• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Players can include choice of coach in their contracts?

I wouldn’t count on Rudy signing here just yet.
I’m not. I would TRY to sign him, but if I was Rudy I would talk real nice and take any offer from someone else. I wouldn’t trust Tomlin to give him a legitimate shot.
I’m sure his feelers are out there and will also have to see what the STEELERS offer not just in monetary value, but also in open fairness competition assurances.

He’s not going to sign for minimum this time around. I see a better than or near “Mitch” deal.

Salute the nation

Tomlin treated Rudy like sh!t. But if they pay enough money he will sign. No telling right now what interest he might stir.

What is the fascination with a soon to be 36yo QB that is on his way to retirement real soon. Coming of a serious mobility injury?
I just think he has one or two good years left and is better than what we have on our team right now. I have never been a fan of Kenny Pickett, I think he was a reach in the first and I don't think he will be the answer to our QB problems going forward.

So I pick up someone like Cousins ans hope Rudolph returns, then I throw the football out into the middle of the three and see who picks it up and does something good with it. If Kenny can not play better than Rudolph or Cousins then you have your answer on his future.. The only problem with my theory is I don't trust Tomlin to make the right choice based on production and not feelings.

What is the fascination with a soon to be 36yo QB that is on his way to retirement real soon. Coming of a serious mobility injury?
BTW don't ever question one of my suggestions again. I have read everyone of Coach's post since the very first one he posted. I now feel like I am a football God and know everything possible about ownership, coaching and player evaluation. you got that skippy. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tomlin treated Rudy like sh!t. But if they pay enough money he will sign. No telling right now what interest he might stir.
Why would they pay him a whole bunch of money? He made some plays against two crappy teams....he's a backup. Not saying he's not better than the other two at this point, but dude is a career backup.

Why would they pay him a whole bunch of money? He made some plays against two crappy teams....he's a backup. Not saying he's not better than the other two at this point, but dude is a career backup.
As much as I like Rudolph I have to agree with this. I think Rudolph makes a great backup but the answer to our QB problems is not on this team right now.

As much as I like Rudolph I have to agree with this. I think Rudolph makes a great backup but the answer to our QB problems is not on this team right now.
Exactly. Like it or not we all have to face the reality that this team needs a short term free agent QB solution. If we are going to develop a QB the way Mikey does things the defensive side of the ball is going to fall apart in that time.

Why TJ loves Tomlin is beyond me...I guess he wants to make a bunch of money and accomplish nothing at the team level when he could go somewhere else, get a bunch of money and accomplish something besides sack records and Steeler legacy. Who knows.

I just think he has one or two good years left and is better than what we have on our team right now. I have never been a fan of Kenny Pickett, I think he was a reach in the first and I don't think he will be the answer to our QB problems going forward.

So I pick up someone like Cousins ans hope Rudolph returns, then I throw the football out into the middle of the three and see who picks it up and does something good with it. If Kenny can not play better than Rudolph or Cousins then you have your answer on his future.. The only problem with my theory is I don't trust Tomlin to make the right choice based on production and not feelings.
The problem with Cousins is that you MAY get 1-2 years out of him, I happen to think it is going to be closer to MAYBE, ALMOST one year. That means that you are FORCED to take a QB early so he is ready in 1-2 years. Otherwise you are right back to where we are right now, uncertain of the future. Way too much money for a very short stop gap player.

I think you would be money a head to roll with KP, attempt to sign MR, and sign young FA QB. If you go this direction you MUST rebuild the lines and look for an ILB in the Draft