• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Racial tensions come to my hometown...

Last night and this afternoon, protesters took to the streets...well, about 6 people held signs and another hundred stood around watching.
Word on the street was that they were bussing protesters into town from Baltimore to protest tonight, but evidently they couldn't find any busses to steal.

Last edited:
The story here is the chick's behavior. That **** has to stop. What a ****** up culture.

Isn't it usually their behavior that lead to the escalation of the situation?

90% of the time people bring that **** on themselves.

I still think back to my time in the Navy, and others asking why I never seemed to get singled out for ****. Told them a quick yes Sir or no Sir didn't take anything away from me, and made them feel superior while keeping them off my back too. I found it worked in civilian life too, I have gotten ONE ticket in the number of times I have been stopped. Just wait for them to come to the window, music turned down and BOTH hands on the wheel. When they ask for id & reg calmly tell them I have a cc permit, and ask how they would like to proceed. NEVER had a single issue EVER.

Even if you hate the cops or someone in power, a yes Sir is almost like a get out of jail free card. Don't be a smart *** punk, give respect and you will get it in return.

I still think back to my time in the Navy, and others asking why I never seemed to get singled out for ****. Told them a quick yes Sir or no Sir didn't take anything away from me, and made them feel superior while keeping them off my back too. I found it worked in civilian life too, I have gotten ONE ticket in the number of times I have been stopped. Just wait for them to come to the window, music turned down and BOTH hands on the wheel. When they ask for id & reg calmly tell them I have a cc permit, and ask how they would like to proceed. NEVER had a single issue EVER.

Even if you hate the cops or someone in power, a yes Sir is almost like a get out of jail free card. Don't be a smart *** punk, give respect and you will get it in return.

Post of the week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received 5 or 6 warnings in one 3-4 year period. It made some of my friends angry that I was able to do so that many times. Be respectful, watch your movements and you will be on your way before you know it. There are two ways to go. It doesn't matter if you're white, if you act like a dumbass, you're going to have a hard time.

If you watch the body am video and the press conference video for this case it is an obvious attempt by the subject and the attorney to make a quick payday off of the situation.

Even if you believe you've been unjustly stopped or even arrested, I've always said just wait until court to resolve it instead of making an incident. I've worked in the legal system and judges will punish and correct cops if they screw up. Its the ultimate revenge against bad policing.

If you watch the body am video and the press conference video for this case it is an obvious attempt by the subject and the attorney to make a quick payday off of the situation.

PbdaG3z.jpg

Beautiful post. Shows what police deal with. They handled this (just up the road from me) perfectly. Complete, UTTER lack of cooperation by the foul mouthed teen.

Soon, people saying police are brutalizing people will start saying stupid **** like "They should have just let her go and dealt with it later." We will hear that nonsense, mark my words. Had she stopped, answered questions, complied, life would have gone on. This was 100% on her for attitude-laced, "I don answa to nobody" rap thug defiance. Nothing more.

Compare the old white guy at the beginning who's car was hit. Think he wanted to spend the afternoon talking to police, exchanging paperwork? Nope. Deals with it like a human being. **** happens. Cooperate, get it over with as soon as possible and move on.

Her? Jesus Christ, I wanted to slap her.

So sad really. Our cops are put into these situations endlessly. It's nonsense.

Oh, and yeah...this is resisting arrest and exactly why it is illegal. Exactly why. Had she cooperated, everyone would have had a nice day. Now we are going to waste tax payer dollars, maybe have a riot or two, replace a destroyed body cam, tie up the courts - all because a punk, 15 year old foul-mouthed thug couldn't follow the law of the land. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Well that escalated quickly

Had she cooperated, they probably wouldn't have found the weed she had on her also.

One day when I was young I was with my mom going to take care of our animals at the Indiana fair. My mom got pulled over. She is handicapped and walks with a cane which was in the truck. Her registration sticker was expired, but we had it in the glove box it just was not put on yet. Anyways the cop was a big dick. He said I could have your vehicle towed and make you walk and this and that. He ended up giving her a fine still. My mom almost lost her cool, but stayed calm. She ended up fighting the fine and having it revoked. Everyone involved was white. The point is some people are just ******** and you have to be able to control yourself.

