• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Paul Ryan likely to be re-elected as speaker today - yuck

That guy sucks but Trump will slap him into shape. He's a puss.

Ryan is a RINO. We need another Gingrich type as speaker.

I don't like the ethics changes they are sort of "under the radar" trying to push through either.

Trump better pull the curtain back on this corrupt bunch. I don't trust congress as far as I can throw them.

I don't like the ethics changes they are sort of "under the radar" trying to push through either.

"House drops plan to rein in ethics panel."

Trump better pull the curtain back on this corrupt bunch. I don't trust congress as far as I can throw them.

TRUMP BLASTS IDIOT GOP LEADERS!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it may be...

...their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

---------------------

Trump Takes Aim At House Republicans, And They Run For Cover

The Trump effect has landed forcefully on Capitol Hill.

Less than two hours after President-elect Donald Trump criticized House Republicans — in a tweet, of course — for trying to gut an ethics investigative unit on the first day of business in the new Congress, those plans lay in shambles in the Republican conference’s meeting room.

The immediate outcome was to keep intact the independent Office of Congressional Ethics

There was a broader outcome, too: The unruly Republican caucus that has wreaked havoc in the House for the entirety of Ryan’s tenure fell in line. And there were signs, judging from Tuesday’s drama, that they might continue doing so this year.

But lurking behind it all was the prospect that Trump’s political power, now aimed at Capitol Hill, can instill fear and force action. By aiming his social-media fire hose on fellow Republicans

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.3f16e833ab68

--------------------

House GOP capitulation to Trump ethics tweet is a really big deal

President-elect Trump has won another victory before even taking office. This time, it wasn’t Ford, Carrier, or some other corporation forced to capitulate in the wake of a tweet, it was the majority of the House of Representatives. Put simply, Trump has demonstrated the he is in charge, and the House majority caucus had better get used to following his lead.

"A Trump tweet was sufficient to generate thousands off outraged calls to members’ offices, an avalanche so potent that no politician would dare ignore it. In short order, like burglars caught in a powerful searchlight, they scuttled the plan and hoped that the whole thing would go away."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._big_deal.html

Yep... it was exactly what our President to do.

Keep embarrassing these dicks in congress when they don't do their job. He should tweet it out every ******* time they try to do this late night sessions and jackass laws that protect themselves and have pork for their states/districts.

Reactions: JMM
The Ryan and Trump relationship will be interesting.

I think we could have done better than Ryan, but I also think Trump doesn't need him as much with the majority in both houses and a very strong cabinet.