year's experience will help all of them.

On top of that we still have the draft to add a component or two, unless they trade up.

Salute the nation

I hear yaz stillwright but our offense isn't that far off from being pretty good. We have STUD running back, 2- pretty good WRs, a playoff OL, our main hold back is OC who maybe with his 2nd year may become iproved.

Granted our offense needs to improve over last year and I think some parts have been added + a year's experience will help all of them.

On top of that we still have the draft to add a component or two, unless they trade up.

Salute the nation

LOL...Really? I don't know what has you thinking/believing this...maybe you are just being hopeful.

LOL...Really? I don't know what has you thinking/believing this...maybe you are just being hopeful.
He very well may be right. IF and I repeat IF a more mobile QB will fit into Canadas system and the line got seasoning in a trial by fire last year. We may make a decent improvement. Last year it would have been far better had they simply run an offense apropos to the limitations of our QB and been less predictable. I am not 100% sure who to blame for that, Ben or Canada or both. I think we will get that answer very quickly this year. We have to be able to do more real play action and actually carry out the fakes. We have to be able to pass more often and more effectively from a power run formation to keep the defense guessing. We need to use the fullback more and in varies ways to create uncertainty in the defense. We also have to let our O Line do some real downhill blocking consistently. The mindset of trying to keep Ben alive at all costs and passing short so much lead to a less than optimum run blocking philosophy that handicapped the line for the last 2 to 3 years. I expect a lot of growth from KG and Dan Moore, I hope for a resurgence from Dotson and that the new guys will bring stability and leadership. Chuks I am torn on.

I always look to the good. We made the playoffs with a very bad OL w/rookies. O'Canada was a rookie and it showed. I think Claypool steps up as well as Johnson & Najee will be better as well.

All this said, we made the playoffs.

With experience comes betterment (I hope) plus add in the FAs and I bet we are a better offense than last year.

We still have the draft to improve more.

Salute the nation

He very well may be right. IF and I repeat IF a more mobile QB will fit into Canadas system and the line got seasoning in a trial by fire last year. We may make a decent improvement. Last year it would have been far better had they simply run an offense apropos to the limitations of our QB and been less predictable. I am not 100% sure who to blame for that, Ben or Canada or both. I think we will get that answer very quickly this year. We have to be able to do more real play action and actually carry out the fakes. We have to be able to pass more often and more effectively from a power run formation to keep the defense guessing. We need to use the fullback more and in varies ways to create uncertainty in the defense. We also have to let our O Line do some real downhill blocking consistently. The mindset of trying to keep Ben alive at all costs and passing short so much lead to a less than optimum run blocking philosophy that handicapped the line for the last 2 to 3 years. I expect a lot of growth from KG and Dan Moore, I hope for a resurgence from Dotson and that the new guys will bring stability and leadership. Chuks I am torn on.

Very well said and I do realize there are a lot of IFFYs involved. We need just a couple to go our way and we will be vastly improved over last year.

Salute the nation

Yep. He very well could be right. I think we are heavily leaning more toward a "below-average offense" than a "pretty good offense" as DIC stated. If not for all the things you stated in your post. Thanks for helping my argument. Sure everything could click. Every player could grow and get better. Canada could be the greatest of greats as an OC. I am thinking there will be a bunch of growing pains for our offense....but hey. I very well may be wrong.

Salute the nation
We definitely don't have a playoff Oline, only if we draft a stud RT that might be true.

Also zero depth at WR and no true top 10 at the position either. An average #1 and an average #2 in claypool

We definitely don't have a playoff Oline, only if we draft a stud RT that might be true.

Also zero depth at WR and no true top 10 at the position either. An average #1 and an average #2 in claypool
We made the playoffs last year correct? So you are saying our OL is worse than last year's? :D

Yep. He very well could be right. I think we are heavily leaning more toward a "below-average offense" than a "pretty good offense" as DIC stated. If not for all the things you stated in your post. Thanks for helping my argument. Sure everything could click. Every player could grow and get better. Canada could be the greatest of greats as an OC. I am thinking there will be a bunch of growing pains for our offense....but hey. I very well may be wrong.

h there will be growing pains, I just feel we got some of them out of the way last year with Moore and KG. Muth will be ready to go day one this year and Najee will be as well. The biggest issue will be play calling and incorporating the QB. If they do it smartly the offense will be more consistent and defense friendly than the crap we ran the last two years. Imagine how good our defense would look if we had a ball control offense consistently. They would be top 3 or better. Run pass mix with varying depth routes and play action. Get first downs. Take 3 with our best offensive weapon Boz if we don’t pound it into the endzone, break the occasional deep play action TD but eat the clock. We do that and keep TJ fresh, look out. We don’t have to be the greatest show on turf.

