• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ranking The 10 Greatest Steelers Running Backs of All-Time – Who Are Your Choices?

It's good to see that John Henry was included here, but too low in my opinion. I understand that most of these 'lists' are dominated by players of the past 25 years or so just because there aren't as many around who remember the older players. John Henry Johnson was one of the greatest athletes to play in the entire history of the NFL. He was dominant on both sides of the ball for most of his career. He was also recognized as one of the nastiest players to ever play the game; on offense he would run you over then take your head off on defense. He also dominated in an era when it was very difficult for black players to do so. I would have him in the top five of this list, probably at #3.

Well said and it's a shame everyone only remebers the one play fumble of his. He had power but also speed to go with it. Better than most want to admitt and NOT nearly as bad as some make him out to be.

You're right on the list, MAYBE Najee should'n have been on it and Mendenhall ahead of Barry Foster and the rest all drop down one from there still putting hodge at 10.

Salute the nation
Najee makes it because its obvious that his abilities are just on another level and broke Franco Harris' rookie record. Yes it was in 17 games, but no one else did it in 16; as well as doing it behind the worst OL I've ever seen on the Steelers.

Only concern with Najee is Tomlin's ridiculous tendency to run his RBs into the ground.

Statistically on a per game production over his career in Pittsburgh it was Bell #1. Not even close.
Parker is my favorite Steeler, The Bus was a hell of an old school runner but he retires without a ring if it weren't for Fast Willie. Easily the most underrated/underappreciated back in Steeler history.
Mendenhall was all Hype
Najee is a little premature to make this list. I would put Dangelo Williams ahead of Najee