• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Panning for gold, but not all nuggets are found......

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the 49'ers are a very good team, but definitely have a nugget or two worth of issue.

1) LT Trent Williams hasn't showed up for ANY team activities this year, even knowing the fines he is accruing.

2) His next three season contract is 20 / 22 / 32 million but no guaranteed money.

3) He has made last three 1st team all pro, 11 of the twelve pro-bowl selection (the one he missed he sat out season battling cancer)

4) projected 39 million over cap & Aiuyk / Williams, neither signed yet.

Good read and it also shows that "cap" can catch yaz in a hurry.

Salute the nation

Maybe they haven’t dealt Aiyuk because they’re pessimistic about Williams?

I think Lynch is trying to sign one of the two, the one he doesn’t he will trade or fine. Signing both will be difficult with Lambs contract. They have to sign Purdy regardless.

I think Lynch is trying to sign one of the two, the one he doesn’t he will trade or fine. Signing both will be difficult with Lambs contract. They have to sign Purdy regardless.

I think you are spot on as money is the common denominator between the two, thanks for the insight Ike.

Appears to be pretty hard to afford both of them with the MONSTER contract looming for Purdy.

I’m also glad to see hold outs having to pay a league fine, mandated by the league and CBA they all agreed to. Takes the finger pointing out of the Franchise and the player.

Salute the nation