• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

‘Podunk, USA’

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
You want to see the real deal Liberal coastal elitist ?

eshoo.jpg

A Democratic lawmaker from California referred to Middle America as "Podunk, USA," during a committee meeting last week, several sources inside the meeting told the Washington Free Beacon.

Remarks by Rep. Anna Eshoo (D., Calif.) during a closed-door Energy and Commerce Committee meeting with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai raised eyebrows from those present.

The moment occurred when Eshoo pushed back against Pai when he was discussing expanding broadband access to rural areas

Pai said that eliminating Title II net neutrality rules would benefit places he has traveled to, such as Parsons, Kan., Elverson, Pa., and Cadillac, Mich.

Sources inside the meeting told the Free Beacon that Eshoo was frustrated with Pai's comments. She wished out loud that Pai would stop talking about "Podunk, USA" and instead be more concerned about the venture capitalists on Sand Hill Road in her district near Palo Alto, according to the sources.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/democrat-refers-middle-america-podunk-usa/

I don't even recognize what world these people live in.....

7QojJ1P1.jpg

Coastal Elite Barbie
@h1llary4prez

We tried to help you, Trumper, but now I'm just going to laugh at you. #resist

lol Andrea Mitchell is a Hillary hating hobag.

I see Supreme Court Justice Hillary Clinton in my crystal ball #holdthefloor
C8nmWoiXcAQQT5J.jpg

We live in two completely separate worlds no wonder I don't understand them.

Sources inside the meeting told the Free Beacon that Eshoo was frustrated with Pai's comments. She wished out loud that Pai would stop talking about "Podunk, USA" and instead be more concerned about the venture capitalists on Sand Hill Road in her district near Palo Alto, according to the sources.

Wealthiest zip code in the country but Democrats are for the working people and Republicans are the party of the rich.

1khbze.jpg

Dems are being voted out everywhere!

More WINNING!

ha ha - they are finished

Omaha Democrats lose mayor's race; state party chair faults DNC Chairman Tom Perez

Local Democrats reacted to Mello's defeat with some measure of bitterness, complaining that his campaign basically became a casualty of the "Democratic Unity Tour" staged by DNC Chairman Tom Perez and former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...faults-dnc-chairman-tom-perez/article/2622827

The party that means to rule,not govern. The less of them we have running things the better. Now if we could only gut them out of the education system we'd be good.

There are, of course, millionaires and billionaires who are leeches on society, who bleed our GDP and contribute nothing to the commonwealth. There was, for instance, a bright young man who worked all the scholarship angles so that wealthy donors (with their tax-dodging charitable contributions) paid his way through fancy schools. He embarked on an urban scam called “community organizing.” Then he obtained a large sum for writing a book about his life and accomplishments at age 34 when he didn’t have any accomplishments and hadn’t led much life. He wormed his way into politics with all its perks and benefits. And now his big house, his stretch limousine, and his luxury jet are paid for out of the public treasury.

But a fellow like that is an exception. Most rich people provide some value to mankind—goods, services, or, at worst, fishy investments to make us temporarily feel like we’re rich too. And when even the richest of the rich loses $1,645,000,000,000 he has to give the big house, limo, and jet back to the bank. That’s real money.

Don't forget about the Dems next presidential candidate. She's all about middle American values...Bwahahaha

7a87125ba3d38489a58a82eff12b1ccc.jpg
4666e07e57f6fb5c1f1e7ededa2c8fda.jpg

There are, of course, millionaires and billionaires who are leeches on society, who bleed our GDP and contribute nothing to the commonwealth. There was, for instance, a bright young man who worked all the scholarship angles so that wealthy donors (with their tax-dodging charitable contributions) paid his way through fancy schools. He embarked on an urban scam called “community organizing.” Then he obtained a large sum for writing a book about his life and accomplishments at age 34 when he didn’t have any accomplishments and hadn’t led much life. He wormed his way into politics with all its perks and benefits. And now his big house, his stretch limousine, and his luxury jet are paid for out of the public treasury.

But a fellow like that is an exception. Most rich people provide some value to mankind—goods, services, or, at worst, fishy investments to make us temporarily feel like we’re rich too. And when even the richest of the rich loses $1,645,000,000,000 he has to give the big house, limo, and jet back to the bank. That’s real money.

Don't forget about the Dems next presidential candidate. She's all about middle American values...Bwahahaha

We can call it "leftist privledge"

Damn, I'm within 15 minutes of Podunk (Elverson, PA).

Does that make me Podunk?

Pass

You want to see the real deal Liberal coastal elitist ?

eshoo.jpg

A Democratic lawmaker from California referred to Middle America as "Podunk, USA," during a committee meeting last week, several sources inside the meeting told the Washington Free Beacon.

Remarks by Rep. Anna Eshoo (D., Calif.) during a closed-door Energy and Commerce Committee meeting with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai raised eyebrows from those present.

