• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Protesters block road in Panama, FAFO

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A 77-year old named Kenneth Salas, who has dual citizenship in Panama and the United States, shot and killed two protesters who were blocking the Pan-American Highway, a major thoroughfare in Panama. The protesters were striking teachers and union activists (aren't they all?) who blocked the road with concrete debris, tree branches and other materials.

Salas was stuck back in the line of cars, exited his vehicle, approached the blockage and started removing the obstructions. He took at his semi-automatic pistol and was holding it in his right hand as he tried to remove some of the obstructions. He got involved in a minor verbal altercation with a couple protesters, one of whom asked, "Are you going to kill us?" Salas responded, "You want to be the first?" and shot the guy, who died at the scene. He then shot a second protester in the neck and that guy died on the way to the hospital.

Two lessons from this unfortunate incident:
  1. If the police don't do their job, citizens will.
  2. Don't block the ******* road.

A 77-year old named Kenneth Salas, who has dual citizenship in Panama and the United States, shot and killed two protesters who were blocking the Pan-American Highway, a major thoroughfare in Panama. The protesters were striking teachers and union activists (aren't they all?) who blocked the road with concrete debris, tree branches and other materials.

Salas was stuck back in the line of cars, exited his vehicle, approached the blockage and started removing the obstructions. He took at his semi-automatic pistol and was holding it in his right hand as he tried to remove some of the obstructions. He got involved in a minor verbal altercation with a couple protesters, one of whom asked, "Are you going to kill us?" Salas responded, "You want to be the first?" and shot the guy, who died at the scene. He then shot a second protester in the neck and that guy died on the way to the hospital.

3. Blocking roads/highways is not protesting.

"bUt dEeStRoYiNg pRiCeLeSs WuRx Of aRt Is!!"
- Protesters

P.S. The protesters apparently threw soup on a Jackson Pollock. Nobody noticed.
That's assault all day long.

Note to blocking roads, Newton's 2nd law.

A force is a push or pull upon an object resulting from the object's interaction with another object. Whenever there is an interaction between two objects, there is a force upon each of the objects. When the interaction ceases, the two objects no longer experience the force. Forces only exist as a result of an interaction.

Not saying we should kill protesters but this **** of blocking roads is not peaceful protesting. FL passed a law this year that basically lets you run a ***** over blocking roads and attacking cars.

you want to stand on the side walk or a park or city hall and hold signs and peacefully protest I will stand side by side with you to protect that right. you block roads, attack people in their cars or start destroying ****, well **** you, you get what you got coming.

" Peaceful protest" have been redefined by the media. If it's " progressives" , no matter the action, it's Peaceful. If it's anyone else it's a " threat to democracy ".

I would think that the job of the police would be to remove them by force, not shoot them.

But wait, these would Panamanian police. So maybe you're right. Get off the streets or they shoot your ***!

We could have used this guy back in 2016 when liberal protestors blocked the highways leading to the Trump rallies.*

* That was tongue in cheek, sarcasm, etc. I wouldn't have wanted that to happen, even though I would have a hard time mustering up sympathy for those lawbreaking motherfukkers.

We could have used this guy back in 2016 when liberal protestors blocked the highways leading to the Trump rallies.*

* That was tongue in cheek, sarcasm, etc. I wouldn't have wanted that to happen, even though I would have a hard time mustering up sympathy for those lawbreaking motherfukkers.

As an absolute truism, those most shocked when people ignore the rules are those who routinely ignore the rules.

23292MEM131123.jpg-768x768.jpg