• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OVER 35% of the country is on welfare.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well the mob keeps voting for polls to put in policies that drive away jobs. Its the price we pay for subsidizing sloth and failure.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
"CNSNews.com was founded by L. Brent Bozell III on June 16, 1998, under the name Conservative News Service and the domain name conservativenews.org.[3] According to Bozell, the website would "report news ...not touched by traditional television news outlets" and "fill the growing news void left by the establishment media in their chase for the sensational."

"Bozell has been accused of making racially insensitive statements: on December 22, 2011, he appeared on Fox News and stated that President Barack Obama looks like a "skinny ghetto crackhead," reacting to MSNBC's Chris Matthews's assertions that Newt Gingrich "looks like a car bomber" with "no media backlash."

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that's exactly what the Government wants.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
"CNSNews.com was founded by L. Brent Bozell III on June 16, 1998, under the name Conservative News Service and the domain name conservativenews.org.[3] According to Bozell, the website would "report news ...not touched by traditional television news outlets" and "fill the growing news void left by the establishment media in their chase for the sensational."

"Bozell has been accused of making racially insensitive statements: on December 22, 2011, he appeared on Fox News and stated that President Barack Obama looks like a "skinny ghetto crackhead," reacting to MSNBC's Chris Matthews's assertions that Newt Gingrich "looks like a car bomber" with "no media backlash."

And?

Can you dispute the facts of the stories that CNSN reports?

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score

And?

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
And?

cred·i·bil·i·ty
ˌkredəˈbilitē/
noun
noun: credibility

the quality of being trusted and believed in.
synonyms: trustworthiness, reliability, dependability, integrity; More
reputation, status
"does he possess the moral credibility the party is looking for?"
the quality of being convincing or believable.
"the book's anecdotes have scant regard for credibility"
synonyms: plausibility, believability, tenability, probability, feasibility, likelihood, credence; More
authority, cogency
"the whole tale lacks credibility"
another term for street credibility.

ark steel

Reaction score
cred·i·bil·i·ty
ˌkredəˈbilitē/
noun

"the government's loss of credibility"
reputation, status
synonyms: plausibility, believability, tenability, probability, feasibility, likelihood, credence; More
authority, cogency

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally. The question is, do you find fault with the facts of the story as presented? Yes or no.

I don't know if they are true or not. I don't care. I know the economy is in the ******* even if the story isn't true.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
cred·i·bil·i·ty
ˌkredəˈbilitē/
noun

reputation, status
authority, cogency

Has never been caught misrepresenting a story or flat out lying about a story.

What about the big three MSM? All three caught actually manufacturing false news stories. What about their credibility?

NBC: Chevrolet/GMC truck gas tank fires

ABC: Supermarket cleanliness story

CBS: George W. Bush Awol/Desertion story

Those you overlook because they don't fit your template or what?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally. The question is, do you find fault with the facts of the story as presented? Yes or no.

I don't know if they are true or not. I don't care. I know the economy is in the ******* even if the story isn't true.

you racist *******.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score

It could most certainly be accurate- and I actually wouldnt be surprised if its not.

I am sure welfare spending has jumped since Obama has been in office... But the more appropriate ratio to evaluate, Expenditure/GDP, has remained at its historic average.

The thing is, when you read any bias (conservative or liberal) website they can paint any picture with some shocking headlines.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score

What about the big three MSM? All three caught actually manufacturing false news stories. What about their credibility?

The fact that you are comparing a WEBSITE that clearly states that it has a bias, to reputable news organizations, is astonishing.

The mere virtue of ABC/CBS/NBC having public shareholders requires them to be more diligent in reporting the facts- Fox included. Who knows what crazed lunatics are are funding CSN or the Progressive.org...

But you overlook who is funding that website because it fits your template?

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

These stats contradict him, he would need to provide details. This says 4% of population receives welfare and
the majority of those are using food stamps. A total of 132 billion is spent on welfare which would be approx.
18% of the pentagon budget and approx. 4% of the overall federal budget.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score

These stats contradict him, he would need to provide details. This says 4% of population receives welfare and
the majority of those are using food stamps. A total of 132 billion is spent on welfare which would be approx.

Or not even enough to buy 1 F-35. Forget about maintenance.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score

I actually remember the GM gas tank story from the 1980's. There is no doubt that GM rather than re-tool to modify the design flaw in those pickups instead let the number crunchers figure out the frequency of deadly crashes, what the average lawsuit payout would be over the life of that series, what their profits would be over the production life of that series, and decided that it would be cheaper to payout than to re-tool. What good corporate neighbors huh?

I have a feeling that the ignition switch problem we are hearing about in GM vehicles lately might be the same scenario, of course if any of the same people are still there in corporate they've probably figured out how to CYA this time around.

De Ja Vu all over again.

ark steel

Reaction score
The fact that you are comparing a WEBSITE that clearly states that it has a bias, to reputable news organizations, is astonishing.

