• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police play copy written Disney songs . . .

I was going to stay out of this thread but I wanted to give a "cops" perspective. first off most of us do the job because we want to serve the public. we have wives/husbands, children and grandchildren in the community we serve. I spent most of my working life in middle management, I have a college degree and could do a lot of different things for a hell of a lot more money. They hire on at walmart stocking shelves for more money than I make. why do I do it? I want to serve I want to protect my community.

Are there bad cops? hell yes there are just like there are bad soldiers, bad firemen, bad managers, bad doctors, bad nurses, ect. The thing is not all of them get lumped into the same group because a few are bad, none of them have a damn cell phone shoved in their faces for doing their job and none of them are alone on some dark road somewhere dealing with the things we have to.

come and ride sometime. It's midnight and there is a car full of people, doesn't matter if they are black or white or brown or green. you pull them over because they are driving erratically, speeding, just ran a stop sign or red light or maybe they do have a tail light out and you want them to know so they can get it fixed. you're by yourself and the closest help is fifteen to twenty minutes away. you have no idea if they are drunk or on meth, holding someone against their will or just shot or robbed someone. you have no idea if someone is gonna open fire as soon as you approach the car because the badge you wear makes you a target in most of this country, yet you still make that walk up to the window.

I promise you though that when I walk up to your vehicle I have a smile on my face and am polite no matter how on edge I am. Then I get to listen to some of you tell me I work for you, or shouldn't I be out chasing "real" criminals, or I just pulled you over because I'm profiling.

I walk up to that window because I want to make sure that you or your spouse or child or grandchild gets home safe. so the next time you feel targeted or inconvenienced by me pulling you over remember "most'" of us do it to keep you and your family safe.

My wife and children beg me to quit because they live in fear of "that knock on the door". yet I still get dressed and go walk up to that window at midnight. Think about this, what would it be like if we all just said **** it and there was no one to stop that drunk driver, or for you to call when your spouse or neighbor was beating on you, or a thousand other things that you don't think twice about putting my life in harms way so you don't have to deal with it.

I was going to stay out of this thread but I wanted to give a "cops" perspective. first off most of us do the job because we want to serve the public. we have wives/husbands, children and grandchildren in the community we serve. I spent most of my working life in middle management, I have a college degree and could do a lot of different things for a hell of a lot more money. They hire on at walmart stocking shelves for more money than I make. why do I do it? I want to serve I want to protect my community.

Are there bad cops? hell yes there are just like there are bad soldiers, bad firemen, bad managers, bad doctors, bad nurses, ect. The thing is not all of them get lumped into the same group because a few are bad, none of them have a damn cell phone shoved in their faces for doing their job and none of them are alone on some dark road somewhere dealing with the things we have to.

come and ride sometime. It's midnight and there is a car full of people, doesn't matter if they are black or white or brown or green. you pull them over because they are driving erratically, speeding, just ran a stop sign or red light or maybe they do have a tail light out and you want them to know so they can get it fixed. you're by yourself and the closest help is fifteen to twenty minutes away. you have no idea if they are drunk or on meth, holding someone against their will or just shot or robbed someone. you have no idea if someone is gonna open fire as soon as you approach the car because the badge you wear makes you a target in most of this country, yet you still make that walk up to the window.

I promise you though that when I walk up to your vehicle I have a smile on my face and am polite no matter how on edge I am. Then I get to listen to some of you tell me I work for you, or shouldn't I be out chasing "real" criminals, or I just pulled you over because I'm profiling.

I walk up to that window because I want to make sure that you or your spouse or child or grandchild gets home safe. so the next time you feel targeted or inconvenienced by me pulling you over remember "most'" of us do it to keep you and your family safe.

My wife and children beg me to quit because they live in fear of "that knock on the door". yet I still get dressed and go walk up to that window at midnight. Think about this, what would it be like if we all just said **** it and there was no one to stop that drunk driver, or for you to call when your spouse or neighbor was beating on you, or a thousand other things that you don't think twice about putting my life in harms way so you don't have to deal with it.
My uncle was a sherriff for his county. Cops see a bunch of ****** up **** that we do not grasp.

