• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rand Paul Wants Susan Rice Before Congress!

So, she’s gone from not knowing about any unmasking a week ago to saying the unmasking was not for political purposes.

Rice is a proven liar. She's the one that blamed Benghazi on a video!

oh right, she's black, and a woman...she's lawyered up

The moxie of the former administration never fails to astound me. I know that I should be over any astonishment at the tactics and measures that they've taken and continue to take. Unfortunately, it never ends. How can we miss them if they won't go away? I think they should go away. Federal prison would suit them just fine.

uh-oh

it done blowed up real good

Susan Rice defiant amid growing calls for her to testify under oath

As Susan Rice faces growing calls to testify under oath, the former Obama administration official now accused of ordering the unmasking of Trump officials under surveillance is suggesting that she never did so for political purposes, and that it is sometimes "necessary" for investigative purposes.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, a member of both the Senate Judiciary and Select Committee on Intelligence, suggested in a tweet earlier Tuesday that Rice "needs to testify under oath."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...her-to-testify-under-oath.html?cmpid=NL_fntop

The Eric Holder crime syndicate is long gone. There's a new sheriff in town, and he isn't constrained by the Obama crime boss.

And that's why you don't poke the bear.

It could just be that the bear will turn around and eat you.

It's total defeat for the Dems - they are falling to pieces when their hard core turn on them!

"Outrage over Russian Hacking Claims is Laughable"

NOAM CHOMSKY: "So why are the Democrats focusing on this? In fact, why are they focusing so much attention on the one element of Trump’s programs which is fairly reasonable, the one ray of light in this gloom: trying to reduce tensions with Russia?"

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/17256

--------------------

ha ha

because they have nothing left!

She was NSA to Obama she had CLEARANCE.
She had every right(and a duty) to see who was involved. Unmasking merely means she is going to see the names, not the public.

I call you Trumptards as a joke..but some of you I really wonder about.

Not so, dipshit. You make this too easy.

Susan Rice’s White House Unmasking: A Watergate-style Scandal

Her interest was not in national security but to advance the political interests of the Democratic party.

The thing to bear in mind is that the White House does not do investigations. Not criminal investigations, not intelligence investigations. Remember that.

Why is that so important in the context of explosive revelations that Susan Rice, President Obama’s national-security adviser, confidant, and chief dissembler, called for the “unmasking” of Trump campaign and transition officials whose identities and communications were captured in the collection of U.S. intelligence on foreign targets?

Because we’ve been told for weeks that any unmasking of people in Trump’s circle that may have occurred had two innocent explanations: (1) the FBI’s investigation of Russian meddling in the election and (2) the need to know, for purposes of understanding the communications of foreign intelligence targets, the identities of Americans incidentally intercepted or mentioned. The unmasking, Obama apologists insist, had nothing to do with targeting Trump or his people.

That won’t wash.

In general, it is the FBI that conducts investigations that bear on American citizens suspected of committing crimes or of acting as agents of foreign powers. In the matter of alleged Russian meddling, the investigative camp also includes the CIA and the NSA. All three agencies conducted a probe and issued a joint report in January. That was after Obama, despite having previously acknowledged that the Russian activity was inconsequential, suddenly made a great show of ordering an inquiry and issuing sanctions.

Consequently, if unmasking was relevant to the Russia investigation, it would have been done by those three agencies. And if it had been critical to know the identities of Americans caught up in other foreign intelligence efforts, the agencies that collect the information and conduct investigations would have unmasked it. Because they are the agencies that collect and refine intelligence “products” for the rest of the “intelligence community,” they are responsible for any unmasking; and they do it under “minimization” standards that FBI Director James Comey, in recent congressional testimony, described as “obsessive” in their determination to protect the identities and privacy of Americans.

Understand: There would have been no intelligence need for Susan Rice to ask for identities to be unmasked. If there had been a real need to reveal the identities — an intelligence need based on American interests — the unmasking would have been done by the investigating agencies.

