• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our guy thinks it’s the greatest play in Super Bowl history………………..

So many great plays. My opinion is Harrison #1, Holmes 2nd.

Man if there was a list of the top 10 greatest plays in SB history, the Steelers might make the top 8.
Swann's acrobatic catch mid-field vs the Cowboys.
Willie Parkers run.
Stallworths catch for a TD vs the Rams
The flea flicker from Randal El to Hines for a TD
Swann's TD catch that sealed the deal vs the Cowboys...the celebration that ensued often played on NFL promo ads.

Well there's 7
At the end of the video from the endzone you can appreciate how high Swann flew to snag that ball.

Last edited:
i've always been partial to this one

What’s so fantastic about that catch is Brad dropped that pass in the bucket, over Stallworth’s shoulder while IN STRIDE. The real TB12 gets a bad rap sometimes, but man was he so clutch.

What’s so fantastic about that catch is Brad dropped that pass in the bucket, over Stallworth’s shoulder while IN STRIDE. The real TB12 gets a bad rap sometimes, but man was he so clutch.

Terry shined on the biggest stage, and didn't have to cheat to get there.

Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, two of the greatest ever in the big game.

Don't take anything away from Ben Roethlisberger for one of the career best.

Salute the nation

Terry shined on the biggest stage, and didn't have to cheat to get there.

Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, two of the greatest ever in the big game.

Don't take anything away from Ben Roethlisberger for one of the career best.

Salute the nation
That's why TB gets the nod over Big Ben for best QB in Steeler history....no brainer to me.

Super Bowl Rings Matter.

That's why TB gets the nod over Big Ben for best QB in Steeler history....no brainer to me.

Super Bowl Rings Matter.
Yes they do, but I refrain from comparing guys from different era's. TB played in much more run/Defensive era but you can't argue his deep ball and WR's weren't epic. No crazy salary or cap and no FA. Teams kept their draft picks as long as they wanted. Ben played in FA era where less team continuity, crazy salaries demands (and cap) and very different rules. So, I just settle on I enjoyed the heck out of both and they both belong in Canton (and will be when BR is eligible).

Yes they do, but I refrain from comparing guys from different era's. TB played in much more run/Defensive era but you can't argue his deep ball and WR's weren't epic. No crazy salary or cap and no FA. Teams kept their draft picks as long as they wanted. Ben played in FA era where less team continuity, crazy salaries demands (and cap) and very different rules. So, I just settle on I enjoyed the heck out of both and they both belong in Canton (and will be when BR is eligible).
I hear ya Poobah...era's change...but making plays in the biggest moments of the biggest games do not...

And Brad out shines Ben in that regard IMO..

That is a very strong note, I try not to compare different ERA players as well.

I do however think BEN could have played in Terry’s era, but not so sure Terry could have played in Ben’s era.

Both were tough S.O.B.s

Just my opinion on the two different era’s

Salute the nation

That is a very strong note, I try not to compare different ERA players as well.

I do however think BEN could have played in Terry’s era, but not so sure Terry could have played in Ben’s era.

Both were tough S.O.B.s

Just my opinion on the two different era’s

Salute the nation
DIC---not aligned with that at all..

Terry would be even better statistically in Ben's era....
He would absolutely excel in the modern passing era of the league!

And he would be able to do something Ben never did....Win a NFL MVP or two..as well as Rings...of course!

DIC---not aligned with that at all..

Terry would be even better statistically in Ben's era....
He would absolutely excel in the modern passing era of the league!

And he would be able to do something Ben never did....Win a NFL MVP or two..as well as Rings...of course!

That’s why I really don’t like comparing era/s of players. We both know it’s speculation, so I just try to stay away from it.

Salute the nation

PS

I can’t think of a single team even close to the “BIG” play of the Super Bowl, as the Steelers total.

Even the vaunted cheating as-holes, don’t come close.

Salute the nation