• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police use water cannons on Dakota Access protesters in freezing weather

Believe whatever you want man. Those people would not put themselves through that if they did not feel there was a legitimate reason to do so. Those people originally "owned" that land regardless. Then it was taken away under fire then conceded under the Treaty of Fort Laramie then again taken away when there as thought to be gold there. The government has reappropriated much of that land back to the Sioux and then repossessed it when the farms that were given to them as a basis for the exchange were foreclosed on. This type of **** has gone on and on and on. So talk **** all you want about these peoples motives or their actions but I don't blame them one bit. At some point we have to look past the narrow view of our own sovereignty and see things for what they are.

Feelings are not facts. The land is no longer theirs and that is a fact. The land that they are protesting on is somebodyelses now and already has a pipeline under it that is a fact. The tribe wanted $60M and the pipeline company said pound sand we aren't taking it across the Res.

I didn't know they were injuns. The Cherokee in me was sympathetic for about 2 seconds. I don't care if they are white, black, red or yellow...hose 'em down and tase 'em! We are now a nation of law and order. This eight year crime wave and PC pussification is over.

Well lets see. If someone had been ******* you over personally for years on deal after deal on something that was yours to ******* begin with and you eventually lost trust with them (obviously) and they came back and tried to go over your head again with something that was vaguely legal in their estimation but potentially dangerous and unethical in yours then yeah you might have a problem with that. Or maybe I'm speculating and you like getting ****** over.

How you like America?

How you like America?

I like it just fine. Not every ****** thing has to be a two sided choice. I don't have a problem with the police doing their jobs but crooked cops can go **** themselves and need to be dealt with. We're allowed to have perspective as people. I think it's insane not to.

I am obviously aware of that. I am also aware that those people have been getting ****** over for years besides what's involved in this pipeline so I can get why they are reluctant to just let it slide and turn their backs. And then there's the fact that as a people they fundamentally believe in not disturbing the land in this way and creating the potential for pollution. I know. I know. It's "safe". And these people are trying to just get something out of this.

You do realize that there is money sitting in the treasury right now that was awarded to the Sioux for land that was illegially taken from them and that the federal govt tried to just pay them off and not give them their land back. The Sioux have to date not taken the money and are fighting it. So I guess they're trying to get over there too.

I don't know man, it still sounds like you are letting your emotions impede your ability to focus on what the major issue is here..

I don't know man, it still sounds like you are letting your emotions impede your ability to focus on what the major issue is here..

There seems to be an epidemic of that across our country these days.

ZN7yWbd.jpg

They've been illegally camped out on private land, blocked public roads, thrown Molotov cocktails, lit fires, and shot guns. Should have all been locked up a while ago.

New York woman could lose arm after blast at Dakota Access pipeline protest site

A New Yorker was hospitalized with a gruesome injury while protesting the Dakota Access pipeline on North Dakota's Standing Rock Reservation, activists say.

The woman — identified by activists as 21-year-old Sophia Wilansky — could lose her left arm after a Monday explosion behind the protest blockade near Cannon Ball tore through her winter jacket and skin, exposing bone.

The Bronx woman was airlifted nearly 400 miles to the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis following the 4 a.m. incident, said Wilansky’s friend and fellow activist Vaimoana Niumeitolu.

“They’re trying to see if her arm can be saved,” Niumeitolu told the Daily News after speaking with Wilansky's parents

Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier attributed the blast to protesters and said law enforcement had nothing to do with the explosion.

“We don't know where it came from,” Kirchmeier said at a Monday press conference held hours after the explosion.

Kirchmeier claims protesters were flinging fuel canisters at officers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ting-dakota-access-pipeline-article-1.2883263

-------------------------------

58340e38c3618801648b45d1.jpg

So why is the "pantsuit nation" not all up in arms about the current administration tromping all over the individual rights of these oppressed minorities?

Cause I have to say if all this was happening after January this **** would be ALL over the news and the administration would look like the Debil!

New York woman could lose arm after blast at Dakota Access pipeline protest site

A New Yorker was hospitalized with a gruesome injury while protesting the Dakota Access pipeline on North Dakota's Standing Rock Reservation, activists say.

The woman — identified by activists as 21-year-old Sophia Wilansky — could lose her left arm after a Monday explosion behind the protest blockade near Cannon Ball tore through her winter jacket and skin, exposing bone.

The Bronx woman was airlifted nearly 400 miles to the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis following the 4 a.m. incident, said Wilansky’s friend and fellow activist Vaimoana Niumeitolu.

“They’re trying to see if her arm can be saved,” Niumeitolu told the Daily News after speaking with Wilansky's parents

Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier attributed the blast to protesters and said law enforcement had nothing to do with the explosion.

“We don't know where it came from,” Kirchmeier said at a Monday press conference held hours after the explosion.

Kirchmeier claims protesters were flinging fuel canisters at officers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ting-dakota-access-pipeline-article-1.2883263

-------------------------------

58340e38c3618801648b45d1.jpg

Jeez, is that supposed to be the 21-year old woman?? She looks more like 51 in that photo ... and that's with 2 arms.