The national-security adviser is not an investigator. She is a White House staffer. The president’s staff is a consumer of intelligence, not a generator or collector of it. If Susan Rice was unmasking Americans, it was not to fulfill an intelligence need based on American interests; it was to fulfill a political desire based on Democratic-party interests.

The FBI, CIA, and NSA generate or collect the intelligence in, essentially, three ways: conducting surveillance on suspected agents of foreign powers under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and carrying out more-sweeping collections under two other authorities — a different provision of FISA, and a Reagan-era executive order that has been amended several times over the ensuing decades, EO 12,333.

As Director Comey explained, in answering questions posed by Representative Trey Gowdy (R., S.C.), those three agencies do collection, investigation, and analysis. In general, they handle any necessary unmasking — which, due to the aforementioned privacy obsessiveness, is extremely rare. Unlike Democratic-party operatives whose obsession is vanquishing Republicans, the three agencies have to be concerned about the privacy rights of Americans. If they’re not, their legal authority to collect the intelligence — a vital national-security power — could be severely curtailed when it periodically comes up for review by Congress, as it will later this year.

Those three collecting agencies — FBI, CIA, and NSA — must be distinguished from other components of the government, such as the White House. Those other components, Comey elaborated, “are consumers of our products.” That is, they do not collect raw intelligence and refine it into useful reports — i.e., reports that balance informational value and required privacy protections. They read those reports and make policy recommendations based on them. White House staffers are not supposed to be in the business of controlling the content of the reports; they merely act on the reports.

Thus, Comey added, these consumers “can ask the collectors to unmask.” But the unmasking authority “resides with those who collected the information.”

Of course, the consumer doing the asking in this case was not just any government official. We’re talking about Susan Rice. This was Obama’s right hand doing the asking. If she made an unmasking “request,” do you suppose anyone at the FBI, CIA, or NSA was going to say no?

That brings us to three interesting points.

The first involves political intrusion into law enforcement — something that the White House is supposed to avoid. (You may remember that Democrats ran Bush attorney general Alberto Gonzales out of town over suspicions about it.) As I have noted repeatedly, in publishing the illegally leaked classified information about former national-security adviser Michael Flynn’s communications with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, the New York Times informs us that “Obama advisers” and “Obama officials” were up to their eyeballs in the investigation:

Obama advisers heard separately from the F.B.I. about Mr. Flynn’s conversation with Mr. Kislyak, whose calls were routinely monitored by American intelligence agencies that track Russian diplomats. The Obama advisers grew suspicious that perhaps there had been a secret deal between the incoming team and Moscow, which could violate the rarely enforced, two-century-old Logan Act barring private citizens from negotiating with foreign powers in disputes with the United States.​

The Obama officials asked the F.B.I. if a quid pro quo had been discussed on the call, and the answer came back no, according to one of the officials, who like others asked not to be named discussing delicate communications. [Translation: “asked not to be named committing felony unauthorized disclosure of classified information.”] The topic of sanctions came up, they were told, but there was no deal. [Emphasis added.]​

It appears very likely that Susan Rice was involved in the unmasking of Michael Flynn. Was she also monitoring the FBI’s investigation? Was she involved in the administration’s consideration of (bogus) criminal charges against Flynn? With the subsequent decision to have the FBI interrogate Flynn (or “grill” him, as the Times put it)?

The second point is that, while not a pillar of rectitude, Ms. Rice is not an idiot. Besides being shrewd, she was a highly involved, highly informed consumer of intelligence, and a key Obama political collaborator. Unlike the casual reader, she would have known who the Trump-team players were without needing to have their identities unmasked. Do you really think her purpose in demanding that names be revealed was to enhance her understanding of intelligence about the activities and intentions of foreign targets? Seriously? I’m betting it was so that others down the dissemination chain could see the names of Trump associates — names the investigating agencies that originally collected the information had determined not to unmask.