My rule of thumb is to cooperate with the police and if I have a problem with it then go to court later, which I did once, and had the charges reduced. No big deal, just a speeding ticket that I thought was wrongful.

My rule of thumb is to cooperate with the police and if I have a problem with it then go to court later, which I did once, and had the charges reduced. No big deal, just a speeding ticket that I thought was wrongful.

In your neighborhood, I'd behave too....LOL

I just had one of my old Pittsburgh homeboys send me this " see what you're missing " message. Any of you yinzers live near one of these ?

Soon, people saying police are brutalizing people will start saying stupid **** like "They should have just let her go and dealt with it later." We will hear that nonsense, mark my words.

Well hell, that didn't take long. I couldn't help but go into the comments section and leave a reply. A guy (a complete race baiter by the way) jumped into the fray. Moron.

Me: Resisting arrest is illegal, REGARDLESS of whether you are guilty of the accused crime or not. The laws are built that way for a reason, and this video shows a text book example of exactly why it is illegal to resist arrest, even if you are not guilty. Because resisting leads to escalation. Compliance (like the old man in the beginning) leads to problems being solved. Defiance leads to problems and danger. NOTHING she did was productive or helpful. It was completely defiant and led to the escalation. Period. This was a use case as to how simple situations escalate and put cops in danger. This young lady was completley and utterly out of line and is the reason this situation has become a discussion.

Him: She wasn't being arrested. She refused medical treatment. You can't treat her without her parents permission anyway, so if she wasn't obviously hurt, they should have just let her go about her business. If she had fleed the scene of the accident, she would not have been there when the police showed up...

Me: She was being arrested: http://wtop.com/.../md-police-release-video-of-girl.../ - "Hagerstown Police Capt. Paul Kifer said the white officer who arrested the mixed-race girl had to subdue her with the chemical spray so officers could close the door, for a ride to the police station, after her bicycle hit a car Sunday."

They absolutely shouldn't have let her go, if she was suspected to be the cause of the accident, minor or not. If you cause an auto accident and police are called to the scene, are you allowed to go before they are done interviewing you and others? No. If you leave, it's fleeing the scene.

Another guy: DUH she was attempting to flee the scene as soon as the officer asked for her name and her parents phone number.
And as a minor, SHE cannot refuse treatment for injuries, her parents need to do that. EMTs or doctors can't administer medications or do procedures without parents unless a life threatening situation, but neither can they just let a minor leave untreated and unsupervised.
And it was reported that she did lose consiousness for 30 seconds by witnesses.
And for being involved in the accident, she couldn't leave without giving her info regardless of who was at fault.
And she wound up under arrest for 4 seperate counts, if you had read the article, instead of spouting your ignorance without watching the entire video or knowing the laws of our state and country. Also, your disagreement with those laws does not make any parts of your argument valid.

Holy hell .... the girl on the bike acted like a 8 year old. Unbelievable.

I just had one of my old Pittsburgh homeboys send me this " see what you're missing " message. Any of you yinzers live near one of these ?
New Castle at #1 although I have a hard time believing it is worse than inner-city Philly. Everything else is around Philly or in what used to be coal country.

New Castle at #1 although I have a hard time believing it is worse than inner-city Philly. Everything else is around Philly or in what used to be coal country.
Having grown up in the eastern part of the state, I am familiar with a lot of the areas mentioned. Chester should be a lot higher.
The fact that they don't have Wilkensburg on that list makes it illegitimate. New Castle number 1?! Puhleese.

Last edited:
Downtown Philly is a shithole. I like my chances in New Castle over Philly.

Downtown Philly is a shithole. I like my chances in New Castle over Philly.

Until I sold my company I had an office in New Castle. Although the south and east sides of town are ghetto, it isn't that bad. They were weighing housing values too. The biggest hazard is actually arson. They've had an epidemic of people torching empty houses.

and it's Wilkes Bear, not Wilkes Berry..

Bugs Bunny always pronounced it "Wilkes Berry".