Defense will always win championships. That's why I'm so adamant about getting a DL that will take on double and triple teams. Get themselves back in a top 5 rush defense to boot.
100%. We can't stop the run for **** and that includes when Tuitt was active. We need a NT who will eat up holes.

According to Dulac's sources, talks haven't even started - meaning the Steelers are sticking to what they have done in the past and said they would do with Minkah. Talks won't start until after the draft. I think it is a dumb policy but one they stick to.

That offensive line as bad as it was took us to the playoffs last year. I think improvements have been made and a year under the belt of the rookies has to help as well.

How much noise they make is yet to be heard other than the echo of last year's Humph of disapointment from the play off loss.

AND fuckleshazzlefucking cleveland.!

Salute the nation

That offensive line as bad as it was took us to the playoffs last year. I think improvements have been made and a year under the belt of the rookies has to help as well.

How much noise they make is yet to be heard other than the echo of last year's Humph of disapointment from the play off loss.

AND fuckleshazzlefucking cleveland.!

Salute the nation
Big Ben with that Oline took us to the playoffs with the fastest throw/release in the NFL

Last edited:
He very well may be right. IF and I repeat IF a more mobile QB will fit into Canadas system and the line got seasoning in a trial by fire last year. We may make a decent improvement. Last year it would have been far better had they simply run an offense apropos to the limitations of our QB and been less predictable. I am not 100% sure who to blame for that, Ben or Canada or both. I think we will get that answer very quickly this year.

The first time I see the offense run two shallow crossing patterns on 3rd and 8 and keep Freiermuth in to block, I am killing somebody.

The first time I see the offense run two shallow crossing patterns on 3rd and 8 and keep Freiermuth in to block, I am killing somebody.
Hide the pets

h there will be growing pains, I just feel we got some of them out of the way last year with Moore and KG. Muth will be ready to go day one this year and Najee will be as well. The biggest issue will be play calling and incorporating the QB. If they do it smartly the offense will be more consistent and defense friendly than the crap we ran the last two years. Imagine how good our defense would look if we had a ball control offense consistently. They would be top 3 or better. Run pass mix with varying depth routes and play action. Get first downs. Take 3 with our best offensive weapon Boz if we don’t pound it into the endzone, break the occasional deep play action TD but eat the clock. We do that and keep TJ fresh, look out. We don’t have to be the greatest show on turf.
Yep. A bunch of wishing and hoping. Heck. Every year I wish and hope we have the best in everything. Usually though my wishes and hopes fall short, but hey....this year they might actually show fruit.

Yep. A bunch of wishing and hoping. Heck. Every year I wish and hope we have the best in everything. Usually though my wishes and hopes fall short, but hey....this year they might actually show fruit.
Isn't that what the offseason is for? Either that or bitching and whining. Depends on your outlook. At least we made some real moves this year and change is here like it or not.

Isn't that what the offseason is for? Either that or bitching and whining. Depends on your outlook. At least we made some real moves this year and change is here like it or not.
I totally agree. We made moves I wished we would have made last year. Why they brought Ben back for that **** show is mind-boggling. Anyways. Our OL seems to have taken a step forward. We still have questions there, at QB, at WR also. We can use a backup RB and a few TE's. then to defense.....We have more than a few holes there also. Maybe our draft will fix it all. Hopefully, Tomlin decides to leave his fingers out of the defense. That would be the single biggest upgrade in my opinion. Either way, I see some growing pain on both sides of the ball. I see us going .500 give or take a game or two either way. On par with the rest of the league. Exactly what Roger wants.

Don't forget #88. He's a beast in the making.

My glass is half full.

A lot of factors will have credence in the season outcome but we have definately improved the team over last year with the exception of QB play which will soon be determined once season starts.

We still have the draft and probably one more significant FA move yet to happen.

Salute the nation

According to Dulac's sources, talks haven't even started - meaning the Steelers are sticking to what they have done in the past and said they would do with Minkah. Talks won't start until after the draft. I think it is a dumb policy but one they stick to.

What about Aditi claiming we are close ?

Things have changed in her reporting world.

Salute the nation