Third, and finally, let’s consider the dissemination chain Rice had in mind.

The most telling remark that former Obama deputy defense secretary Evelyn Farkas made in her now-infamous MSNBC interview was the throw-away line at the end: “That’s why you have all the leaking.”

Put this in context: Farkas had left the Obama administration in 2015, subsequently joining the presidential campaign of, yes, Hillary Clinton — Trump’s opponent. She told MSNBC that she had been encouraging her former Obama-administration colleagues and members of Congress to seek “as much information as you can” from the intelligence community.

“That’s why you have the leaking.”

To summarize: At a high level, officials like Susan Rice had names unmasked that would not ordinarily be unmasked. That information was then being pushed widely throughout the intelligence community in unmasked form . . . particularly after Obama, toward the end of his presidency, suddenly — and seemingly apropos of nothing — changed the rules so that all of the intelligence agencies (not just the collecting agencies) could have access to raw intelligence information.

As we know, the community of intelligence agencies leaks like a sieve, and the more access there is to juicy information, the more leaks there are. Meanwhile, former Obama officials and Clinton-campaign advisers, like Farkas, were pushing to get the information transferred from the intelligence community to members of Congress, geometrically increasing the likelihood of intelligence leaks.

By the way, have you noticed that there have been lots of intelligence leaks in the press?

There’s an old saying in the criminal law: The best evidence of a conspiracy is success.

The criminal law also has another good rule of thumb: Consciousness of guilt is best proved by false exculpatory statements. That’s a genre in which Susan Rice has rich experience.

Two weeks ago, she was asked in an interview about allegations by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R., Calif.) that the Obama administration had unmasked Trump-team members.

“I know nothing about this,” Rice replied. “I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.”

Well, at least she didn’t blame it on a video.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...aign-members-obama-administration-fbi-cia-nsa

ha ha

because they have nothing left!

That plus they can't admit to themselves that America voted against their agenda. It MUST be something else. Don't forget the thousands of state and local seats they've lost over the last eight years too.

Susan Rice is not going to appear before congress to testify. And if she does, she will repeatedly plead the 5th. There will be no answers, there will be no charges, and another Obama admin criminal will walk. It is ridiculous that so many obviously guilty government officials can commit felonies and just plead the 5th and that is the end of it. Bunch of horse ****.

Susan Rice is not going to appear before congress to testify. And if she does, she will repeatedly plead the 5th. There will be no answers, there will be no charges, and another Obama admin criminal will walk. It is ridiculous that so many obviously guilty government officials can commit felonies and just plead the 5th and that is the end of it. Bunch of horse ****.

Reminds me of ....

Trey Gowdy will scowl at her and get some soundbites that will only be played on Fox, and that will be the end of it.

just like I perdicted!!!!!!!!!!

MSNBC Panel: GOP Criticizing Rice ‘Maybe Because She’s A Black Woman’

MSNBC host Chris Matthews and MSNBC contributor David Corn believe they know why Republicans have a problem with President Barack Obama’s former National Security Advisor Susan Rice – her gender and her skin color. In discussing how Republicans reacted to Rice, who it was revealed this week asked for names of Trump campaign officials to be unmasked in intelligence reports, telling conflicting stories in the past few weeks, Matthews observed, “Notice it’s always a female? Just a thought.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/m...ybe-because-shes-a-black-woman-video/?print=1

Susan Rice is going to plead the 5th. MSM will turn these accusations into personal attacks on Rice because of her gender or ethnicity, just as any fair objection to anything Obama did was turned into racist hatred. Anyone wanting the USA to enforce immigration laws is a racist.

And in other utterly shockingly profound news, Barry Manilow has told the world he is gay. No one saw that one coming either.

http://people.com/music/barry-manilow-hid-sexuality-thought-being-gay-would-disappoint-fans/

well that escalated quickly

McConnell Backs Investigation Into Rice On Flynn Unmasking

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday backed calls for a congressional investigation into allegations that Susan Rice, the national security adviser to former President Barack Obama, “unmasked” Trump transition officials in intelligence reports for political purposes.

