• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason major injuries

Also see NFL is reporting Jaylen Warren has a hammy and will miss mulitple weeks. iffy for the opener.

And they absolutely need a competent back up. McCormick?
Spenser Anderson apparently has center experience. Along with McCormick. Have no idea if they are competent. But at this point they will have to pickup a C after that season ending injury. Mason. Cole is still available I believe. 🤔

Also see NFL is reporting Jaylen Warren has a hammy and will miss mulitple weeks. iffy for the opener.
Just gotta love those well conditioned hammys. If only they were dedicated to conditioning and stretching before games and practice. If the team cut corners there, I would pay someone myself to make sure I was as ready as possible.

I’m pretty sure Daniels will be the B/U Center. If McCormick plays it will be because he replaces Daniels due to an injury
McCormick getting LG reps mostly, main RG backup is Anderson I think

They will really miss Jaylan Warren if he’s not ready for Atlanta.
This offense already is a mess not looking like they can put up enough points to stay with a revamped Falcon’s team.
The early part of this season is critical and they have to get off to a good start since the schedule turns brutal.
If they start off slow it’s goodnight!

They will really miss Jaylan Warren if he’s not ready for Atlanta.
This offense already is a mess not looking like they can put up enough points to stay with a revamped Falcon’s team.
The early part of this season is critical and they have to get off to a good start since the schedule turns brutal.
If they start off slow it’s goodnight!
Given that it's a hamstring, I'm rather concerned he'll miss time or come back early and reaggravate it. There's still time but I'm thinking they may keep an extra running back on the initial roster.

I'd say not even "iffy." More like "improbable" for week 1 in my evaluation. We should PLAN on the 1st month of the season without Warren. Hammies are tricky.

I'd say not even "iffy." More like "improbable" for week 1 in my evaluation. We should PLAN on the 1st month of the season without Warren. Hammies are tricky.
Tell me about that evaluation

Tell me about that evaluation
I am forbidden of supplying links here. I'd suggest you word search fourfourtwo and other keywords to research the subject.

Just gotta love those well conditioned hammys. If only they were dedicated to conditioning and stretching before games and practice. If the team cut corners there, I would pay someone myself to make sure I was as ready as possible.
they do have a team stretch before games and practice. Players will also do extra stretching on their own. But just doing it for a few minutes pregame/practice is not enough. If you want true flexibility you have to stretch year round. It is truely impossible to watch someone stretch and know for sure how much they are really stressing the muscle - that is a feel thing. The player has to take onus to do it right and not just go through the motions. And, I think most players do stretch correctly year round - it is their body and paycheck on the line. Thing is, hammies and quads can happen from tight muscles, but that isn't the only time. Sometimes, it just happens. Ultimately, it is up to the player to do the stretching and flexibility work in the offseason and the team to give them the windows to do and coaching on correct technique during camp/season. I can't just lay it on team pre game warm up tho they are important.

they do have a team stretch before games and practice. Players will also do extra stretching on their own. But just doing it for a few minutes pregame/practice is not enough. If you want true flexibility you have to stretch year round. It is truely impossible to watch someone stretch and know for sure how much they are really stressing the muscle - that is a feel thing. The player has to take onus to do it right and not just go through the motions. And, I think most players do stretch correctly year round - it is their body and paycheck on the line. Thing is, hammies and quads can happen from tight muscles, but that isn't the only time. Sometimes, it just happens. Ultimately, it is up to the player to do the stretching and flexibility work in the offseason and the team to give them the windows to do and coaching on correct technique during camp/season. I can't just lay it on team pre game warm up tho they are important.
Hand of the pump, left hand on my 40.

Muscle pulls are indeed iffy and can linger - I too doubt he will return for Atlanta or even Week 2, but the 4-6 week window often quoted for these things opens around the ATL game. I suppose it will come down to the severity of the strain and how soon the player pushes to come back. Too soon is high risk of being out much longer. I tore a quad once playing softball, doc told me six weeks mins and better if I took the rest of season off. I tried to come back too soon and reinjured it the second game back. Six months later I was still feeling it (granted, I was in my 40's and, believe it or not, not a world class athlete like these guys). Stuff is no joke. I hope they err on the side of caution. Better to miss 3 or 4 weeks at the start of the season than to miss the entire season.

My point is these guys should be investing in their long term condition. The Steelers, who are led by Tomlin, has said many times they are not there to “coach you up”. Players are expected to “coach themselves up”, I would expect the same mindset applies to “conditioning” and “diet”. If I were making the millions these players are, I would be employing a team of personal “assistants” to help me prolong my high output. That investment can possibly earn you higher contract dollars or even longer playing time.

Muscle pulls are indeed iffy and can linger - I too doubt he will return for Atlanta or even Week 2, but the 4-6 week window often quoted for these things opens around the ATL game. I suppose it will come down to the severity of the strain and how soon the player pushes to come back. Too soon is high risk of being out much longer. I tore a quad once playing softball, doc told me six weeks mins and better if I took the rest of season off. I tried to come back too soon and reinjured it the second game back. Six months later I was still feeling it (granted, I was in my 40's and, believe it or not, not a world class athlete like these guys). Stuff is no joke. I hope they err on the side of caution. Better to miss 3 or 4 weeks at the start of the season than to miss the entire season.
Word, well stated. They need to quell the rush back from injury thing that often peers its head from the Tomlin regime.

My point is these guys should be investing in their long term condition. The Steelers, who are led by Tomlin, has said many times they are not there to “coach you up”. Players are expected to “coach themselves up”, I would expect the same mindset applies to “conditioning” and “diet”. If I were making the millions these players are, I would be employing a team of personal “assistants” to help me prolong my high output. That investment can possibly earn you higher contract dollars or even longer playing time.
On that front, have you ever seen what they serve these guys at meals?

James Harrison say hello !!!!

Salute the nation

Knowledge and truth are universal. Boo waaahhhhhh.
plagiarizing others' work and calling it Your Evaluation shows what kind of person you are. Good luck

plagiarizing others' work and calling it Your Evaluation shows what kind of person you are. Good luck
The exact same thing cooch 1 did. He denies it but they have the exact same traits. Each month a new similarity resurfaces. No way this guy isn’t cooch.