The moment occurred when Eshoo pushed back against Pai when he was discussing expanding broadband access to rural areas

Pai said that eliminating Title II net neutrality rules would benefit places he has traveled to, such as Parsons, Kan., Elverson, Pa., and Cadillac, Mich.

My wife is from Cadillac, MI. A beautiful town, really. Her father and mother bought property right on Lake Cadillac and built a home by hand. When we visit, their kitchen bay window overlooks the lake to the town on the other side. A true Norman Rockwell view of a town, church steeples, etc, draped in snow. Beautiful. Wonderful town and people.

And Cadillac once hosted KISS for homecoming. My wife and sisters told me this story once, and I refused to believe it...until it showed up on ESPN one night.

Oh, and **** that elitist Democrat. People from Cadillac voted Trump into office. Let her type continue their elitist ways. We'll stay in power forever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t0hKxdgb-Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tim Steelersfan
Oh, and **** that elitist Democrat. People from Cadillac voted Trump into office. Let her type continue their elitist ways. We'll stay in power forever.

You just don't get it do you Timmy, you are a Podunk deplorable and your opinion just don't matter...period.

Deplorable_Me.jpg

image048-1.jpg

I'm smack dab in the middle of Podunk....and I'm proud!!!

When is everyone going to realize it's all a ruse.... They've figured out the perfect scam. The Dems convince half the country that it's all the Republicans fault.. the Republicans convince the other half its the Democrats fault... and at the end of the day, which I think is around noon if you are a member of Congress, they all go to whatever watering hole they usually do and buy each other drinks and laugh their ***** off at how gullible we all are. The only people they're concerned with doing right by are the ones that keep their campaign coffers full. It's never going to change as long as they keep everyone convinced it's the other side's fault. Divide and conquer... it's a strategy as old as all of recorded history, and it works as well now as it did whenever it was first conceived.

Constitutional convention of the states! First order of business. Amendment for term limits on all elected officials. Time to kill the self serving career politition.The supreme court I'd look at as well. A balanced budget amendment. Congress must live under all laws it passes. I could add a ton. The only way to drain the swamp is from the perimeter in.

Constitutional convention of the states! First order of business. Amendment for term limits on all elected officials. Time to kill the self serving career politition.The supreme court I'd look at as well. A balanced budget amendment. Congress must live under all laws it passes. I could add a ton. The only way to drain the swamp is from the perimeter in.

That would be a first step, but who would have to get the ball rolling on such an endeavor? Govornors and members of state legislatures that are cut from the same cloth as the Feds. They're not going to go after a system that they aspire to become a part of.

Ideologically, I don't agree with term limits or the balanced budget amendment.

We already have term limits. They are called elections. We CAN get rid of them. We don't. There are some built in protections for the ruling class, but they can be ousted if we really gave a ****. Apparently, We don't.

There is nothing, inherently, bad about deficit spending. The problem is, as stated in other threads, they spend what they want without regard to what they have incoming, year after year. Occasional overspending would never get us into trouble whereas a requirement to not deficit spend could get us into trouble if Congress didn't have the ability to react to spending when needed.

An appropriately sized government would solve both problems, IMO.

Nahh you have to limit corruption and the fact the general public in America is completely ignorant in who they elect over and over again. Folks like McCain, Pelosi got no business in office anymore.Do your service and get out! I'd force them to budget accordingly, pay off debt and cut the government down to do it. It's just a money sucking black hole now. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
Ideologically, I don't agree with term limits or the balanced budget amendment.

We already have term limits. They are called elections. We CAN get rid of them. We don't.

Without term limits you get Senators and Reps who become too powerful. They chair committees and have direct effect on junior Senators/Reps who become bullied into compliance by being completely shut out of funding and perks if they do no vote accordingly. No junior representative can survive if they do not bring programs and funding back to their constituents and those are tightly controlled by the Senior members of both the Senate and House. 2 Term limit max....and yes I understand some states/commonwealths have different terms.

Without term limits you get Senators and Reps who become too powerful. They chair committees and have direct effect on junior Senators/Reps who become bullied into compliance by being completely shut out of funding and perks if they do no vote accordingly. No junior representative can survive if they do not bring programs and funding back to their constituents and those are tightly controlled by the Senior members of both the Senate and House. 2 Term limit max....and yes I understand some states/commonwealths have different terms.

If you have term limits the bureaucracy can become more powerful than out elected officials, they probably are already, because they will be around longer. If you put term limits on Congress then you MUST limit the power of the unelected bureaucrats, such as with the proposed REINS Act.

If you have term limits the bureaucracy can become more powerful than out elected officials, they probably are already, because they will be around longer. If you put term limits on Congress then you MUST limit the power of the unelected bureaucrats, such as with the proposed REINS Act.

I'm all for limits on everyone within the machine. Working inside the Gov't should not be a lifelong career.