• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Panthers at Broncos

Vis

Reaction score
Denver +3.5

71% of CBS Sports players are taking Carolina. Am I crazy for thinking Denver's D will keep Cam as confused as they did in the SB? I took Denver with the points.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the matchup will be Denver's running game vs Carolina's run D. I don't see QB play winning this game for Denver. They need exceptional defense and probably 2 turnovers to win this game. Though I personally see Carolina winning this game since they match up well to Denver's offensive strengths.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I will take Carolina. I don't think Denver even has a QB.

Vis

Reaction score
I will take Carolina. I don't think Denver even has a QB.

In the SB, Manning had a qbr of 56.6 and threw for 141 yards. He had an INT and no TDs. QB is not why they won. The D held Carolina to 10 points. Is Carolina's O better? I doubt it. Is Denver's D worse? I doubt it. Meanwhile, Carolina's D has lost people.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
In the SB, Manning had a qbr of 56.6 and threw for 141 yards. He had an INT and no TDs. QB is not why they won. The D held Carolina to 10 points. Is Carolina's O better? I doubt it. Is Denver's D worse? I doubt it. Meanwhile, Carolina's D has lost people.

Well, yea.

They get their #1 WR back.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think people are over thinking the loss of Manning. Trevor Siemian only has to manage the game and throw a few deep balls to Thomas to keep the defense honest. I feel Anderson and Booker touch the ball 40 times and the Donkeys Defense eats that Panthers O-line for lunch. 21-17 Denver.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Elway is either going to look really smart or extraordinarily dumb after tonight.

The Denver D is great, but they were on a huge tear last year and had all the confidence in the world. Now they've got the ring and the accolades - do they still have the hunger? What will Von Miller show after a long holdout and a general disassociation from the front office for such an extended time?

The Denver Offense has been literally handed to a novice. While Manning was clearly fading, he was at the very least adept at reading a defense and was able to avoid costly mistakes. Now the Broncos are throwing their fortunes to the winds with a player who literally has no active game experience, merely 1 passive game snap.

On the other hand, Carolina in my opinion was always over-hyped. Newton, while a great running QB was still, a big huge running QB. He's Steve McNair on HGH. A tremendous athlete, sure. He's even a relatively accurate passer. But he' not single-handedly going to make that difference in the game against you. Not at the end of the day. Denver showed us that last year. Newton needs help. If he gets it, the Panthers can certainly be strong contenders but I seriously doubt we'll see the kind of dominant season from them we saw last year. I rather liken them to the Chiefs, for whom everything simply broke right pretty much every week. Sure - the Chiefs were a good team, even a great team, but ultimately did anyone REALLY believe the Chief were a dominant team that was going to go all the way or was everyone mildly shocked at the Chiefs amazing run of victories?

No, This will be an interesting game. I'm not sure who to expect to win, but at the end of the day I always fall back on the old adage "defense wins". So I expect the Broncos along with Von Miller to come out on top of this one but I imagine it won't be all that pretty.

Spike

Reaction score
RUN RUN RUN RUN the ball Denver!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Carolina with the backhand slap. **** Denver

Steelmann

Reaction score
I always hope for the nfc team against a afc playoff team during the regular season. And ever since that Tebow disaster I agree withe Hines 57. **** Denver!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Based on his play in the super bowl " Superman " has a lot to prove in the re-match.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Based on his play in the super bowl " Superman " has a lot to prove in the re-match.

Coach you have a misspelled word might want to edit that

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
P

POP

Cam his his big WR back. They will be better.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol I know three people who will have it looked on..

I think Carolina fingerbangs em.

Just A Fan

Reaction score
not sure if its NBC's or the NFL's doing, but whats with all this song and dance bullshit

ark steel

Reaction score
**** Marshal with Colins dick

C

Clete

Same ole Cam, stupid , arrogant and can't read a defense. Nice punk move intentionally bumping into Ward.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Same ole Cam, stupid , arrogant and can't read a defense. Nice punk move intentionally bumping into Ward.

you-mad-o.gif

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Great to see Marshall get knocked out by a guy named Fozzy, POS.

I'll get down on a knee for him.............

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I screwed up the rushing yards in the roster contest, I was thinking of the Steelers game and how much our D would give up.
Crap