"I have asked the [Senate] Intelligence Committee, Sen. [Richard] Burr, Sen. [Mark] Warner, to conduct a bipartisan investigation of this whole episode," McConnell told Fox News anchor Dana Perino in an interview. "They will conduct it. Hopefully at the end we will find out what happened and they will issue a report, I hope, on a bipartisan basis.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/mcconnell-susan-rice-flynn-236888

This goes way higher then Rice. Will she cave and give up names?...

This is just the tip of the iceberg

This goes way higher then Rice. Will she cave and give up names?...

This is just the tip of the iceberg

Dems almost never do but maybe this is why Bammy is vacationing with 54 other men on Marlon Brando's former private island that has no extradition treaty with the U.S.
Guys' getaway where they can be themselves. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Getting in touch with His real self. Just sayin'.

Susan Rice's Domestic Spying is a National security Nightmare

What a fitting cherry atop the Barack Obama legacy of eroding American safety: it turns out his National Security advisor was rifling through countless conversations that just happened to involve private citizens, in a quest to block Donald Trump’s path to the presidency.

I know Susan Rice’s story is that sure, there was unmasking but she in no way leaked details in an attempt to harm Trump. We can all evaluate how credible that is, coming from a woman who lied about Benghazi in service to an administration that mobilized the IRS against conservatives. But as we prepare for her testimony under oath about these matters, we must realize that political mischief is not the worst element of this story.

The fact is that if Susan Rice and others in the Obama White House were vacuuming up every piece of intel they could find about the Trump team and Russia (or anybody else for that matter), the election-year dirty tricks pale in comparison to the profound damage these stunts would inflict on our entire national security landscape.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3541566/posts

------------------

This should be front page news all around the world

2qJx3ce.jpg

I hope that Senator Paul uses this as a platform to roll back the NSA spying on all of us.

What it did is expose all the corrupt Obama regime as liars

Susan Rice Lied about Syrian Chemical Weapons

The chemical weapon attack by the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad on the rebel-held town Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib Province on April 4 once again underscores what a foreign policy failure President Obama was and what a serial liar Susan Rice is.

On January 16, 2017, Rice, who served as U.N. ambassador during Obama’s first term and was rewarded for her Benghazi lies with the post of National Security Advisor, where she could be compelled to testify before Congress, gave what amounted to an exit interview with NPR. During the interview she crowed about the Obama administration’s success in eliminating the threat of Syrian chemical weapons:

"We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile."

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...l_weapons.html

----------------------

“I din do nuffin “.

I just read an opinion piece that included an accounting of some of this traitors' outright lies to the American people. I knew of the Obama Era ones. I didn't know about the Clinton Era treasonous actions on her part. Reportedly, that is. After the bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, Ms. Rice floated the bullshit to the public that our embassies were safe. She also, reportedly, was very prominent in the forces that convinced Clinton to refuse Sudan's offer to deliver Bin Laden. Are you ******* kidding me? This is the "leadership" of our country? This is so disgusting. I could puke.

If anyone here wants to tout dem "leadership" in any of the scandals that this ***** lied to cover up, I'd love to see the mental gymnastics involved with that analysis.

Has everyone noticed how, since the Syria bombing, the MSM has effectively buried this story. Now they will continue to disregard this case of treason, but will launch an all out attack on Spicer for saying something stupid. The outright duplicity and collusion of the MSM is sickening, and will ultimately lead to its destruction. Does anybody still trust them at this point?

Has everyone noticed how, since the Syria bombing, the MSM has effectively buried this story. Now they will continue to disregard this case of treason, but will launch an all out attack on Spicer for saying something stupid. The outright duplicity and collusion of the MSM is sickening, and will ultimately lead to its destruction. Does anybody still trust them at this point?

Dems and Libtards yes, 110%.