Seeing infants and toddlers pumped full of narcotics, dead. Stuff is brutal.

Yes there are bad cops. Nothing in life is immune to bad apples. I often find myself in the middle. It wasn’t until recent I’ve been “stereoyped” that’s just not from cops either. When I go out shopping I’m often followed around or someone just gets really suspicious around me. Why? Idk. I leave it as is.

I just like to do my thing and get out anyways. But sometimes I often question the way our country is heading and why people make those knee jerk reactions

Edit: and to answer your last question speaking from growing up around gangs. They do not call the cops. Those shootings or minority on minority crimes you often read about are them taking action themselves. I know in Albuquerque calling APD to certain areas of town, they’ll take forever. People just flat out take **** into their own hands here. There is a reason why we’re one of the most dangerous cities in the US. This place really does require you to be strong

You’re an police officer? Damn warrior my bad I owe you an apology, I thought you were the Orge they been talking about.

😜🥰

My uncle was a sherriff for his county. Cops see a bunch of ****** up **** that we do not grasp.

Seeing infants and toddlers pumped full of narcotics, dead. Stuff is brutal.

Yes there are bad cops. Nothing in life is immune to bad apples. I often find myself in the middle. It wasn’t until recent I’ve been “stereoyped” that’s just not from cops either. When I go out shopping I’m often followed around or someone just gets really suspicious around me. Why? Idk. I leave it as is.

I just like to do my thing and get out anyways. But sometimes I often question the way our country is heading and why people make those knee jerk reactions

Edit: and to answer your last question speaking from growing up around gangs. They do not call the cops. Those shootings or minority on minority crimes you often read about are them taking action themselves. I know in Albuquerque calling APD to certain areas of town, they’ll take forever. People just flat out take **** into their own hands here. There is a reason why we’re one of the most dangerous cities in the US. This place really does require you to be strong
Thanks Warrior. We need more like you. Don't quit. Or, come to Wyoming.

Think about this, what would it be like if we all just said **** it and there was no one to stop that drunk driver, or for you to call when your spouse or neighbor was beating on you, or a thousand other things that you don't think twice about putting my life in harms way so you don't have to deal with it.
Folks in cities like SF, L.A., and Philly with George Soros' bought and paid for D.A.'s are finding out.

While there are bad apples in every profession, you know that fight or flight feeling you sometimes get when really bad sh!t happens? Just multiply that by 10 like on the regular and you get the sense of what it's like to be a good police officer I imagine.

Made sure to highlight the word good. And it's no coincidence many of them are former military.

To the OP, whatever sergeant or supervisor approved the tactic of patrol officers blasting music during a stop is subject to investigation... due to his/her questionable judgment. And what ever happened to probable cause? No need for these ridiculous tactics if there is pc. If I'm doing a t-stop and I can articulate pc, I should have no issue with being recorded. And just imagine if there is a trial... what jury won't rule to acquit the defendant if both the vehicle and body cams are drowned out by the music? A total no-win for law enforcement.

You’re an police officer? Damn warrior my bad I owe you an apology, I thought you were the Orge they been talking about.

😜🥰

While I laugh at your mistake (and it truly is funny), consider yourself blessed to not know the true Ogre. It's a scarring moment, and you can't unsee it. Ever.

I agree with that, but do you think that’s feasible?
There’s a fine line between law and control.

We citizen’s should be able to have that say. Especially those of us who are just doing the right thing by working and providing for our families.

As simple as that sounds there are too many stereotypes, too many loopholes in what is the law, etc
When the application of enforcement is not fair, justice is not served.....like the situation seems now.

Equity/equality/fairness does not hapoen with more resources.....it happens with less intrusion, so the average person -- assumed to be good -- can just get on with life.

We need cops to fight crime, the bad guys, etc.
Does society really need police to stop folks with a tail light out, or not wearing a seatbelt, or driving 10 over? Most would say not.

Less is more, and more likely to equitable, because the minor ****, like having a joint, doesnt meet the test of limited resource management.

Police should handle the big stuff and let nature handle the rest.