• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

perspective

Watched the game last night with my 76-year-old dad, and my 15-year-old son. In the not-too-distant past, I'd be really bummed out about a Steelers' loss like that, but now it's more about enjoying the time spent with three generations of family. We had a good time together in spite of the outcome of the game, and that's what is most important to me these days. Pops won't be around forever.
Same. Had my parents over. We had pizza. Doesn’t mean much in the whole entirety of things but holy **** did watching my boys play cards with my mom hit the feels

If I had Grandkids, they would be asking, "Grammy, why does Pappy cuss and throw things at the TV every weekend? :LOL:

And Grammy would say, "kids that's because Pappy want's the Steelers to be serious contenders again......"

"Someday you will understand...." :ROFLMAO:
Why you throwing things at the tv to begin with?
Tv’s are expensive af

Still raises the question. Why would someone throw stuff at a tv?

tenor.gif

I think Art II has been more than patient with Tomlin, a little to patient, but the fact he didn't extend him this offseason is telling IMO, now I hear there are tickets available for this coming Saturday home game vs division rival Cincy for like 79 dollars. I realize that's the secondary market and the tickets were already purchased at face value, but there's going to be empty seats, the demand isn't there for tickets. I think Art has waited to long, but I have to believe he's hearing and seeing everything that's going on. I was 12 when Noll retired, but I don't remember if this was similar, if Dan was giving Noll every benefit of the doubt before moving on?

I believe most of issues for Steelers ar of an DC coordinators.
Seems injuries always sets us back especially now on the defense.
As far as OC I’d like to see Jon Gruden or possibly Leftwich anyone have any thoughts?
I’d like Gruden as HC and Lefty as OC.

Still raises the question. Why would someone throw stuff at a tv?
Hey, I agree with you, it's dumb either way

Reactions: MTC
I think Art II has been more than patient with Tomlin, a little to patient, but the fact he didn't extend him this offseason is telling IMO, now I hear there are tickets available for this coming Saturday home game vs division rival Cincy for like 79 dollars. I realize that's the secondary market and the tickets were already purchased at face value, but there's going to be empty seats, the demand isn't there for tickets. I think Art has waited to long, but I have to believe he's hearing and seeing everything that's going on. I was 12 when Noll retired, but I don't remember if this was similar, if Dan was giving Noll every benefit of the doubt before moving on?
Around 89 or 90 Dan told Chuck to hire a new coaching staff. Chuck didn’t want to but he blinked first. That’s how we got Joe Walton as OC and Chuck retired not long after.

Mrs. Fan and I facetime with our only grand child - a girl - every Sunday evening. Saturday we go there and stay for eight days. Can't wait. She's going to become my whole world. I can see it.

We are discussing getting land and living on the same homestead together. It would be amazing.

For me it comes down to this, it's tough to get the emotional juices flowing for something you have absolutely no expectations of.
Well, that and a level of maturity that comes with each passing year. While it is just a game, the Steelers are the heart beat of Pittsburgh and
I would hope that Mr. Rooney understands that and does what's necessary to restore this team.

Will the seats be empty or will they be occupied by Bengals fans? Should be interesting to see.

Bengals fans. Mark it down.
I wouldn't condemn any ticket holder that chose to sell their seats and pay for Christmas for their family and friends in the process.
Loyalty works both ways and recently the Steeler organization hasn't been upholding their end of the bargain.

I remember when the plasma TV's came out and a 48" was thousands. Bought my 75" smart TV a couple years ago for like 700 bucks. Still won't throw **** at it though. lol
I remember watching Steelers games with my dad in the 90's on a little 13" black-and-white tv with rabbit ears, trying to pick up snowy reception on WGAL Channel 8 because they weren't televised locally. Now I'm pondering an upgrade to an 80" 4K TV from my current 65" Sony. My how times have changed.