• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pittsburgh “has a plan” for their future QB

I REALLY don't like the QB class for this coming draft. One or two may round out to be reliable NFL starters, but most have project and career backup written all over them. No, thank you!

Yep. Agree 100%. This draft is the 2010 QB draft - mediocre and garbage guys. Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen. No. Just ... no.

If the Steelers wanted to plan ahead for QB, they should have spent one of their 2021 picks on the position since that draft was loaded at QB. Now the team needs to wait for 2023.

It's what I would do. Not because I think highly of Rudolph and Haskins (even though he is a FA). But I just don't want to pull off some half *** trade for an aging star like Wilson costing multiple first rounds and a ton of cap space on extending his contract. I'd rather see what they have and if it sucks then draft high in '23 which must be a better class.
Hard to say who is going to shine at QB in college football. All this transfer portal stuff is putting a lot of players through different systems.

They will have their eye on one or two QBs in the draft and if they fall to them, they likely take him, otherwise they bring in a vet to compete with Rudolph/Haskins.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
LOL, hearing Rudolph and Haskins will battle for the QB job and that he's confident in Canada feels like we've all been punched in the mouth already and the season is 8 months away.

I don't take stock in an Ian report.

It's amazing how many of the "talking" head hacks are out there. I Think about how I took many of them seriously 5-8 years ago but now it's all JUST entertainment, nothing more or nothing less.

It's also more entertainent when most of these guys just re-state what's already been stated. Unless it's a "ground breaking report" and even then the urgancy is never covered by relyable sources, just someone close to or high level inside the organization.

TV announcers are NOT immune to "talking head syndrone" either. Have you ever listened to Joe Buck, phill sims, or any of the other many a many presented to us.

Salute the nation