• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Yay! No overtime nail biter tonight.

Was starting to get used to the OT. Great to see the Pens 1 back of the Caps. Hope they keep it going. It will be an interesting couple of games against Boston. What the hell are they going to do to try and wake up Malkin? Healthy scratch for a few games?

We gave up less than 3 goals and got the W. Nice to see Jake getting back to form as well. I don't know what the issue is with Malkin. I think it may be time for him to move on since half *** doesn't help the team .

Was starting to get used to the OT. Great to see the Pens 1 back of the Caps. Hope they keep it going. It will be an interesting couple of games against Boston. What the hell are they going to do to try and wake up Malkin? Healthy scratch for a few games?

Pull Sid out of the lineup? :uglyhammer: That's about the only time he steps up his game....

He pisses you off so bad it gets to be an obession watching him on the ice all the time. The Mrs. ask me why are you always yelling at that Geno guy? lol.

Turns the puck over, Harlem globe trotter passes to nobody...Then the other night when he finally scored no excitement...

I think he wants out of Pittsburgh honestly.

I been trying to get back into watching penguin hockey. It's hard. Many old names,. But aside from guentzel, I haven't seen much to get excited about. Maybe reading here and talking to you guys will help. I live alone, and not in Pittsburgh.

Four in a row. The only real issues I have with this team is that they still have issues on the back end, and secondary scoring seems to be outpacing the top two lines.

If I’m GMJR, I look to move Malkin, Letang and Zucker. Malkin and Letang’s issues are well documented, so I’m not going to rehash it here. Zucker on the other hand.....guy is soft. Soft on the puck, soft in his stick work and not really physical or fast. I’m not sure what he offers this team at this point. He is like Brassard 2.0, except he didn’t destroy the chemistry of the team. He’s just a guy. ZAR plays with more fire.

There was a distinct difference in Rust's play as soon as he moved up a line! Malkin is bringing the line down. Malkin and Letang are turnover uninspired machines. Neither should be wearing the A. Should be Dumo and Jake. I would like to see 71 moved anywhere and 58 drop down to 2nd or 3rd pairing. Move Marino up with Dumo. You can tell the team is starting to practice and I have seen adjustments (look at Mike Tomlin, it can be done in Burgh) already on both PP and PK. The lines are playing better together and the injuries are killing D. I like so far what I see from Joseph for a young cat!

In my house to ALL they are known as "The Lazy Russian" and "Turnover Tanger" . Used to have "Fat Phil". Just cause they wear B&G does not mean I need to like them!

Four in a row. The only real issues I have with this team is that they still have issues on the back end, and secondary scoring seems to be outpacing the top two lines.

If I’m GMJR, I look to move Malkin, Letang and Zucker. Malkin and Letang’s issues are well documented, so I’m not going to rehash it here. Zucker on the other hand.....guy is soft. Soft on the puck, soft in his stick work and not really physical or fast. I’m not sure what he offers this team at this point. He is like Brassard 2.0, except he didn’t destroy the chemistry of the team. He’s just a guy. ZAR plays with more fire.

Sometimes, I forget Zucker is on the team. Malkin and Letang may need a change of scenery. Thank you for mentioning the Globetrotter passes because I thought it was just me that it annoys. He constantly tries to take on the whole team for a highlight goal and he fails 95% out of 100 times. Letang just has no jump and like Malkin, turns the puck over too much.
I like that Rangers team. They are fast, young and are going to be scary good in a year or two. No real superstars on that team. The Pens may need to look at that model and start building.

I been trying to get back into watching penguin hockey. It's hard. Many old names,. But aside from guentzel, I haven't seen much to get excited about. Maybe reading here and talking to you guys will help. I live alone, and not in Pittsburgh.

You're kidding, right? Tanev is very exciting. Kapenin looks to be worth investing in. Jankowski and Joseph are bringing passion and opportunity. The third line has been the best on until this last week.

You're kidding, right? Tanev is very exciting. Kapenin looks to be worth investing in. Jankowski and Joseph are bringing passion and opportunity. The third line has been the best on until this last week.

Jankowski is standing out.
Joseph needs to be a full time Pen. I don’t want this going to WBS when the ahl opens up

No nail biter tonight, either. Dang I hate the Bs. We're just getting out played on all facets. Sucks.

Somehow the Pens are only down by 1.

We're playing a good game. They are playing one too. They are also getting more puck luck, imo.

On another note, our pp sucks tonight.

Reactions: JMM
Pens lost that game because they got stupid pass happy on a 3-0 in overtime. Malkin and Letang. Color me stunned.

Pens lost that game because they got stupid pass happy on a 3-0 in overtime. Malkin and Letang. Color me stunned.

That, and Geno missed his break away. He's snakebit. We gave that game away. Thank God for the one point.