• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rams Sign Dotson for $48 Million

When was the last time this coaching staff made a player better. We continue to hire a small coaching staff, then Tomlin loves to draft a potential player and we all wait wait and wait. You look this year with Dan Moore so you send top draft pick to new position. I will even bring up Washington this mountain of a man that for some reason we do not develop to a total tight end than just an extra tackle. When he had ball thrown to him he caught it and gained yardage. Dotson proved the point. Really how many coaches to we let go that actually go to another team, not many

When was the last time this coaching staff made a player better. We continue to hire a small coaching staff, then Tomlin loves to draft a potential player and we all wait wait and wait. You look this year with Dan Moore so you send top draft pick to new position. I will even bring up Washington this mountain of a man that for some reason we do not develop to a total tight end than just an extra tackle. When he had ball thrown to him he caught it and gained yardage. Dotson proved the point. Really how many coaches to we let go that actually go to another team, not many
1. Jones - solid start, but is now playing out of position for some reason.
2. Porter Jr. - One of the best rookie CBs last season, I'd say they started out well with him.
2. Benton - Really good rookie season, maybe already the best DL on the team. So far so good.
3. Washington - I thought he had moments, but overall underwhelmed.
4. Nick Herbig - Terrific in a limited role, so far so good again..

1. Pickett - Regressed.
2. Pickens - They don't treat him like a No. 1 and he looks lazy at times.
3. Leal - Major regression, couldn't get on the field.
4. Austin - They don't seem to know how to use him.
6. Heyward - He's a guy without a true position.
7. Robinson - Couldn't find the field with the depth they signed.

1. Harris - He's been a volume producer.
2. Freiermuth - Regressed and was basically ignored this past year.
3. Green - Bust.
4. Moore - Continues to start as one of the worst LTs in the league.
5. Loudermilk - Gets a lot of snaps, but hasn't really developed.

I won't go back any further, but not many of these players are taking that step forward and sustaining it. Hopefully last year's class changes this trend.

SF448

The last time I can honestly say with any conviction that the Steeler staff made a player better was Alejandro Villanueva and that was all Munch imo
Since Munch left the OL regressed and he was one of a very few coaches we have had that seemed to coach guys up.

We had a guy last year (Mr. Flores) that was trying to coach guys up, "a real hand in the pile guy" as Tomlin called him, so he had to go. I think if given time he would have had an impact coaching guys up as well, but he was never really given the proper time and room to grow players here.

SF448

The last time I can honestly say with any conviction that the Steeler staff made a player better was Alejandro Villanueva and that was all Munch imo
Since Munch left the OL regressed and he was one of a very few coaches we have had that seemed to coach guys up.

We had a guy last year (Mr. Flores) that was trying to coach guys up, "a real hand in the pile guy" as Tomlin called him, so he had to go. I think if given time he would have had an impact coaching guys up as well, but he was never really given the proper time and room to grow players here.
I thought the ILBs did good work last year prior to all the injuries. Maybe Cole in 2023, but his regression last year more than made up for it, but I get your point here. Not too many players have blown us away with their performance.