The mere virtue of ABC/CBS/NBC having public shareholders requires them to be more diligent in reporting the facts- Fox included. Who knows what crazed lunatics are are funding CSN or the Progressive.org...

"Reputable"? Really?!

ark steel

Reaction score

4% seems low even in good economic times. But I ain't going to.do any research to find out.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score

Do you know who actually owns these networks? Individual stockholders have NO influence.
http://www.neatorama.com/2008/07/07/who-owns-what-on-television/#!bGY7Nu

ABC's chief economic correspondent Bianna Golodryga married Peter R. Orszag, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget for the Obama Administration. ABC's morning anchor is George Stephanopoulos was White House Communications Director then Senior Advisor for Policy and Strategy for Clinton. Yeah, no bias there.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score

The figure is actually $212Billion. Check your facts.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually remember the GM gas tank story from the 1980's. There is no doubt that GM rather than re-tool to modify the design flaw in those pickups instead let the number crunchers figure out the frequency of deadly crashes, what the average lawsuit payout would be over the life of that series, what their profits would be over the production life of that series, and decided that it would be cheaper to payout than to re-tool. What good corporate neighbors huh?

I have a feeling that the ignition switch problem we are hearing about in GM vehicles lately might be the same scenario, of course if any of the same people are still there in corporate they've probably figured out how to CYA this time around.

De Ja Vu all over again.

You mean the ones that NBC Dateline could not duplicate so they rigged the trucks with model rocket engines to start the trucks on fire? The ones that got NBC sued and the subsequently lost in court over?

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
You mean the ones that NBC Dateline could not duplicate so they rigged the trucks with model rocket engines to start the trucks on fire? The ones that got NBC sued and the subsequently lost in court over?

Yes GM didn't want that footage out there and Dateline had a 'deadline' . They should have included a disclaimer, you have to understand it would take many pickups and the right impact to set one off. Still it was dishonest but that doesn't change GM'S own internal documents that show : A. They knew those pickups would explode at times and B. they conspired to protect their profits. I read it would have cost them between $300 million and $1 billion if they had been recalled.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Yes GM didn't want that footage out there and Dateline had a 'deadline' . They should have included a disclaimer, you have to understand it would take many pickups and the right impact to set one off. Still it was dishonest but that doesn't change GM'S own internal documents that show : A. They knew those pickups would explode at times and B. they conspired to protect their profits. I read it would have cost them between $300 million and $1 billion if they had been recalled.

51.4 million is alot less than 300 million to 1 billion, again what a fine corporate neighbor.

People are still dying in them today.

http://www.fairwarning.org/2010/03/old-trucks-leave-fiery-legacy-smoldering-anger/

GM-truck-fire-e1269306379801.jpg

Firefighters respond to a fiery collision involving a side-saddle pickup in Portland, Ore., in August 2003. The truck ran a stop sign and was struck by the car, puncturing the truck's fuel tank and setting off a fireball and loud explosions. A 59-year-old passenger in the car suffered third-degree burns but survived. (Photo courtesy of Johnson, Clifton, Larson & Schaller)

Fifteen years ago, a probe by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, part of the Department of Transportation, found the risk of burning to death in side-impact crashes was much higher in the GM trucks than in rival full-size pickups. But under intense pressure from GM and its congressional allies, transportation officials blinked, announcing a settlement in December 1994 that left millions of the trucks on the road. In exchange, GM agreed to pay $51.4 million for safety programs that transportation officials said would save many lives.

Stewey

Reaction score
51.4 million is alot less than 300 million to 1 billion, again what a fine corporate neighbor.

People are still dying in them today.

http://www.fairwarning.org/2010/03/old-trucks-leave-fiery-legacy-smoldering-anger/

GM-truck-fire-e1269306379801.jpg

Firefighters respond to a fiery collision involving a side-saddle pickup in Portland, Ore., in August 2003. The truck ran a stop sign and was struck by the car, puncturing the truck's fuel tank and setting off a fireball and loud explosions. A 59-year-old passenger in the car suffered third-degree burns but survived. (Photo courtesy of Johnson, Clifton, Larson & Schaller)

Fifteen years ago, a probe by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, part of the Department of Transportation, found the risk of burning to death in side-impact crashes was much higher in the GM trucks than in rival full-size pickups. But under intense pressure from GM and its congressional allies, transportation officials blinked, announcing a settlement in December 1994 that left millions of the trucks on the road. In exchange, GM agreed to pay $51.4 million for safety programs that transportation officials said would save many lives.

Redneck white Christians drive pickups....isn't that what you people want?

Thought I'd do a polo..

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
NBC faked it but being a car guy myself, back in the day I looked at those trucks and thought that was not a good place to put a gas tank. But then I'm a Ford man anyway. Friends don't let friends drive Chevys.

I don't believe that 35% of the country is on welfare but it's probably true that 35% of the country receives government assistance of some sort. The largest employer in my county is Social Security checks. Second oldest county in average age after Miami-Dade and highest percentage of retired residents of any county in the U.S.

Last edited: