• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preparation

Not sure I can agree with you on this one Jimmy, you may have just been lucky. Insulins will crystalize when frozen and break down the basic protein of the drug. Once thawed the composition of the insulin changes, and while it may not harm you, I don't believe it will do much good. This is particularly true with basal insulins, or long-acting ones like Lantus or Levemir. But I suppose if we're facing Armageddon, what the hell.

For recombinant DNA insulin, Humalog, can freeze and use. I can tell you that based on first-hand experience. Froze Humalog pen for a month, and used it. Kept very close track of blood sugars to make sure it worked. I had original Libre at the time and measured every 15 minutes all day. No problems.

Kept very close track day 2, no problems. After that, did not bother with anything other than routine checking until pen was done. No problems.

Oh, and keep refrigerated, will last a loooooong time. I use my insulin starting with the oldest. The only problem I have ever had is with the functioning of the Novolog Humulin pen itself. On occasion, when the pen is old, it gets sticky and does not deliver the insulin cleanly.

Oh, and several things that anybody involved in setting aside items just in case should stockpile. These items are relatively cheap, last either forever or almost forever and will be hard to come by in the event:
  • Salt. Get a LOT.
  • Pepper. Again, get a LOT.
  • Peanut butter. Incredibly calorie-packed, and stays good for years when sealed and stored right.
  • TP. Did the Covid hysteria not teach you people anything?
  • Bars of soap. Yeah, some can make soap but it's a pain the ***. Soap is cheap and lasts forever if kept dry.
Are these items as essential as water and shelter? Maybe not but guaranteed, if you have them, you will not be sorry.

I have a simple and affordable health care plan. Worse gets to worse, I'll go out on my own terms. **** it..got nothing to live for anyways
Can I have your grills?

I live near an Ogurr. We keep it's rage dialed up so when SHTF, we can let it go berzerker. At best, it takes out a few hundred thousand dildo-swinging blue and purple hairs before getting put down. At worst, it serves as a meat shield while we pick off the other hundred thousand trying to find a bathroom.

no worries in the free state of Florida.

Oh, and several things that anybody involved in setting aside items just in case should stockpile. These items are relatively cheap, last either forever or almost forever and will be hard to come by in the event:
  • Salt. Get a LOT.
  • Pepper. Again, get a LOT.
  • Peanut butter. Incredibly calorie-packed, and stays good for years when sealed and stored right.
  • TP. Did the Covid hysteria not teach you people anything?
  • Bars of soap. Yeah, some can make soap but it's a pain the ***. Soap is cheap and lasts forever if kept dry.
Are these items as essential as water and shelter? Maybe not but guaranteed, if you have them, you will not be sorry.
I'll pass on all that preparation ****...almost twelve months of being trapped at home across two lockdowns during Covid was too much - never doing that again. If armageddon hits the fan, I'm doing what I do most weekends and quite a few weeks every year...packing the backpack with camping gear and heading off bush, and living off the land (well, the living off the land part I don't do right now apart from water, as it's actually illegal apart from limited ability to hunt animals designated as pests and fish if you are licenced, but in an armageddon situation WGAF about legality)?

I've been buying Tito's Handmade Vodka 12x50 mL Multipacks to store in addition to everything else. It's great for bartering and sanitizing in addition to drinking for a little stress reliever if things get a bit frustrating.

I live near an Ogurr. We keep it's rage dialed up so when SHTF, we can let it go berzerker. At best, it takes out a few hundred thousand dildo-swinging blue and purple hairs before getting put down. At worst, it serves as a meat shield while we pick off the other hundred thousand trying to find a bathroom.

Both of you are only a few hours from me. Heaven help anyone wanting to come start **** in the state of Florida...lol

I grew up on a farm in the mountains. So being self sufficient was a way of life from childhood on and in some pretty harsh conditions.

Outside of the normal things you would stockpile for **** hitting the fan time. Down here in Florida sunscreen, mosquito repellent, a lot of socks,boots,waterproof boots, fishing gear,snake antivenom,camo,rain gear,ax,hatchet and detailed laminated maps. Most of all a good group friends with experience in many fields that you can trust.

Optimally you want a nice chunk of land away from any large city. The more natural resources on it the better. We have a lot of natural springs in Florida and being near one is crucial.

The finding a bathroom strategy is ideal since most purple-hairs don't know which bathroom to use and are confused by the male/female designations, rather than the odd collection of arrows, stars, + signs and dildos they are used to looking for.

The finding a bathroom strategy is ideal since most purple-hairs don't know which bathroom to use and are confused by the male/female designations, rather than the odd collection of arrows, stars, + signs and dildos they are used to looking for.
plan is to position a row of porta-potties with M/F designation on two - with arrows telling the others to go left. the further left they go, they're just stepping out from behind cover.

ArKKK laughs. He's proven soap isn't needed in order to survive (and in so doing continue to irritate the living **** out of erryone he knows).

See above. ArKKKstank + the Ogurr could keep us safe for years before we have to pull out the guns.

FIZUCK your Bionic ear SoOp.

After 62 years on terra firma, .......I just don't give a flying f*ck!

I have had more than my fair share of a great life!

After 62 years on terra firma, .......I just don't give a flying f*ck!

I have had more than my fair share of a great life!
My preparation consists of two bullets. The second one is in case I miss with the first one.

R.26e271561f523a8ca0e36f9cf5e31f6f

When Covid happened everyone around me panicked. The Blitz family were prepared. we had enough food/water/tp/bleach etc that everything else went crazy for.

if Captain trips happens we good.

not that I want it to happen. but this world has gotten scary