• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Questions for the Cast 2/24

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Back from Disney for my daughter's 10th birthday, and boy do I need another vacation...

I'm going to record late Thu night, so let me know if you have any questions to dive into as we approach free agency

Does keeping Witherspoon and his 4M contract depends on signing Sutton? Or is he a keeper or cut regardless ?

Do the Steelers make an effort to keep Larry O? I think they should.

Thoughts on myles Jack and the ILB position during free agency.

Do you see it possible they keep both edmunds and kazee? I really like the 3 Safety formation paired with a 3 DL front

Stryker Stryker Stryker STRYKER!!!!! From a coaching numbers perspective were do the Steelers rank? What coaching positions do you think we should add?

After Jackson's release, who are the next likely cap casualties?
If you were TomKhan:
Who would be your top 3 cuts and would their spots be addressed in FA or draft, or both?

With the way both Rudolph and Trubinsky were mistreated do you think the Steelers are building a reputation where decent backups or prospects won't want to come here?
Welcome to the forum @Chow Chow Dad !!

Hey Members, Chow Chow has been a big contributor on our Vidcasts and always has great questions and insight. Welcome him to the Nation!!

There are a lot of tempting defensive free agents, but who do you like on the offensive side?

it has been reported that the Steelers could trade Trubisky for a 4th rounder. Do you really think that is accurate and if so how fast would you pull the trigger on that deal

so should the ravens fully guarantee action jackson's new contract for $250 million? I think he deserves twice that much

How was Disneyland? I took 4 kids there years ago. Almost had to take out a second mortgage. Frigging expensive.

With the way both Rudolph and Trubinsky were mistreated do you think the Steelers are building a reputation where decent backups or prospects won't want to come here?
Welcome! I am sure you will figure it out. but yes everyone hates Coolie

Welcome! I am sure you will figure it out. but yes everyone hates Coolie

I don’t,……… Coolie is a great ride…………… In the LUXURY S10……….

Thge only pisser is……..when he pisses, but that’s what the glovebox diapers are for….. + his side is plastic covered

Salute the nation

PS

Sorry for me being to late to contribute on the “questions” part, but I can slap you on the back and say thank you on the “appreciation“ part.

Salute the nation

Welcome to the site.

As far as the mistreated well both were payed pretty decent. Rudy had his chances to impress before Ben retired and simply didn't. That is the breaks sometimes you have to run with the opportunities you get while you get them.

Mitch was pretty much gift wrapped the starters gig and knew with his background that he had to perform to keep it. He didn't perform simply to their satisfaction which is why Kenny was given the nod.

Supposibly Tomlin is this coach everyone wants to play for so it shouldn't impact their want to come here. That and there is a winning element that still attracts too.

Not enough playoff wins for me but that is a conversation for another time. That part of the equation would only impact the free agents that wanted to play for someone that was on the cusp of a SB appearance. Obviously not the Steelers for now.

One of my Questions, had I gotten it in, was

1). I read a small article saying there could be a chance for Rudolf to stay. It talked about STEELERS cutting Mitch for cap reasons and offering Mason #2 QB to stay. Is there any truth or significance to this scenario?

MY ANSWER

I could see Mason taking the 4mil offer, ONLY after he tested free agency and comes up short. The 4mill is 1 less than last season but more than nothing.

If this played out this way, I’d be happy provided the STEELERS did their diligence on the #2 search prior to Mason’s offer.

Salute the nation