• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rapper cancels concert at OU

Im throwing the bullshit flag out on this. The word is used in too many contexts as an insult by blacks for it to be of no consequence. For example this was said at a convienince store as two black gentleman argued over who was next in line: "Nigga I'll kick your ***." The word is offensive no matter who uses it.

Next I suppose you'll try to tell us "Mutha Fucka" and "Ho" are no different than "Mother ******" and "*****".

You really don't understand black people!

Black people call each other nigger and nigga all of the time. I hear both everyday. It's either good for everybody or not good for everybody just make up your ******* mind and quit using it as a tool to beat people over the head with and cry racism all of the time.

I disagree with you fellas that context has zero impact but I'm not going to belabor the point. I recognize that I'm not about to gain any headway on SN with this one and that's ok. Just trying to give my opinion on the matter for why another group of people might find it ok and even encourage each other to use the word.

On a side note, any time my view on a societal issue in any way shape or form....resembles Elfie's stance on said issue, I'm ****** on it even before I type lol. Sometimes I shake my head as I'm typing because I know it's a moot point. :p

Last edited:
Supersteeler gets it.

btw, I'm only pointing out how the words are different and how they're used/viewed, not how I think things should be. I am a proponent of everyone using all words and only policing intent. If I want to tell a hilarious racist joke, why not? Who am I hurting? I say "****", "****", "*****" profusely, but I harbor no ill will toward women or their vaginas. But when I go call a woman a ****, yeah, that's offensive because I'm intending it to be. "******" is a hilarious word, but I am a proponent of gay marriage and one of my uncles was gay. My grandmother is full Mexican and all growing up I've heard my dad and others in the family make racist jokes regarding "spics" and "beaners" because they're funny. I've never outright called a black person a nigger or a Hispanic person a "spic" and would be offended for them if I saw someone do so, but I'm not about to shelve the words regardless of intent. They're just words...

As to the "Ebonics" point, Ebonics is "black speech"...idgaf what happened 20 years ago with the debate on it being a legitimate language. Come the **** on. "Ebonics" is colloquially used as a term for the black vernacular, this is not new and you're arguing a point that nobody here was alluding to or making. If you want the technical name: "African American Vernacular English".

Also, the fact that blacks also use "nigger" is moot. "They use both words, so that means...THEY'RE THE SAME WORD!" Does that not sounds ridiculous to you? "Nigger" is a supremely derogatory word for a black person, so that precludes them from using it as a joke?

(I was on my way out, so I responded to the points in the post without quoting everyone individually, sorry)

Ask a person of color and the gist of what they'll say is that "nigger" is a slur while "nigga" is akin to "dude"/"bro"/"brother". They're the only ones it should matter to in the same way that "******" being offensive only really matters to gays.

Yo, where my crackas at?

Call it racially unfair if you want...
But isn't that the very definition of racism, being racially unfair?

If white people took to calling each other cracka as an alleged term of emdearment, and threatened to harm or kill any black person who did the same, what would you call that?

Would you say that any black person upset by that arrangement would be a closet racist because they must really feel the need to use the word cracka? Or would you say they have a legitemite gripe against a bullshit and racist policy?

If white people took to calling each other cracka as an alleged term of emdearment, and threatened to harm or kill any black person who did the same, what would you call that?

Would you say that any black person upset by that arrangement would be a closet racist because they must really feel the need to use the word cracka? Or would you say they have a legitemite gripe against a bullshit and racist policy?

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner.

If you forget everything that has happened in history, which is what most here seem to want everyone to do, then suppose you may have a point. Note, that I am NOT saying that minorities should be given a free pass for bad actions or given special privileges. You can check back to the Fergusen thread if you want proof of my feelings on that. However, the fact that lynch mobs of Blacks never hung white people from trees, chased them out of towns or blasted them with fire hoses all while referring to them as Crackers would probably lessen the "tit for tat" aspect of that particular scenario.

Last edited:
Richard Pryor (RIP), ahead of the game 33 years ago.

*Profanity Alert* (I mean, hey, it's Richard Pryor.)

Last edited:
If you forget everything that has happened in history, which is what most here seem to want everyone to do, then suppose you may have a point. Note, that I am NOT saying that minorities should be given a free pass for bad actions or given special privileges. You can check back to the Fergusen thread if you want proof of my feelings on that. However, the fact that lynch mobs of Blacks never hung white people from trees, chased them out of towns or blasted them with fire hoses all while referring to them as Crackers would probably lessen the "tit for tat" aspect of that particular scenario.
We're supposed to learn from history, and use that knowledge to make us better people, not give us power over people whose ancestors may have once had power over us.

No one wants anyone to forget history, just to realize that it IS history. I am not guilty of those crimes, and others need to realize that they don't need to be victims of those crimes. Those things happened, but they happened a long time ago, to people we haven't met, by people we haven't met. You can't move forward if you're always looking back.

My ancestors where deported from Scotland in something called the Highland clearances. Should I use that as an excuse to react violently to any British person that called me a Yank? The thing about the slavery argument is that it ended 150 years ago and the Africans that wound up as slaves here were sold into slavery by Africans in Africa. Young black men raised in fatherless families running in gangs have done more damage to the black community and killed more black people than the Klukkers ever did. So Y.T. Guilt isn't going to change my opinion. the word Nigger is offensive period and the double standard in its use only prolongs racism and promotes the racial divide.

Our nation is divided into two sectors...those who work to make a good life for themselves and those who want to live off of others. The race card is just an additional tool for some of the latter who are looking for a handout.

Supersteeler gets it.

btw, I'm only pointing out how the words are different and how they're used/viewed, not how I think things should be

We all get that a double standard exists. But that's crazy, it shouldn't be that way. So an attempt to explain it, is an attempt to explain craziness.

This has zero relevance to the thread.

Hell, it's 2015, it has relevance to nothing.

Last edited: