• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pentagon orders military families out of Turkey due to ISIS threat

Spike

Reaction score
Trump is right again - time to re-think NATO

U.S. military dependents ordered to leave Turkey

635948540800437402-AP-Turkey-Saudi-Syria.jpg

The Defense Department on Tuesday ordered the evacuation of hundreds of military and civilian dependents from Turkey, including Incirlik Air Base, due to increased concerns about security.

The order applies to nearly 700 spouses and children at Incirlik as well as small populations in the areas of Ismir and Mugla, defense officials said.

The order is the latest sign of heightened concern about security for Americans in Turkey, particularly the area along the Syrian border where Incirlik is located.

“We understand this is disruptive to our military families, but we must keep them safe and ensure the combat effectiveness of our forces to support our strong ally Turkey in the fight against terrorism," Air Force Gen. Philip M. Breedlove, commander of U.S. European Command, said in a statement issued with the announcement Tuesday.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...ary-dependents-ordered-leave-turkey/82377984/

-------------------------------------

Thanks Tibs

I was supposed to go to Istanbul last fall for business. That **** went South quick. It's not going to happen anytime soon. I have kids. Maybe when ISIS-loving Obama is out of office and President Trump has used nukes...then I'll go.

I'll have to see if I know anybody still there - maybe they can ship me some lovely Persian rugs home in whole baggage...they should get a huge weight allowance

Why in the hell would anyone want to live in that shithole anyway???

Why in the hell would anyone want to live in that shithole anyway???

You think spouses and kids are disposable?

Accompanied overseas tours are at least two years.

You get sent where your orders say. It's not like civilians that can always pick and choose where they live. Military families live all over the world.

You think spouses and kids are disposable?

Accompanied overseas tours are at least two years.

You get sent where your orders say. It's not like civilians that can always pick and choose where they live. Military families live all over the world.

Yeah I know....but you also have the option NOT to take your families. I was just commenting on what a shithole country that is...and if that had EVER been an option for us (when we were still married), he'd be on his own.

Yeah I know....but you also have the option NOT to take your families. I was just commenting on what a shithole country that is...and if that had EVER been an option for us (when we were still married), he'd be on his own.

Incirlik is pretty nice actually, you're living on-base with schools, daycare, hospitals, all the comforts of home - no worse than Germany or Italy - still the same language barriers and they didn't like Americans much either. Some people like to see the world.

AFD-110928-085.jpg

http://www.housing.af.mil/incirlik/

Incirlik is pretty nice actually, you're living on-base with schools, daycare, hospitals, all the comforts of home - no worse than Germany or Italy - still the same language barriers and they didn't like Americans much either. Some people like to see the world.

AFD-110928-085.jpg

http://www.housing.af.mil/incirlik/

My overseas tour didn't have me leave the good old USA and I am OK with that.

Lyn Palin, is that you?

I had a friend living in Italy that lived off base in big house with a wine cellar with a little stream running through it and all marble floors walls porches decks, everything - that I visited a couple of times. His only problem was the Gypsies left their gang signs on the walls around the place. He said they were targeting them to steal stuff or something - but he never had any problem with them. This was near Aviano AB, Pordenone, in a valley with a view of the Alps.

I stayed for month above a little restaurant and walked to base everyday - a great place to visit

My overseas tour didn't have me leave the good old USA and I am OK with that.

I never was stationed here and I loved it.

OK - I lied, I was in Alaska for 3 years and Mountain Home Idaho for almost 10 - but that's like a foreign country. With cowgirls.

I never was stationed here and I loved it.

OK - I lied, I was in Alaska for 3 years and Mountain Home Idaho for almost 10 - but that's like a foreign country. With cowgirls.

Yeah, I have to agree that AK is like a foreign country. A remote foreign country. With moose, mountains, bears, and snow.

My niece was born in Italy at Aviano AFB. Has dual citizenship although she has no interest in going back to Italy.

My niece was born in Italy at Aviano AFB. Has dual citizenship although she has no interest in going back to Italy.

Aviano was awesome - you could hop on a train and be in Venice in 2 hours for around $8

Like I said in another thread, this is all a lie. Turkey is a long time NATO ally. There is no way this happens in a NATO country. NATO is great and effective and key to our foreign policy.

Aviano was awesome - you could hop on a train and be in Venice in 2 hours for around $8

My brother-in-law hated it and never left the base, but he's kind of a strange dude.

Italy was one of my better tours. Spent 3 years at Aviano, loved every minute of it. Lived in Cordenons (town next to Pordenone) Friuli region. Also did two years at Ghedi AB, lived in Desenzano right on Lake Garda, Lombardi region.

holy ****, the MUNSS site?

I was at Araxos, Greece, PRP and all that

shhhhhhhh
Your military talk is making me feel unsafe. Please stop, or I will have to report you to the President.