• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Race-baiting professor terminated

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
About time these race-baiters are held accountable for stoking fires. Good job Dr. Anthony E. Munroe for firing the *****.

College professor fired following remarks on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight'

A New Jersey college professor who appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to defend a black-only Black Lives Matter event has been fired after the college's president said she made racially insensitive comments on the show, according to reports.

Essex County College in Newark announced Lisa Durden's firing Firday. She taught communications and pop culture classes as an adjunct, the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

On his June 6 show, Carlson and Durden, who is black, got into a heated exchange over the appropriateness of allowing only blacks to attend a Black Lives Matter event in New York City on Memorial Day.

“Listen. What I say to that is boo-hoo-hoo,” she said. “You white people are angry because you couldn’t use your ‘white privilege’ card to get invited to the Black Lives Matter’s all-black Memorial Day celebration! Wow!”

Two days after the show, the school suspended Durden with pay. She addressed the matter with school officials Tuesday, three days before the firing was announced.

College president Anthony Munroe said Friday the Fox News appearance prompted calls from students, faculty and prospective students and their families “expressing frustration, concern and even fear that the views expressed by a college employee with influence over students would negatively impact their experience on the campus.”

He noted that although Durden did not mention her affiliation with the school during the show or claim to be representing its views, "her employment with us and potential impact on students required our immediate review into what seemed to have become a very contentious and divisive issue."

Munroe went further in explaining his reasons for firing Durden in a lengthy statement -- in which he invoked the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

"The character of this institution mandates that we embrace diversity, inclusion and unity," he said. "Racism cannot be fought with more racism."

Durden declined comment Sunday when contacted by Fox News.

She has said that she was “publicly lynched” by the school.

On Friday, she told the Star-Ledger that she has received a lot of support from school staff members and students, but compared her experience to a rape victim who is blamed for the crime, and a person who returns from war to a hostile environment.

“I thought it would be a safe place for me,” she told the paper, referring to the college. “I thought when I came home from war, I would be safe.” Instead she said she was fired.

Durden's attorney, Leslie Farber, said she believes her client's free speech rights were violated. Farber said they were considering whether to take legal action in the matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/2...lowing-remarks-on-tucker-carlson-tonight.html

Durden's attorney, Leslie Farber, said she believes her client's free speech rights were violated. Farber said they were considering whether to take legal action in the matter.

Ah, no, dumdum. She exercised her free speech rights. She doesn't have a right to consequence free speech.

If only she had a White Privilege Card then she would still have a job. It's pretty great to see these people in utter shock when someone takes them to task when they act this way. Buh bye and good riddance

“I thought it would be a safe place for me,” she told the paper, referring to the college. “I thought when I came home from war, I would be safe.” Instead she said she was fired.

You came home from a freaking interview, not from a war, you moron.

Oh, and I am sure that Durden would fully support "white only" events.

"She has said that she was “publicly lynched” by the school."
“I thought when I came home from war, I would be safe.”
Do these drama queens that say **** like this realize how they make a mockery of the actual horrific events of lynching and war?

And never leave home without it! I cut my grass today in 95 degree heat. Well actually my white privilege card did it.

My card spent 3 hours cleaning the garage today. As for myself I sat in front of the TV basking in my privilege.

"Pop Culture" should NEVER be in any college curriculum in this country. Period.

It is an utter embarrassment what our institutions of "higher learning" have become.

"Pop Culture" should NEVER be in any college curriculum in this country. Period.

It is an utter embarrassment what our institutions of "higher learning" have become.

It was starting to get bad when I attended. Sad to see institutions go down the gutter so fast

You know what is really sad? Before she exposed herself in that interview, that mess was teaching children and getting paid by a university to do it. This is what passes for a college professor these days, an intellectual.

What exactly consititues a Pop Culture class anyway? I'm glad that **** wasn't around when I was in school, and I'm glad that my kiddo chose forensic science as her major. No BS classes like that.

I took Horror Films as an elective in college. It was great. Jazz Appreciation was also a popular elective, although I hear it was not the fluff people were looking for.

After she went on her rant, Tucker should have simply asked, "are you a racist bigot?". Of course she would have said "no" but there is no way that anyone that says **** like that is not as racist as anyone in the country. She's a racist piece of trash just like the KKK and just like BLM that she is defending.

When I watched the show I couldn't believe the **** she was saying. You could have put a white hood on her and reversed the colors.

The Mizzou journalism professor who called for muscle to deal with a journalism student with an opposing view was let go in Missouri and hired in Washington state. There's always an institution more liberal than the last for them to move to. It's about like the Catholic church moving the priests around.

The Mizzou journalism professor who called for muscle to deal with a journalism student with an opposing view was let go in Missouri and hired in Washington state. There's always an institution more liberal than the last for them to move to. It's about like the Catholic church moving the priests around.

Kind of like Satan moving his liberal politicians around, too.

That's a very good analogy. You want to know when I stopped attending Catholic masses and giving the church financial support?

When I learned what they had done with institutionalized child molestation. Sickening.