• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Red States Are The Most Dependant States

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/republican-states-most-dependent-government_n_5035877.html

Its kind of funny but the red states are the takers and the blue states pay 75% of all federal taxes.
The leading reason is that conservative state governments don't spend enough to develop their
citizens into being productive self sufficient members of society. The people who get screwed are the
blue state folks who invest in their citizens and then have to subsidize the states that don't.

If kids don't get a good education, have access to healthcare, access to college, grow up hungry, then
they can't live up to their potential and you get a big federal government that has to support them.

Conservatism leads to big government.

Vader

Reaction score
You've posted this **** before and obviously haven't learned a thing. From the article:

While the rankings are obviously somewhat arbitrary -- one would get different results using different metrics

ark steel

Reaction score
You've posted this **** before and obviously haven't learned a thing. From the article:

and one might drill further than looking at how they voted in teh presidential election to determine whether they are red or blue states?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Texas says that ******* poster is a joke...as do all the cali plates driving around town looking for work

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Conservatism leads to big government.

It's the "same ole- same ole" with these Libs, I too remember this debate and it reminds me of that age old mantra of the Left...Keep repeating the same bullshit and eventually people will start to believe it.

To me the typical "Blue State" would be California, New York, Illinois, Michigan and any other State with a high number of professors and union bosses. How many of those States are financially solvent ?

Luckily I live in a "swing" State, at least I can still voice my opinion without being called a 'racist, homophobic or women hater.......(shudder the thought) and I can buy a gun without having the good **** removed before delivery. (sorry ER4P).

A famous fraud said, “Ask not what your country can do for you,” but that’s just what everybody does ask. Best I can tell, lots of folk love the United States till their gums bleed, but don’t want to do anything for it except run it broke. Congress takes bribes the way a Las Vegas slot machine eats quarters. Big Pharma swindles the public like a riverboat gambler with three decks of aces in his pockets. The Pentagon ain’t nothing but Section Eight housing with five walls, and the food stamp roles swell like particleboard flooring under a leaky toilet.

I guess with lots of practice I might learn to love hookworm, or leprosy, or even rap music like they have on the radio out of Wheeling—though that may be stretching it. But I can’t go lower. I got my limits.

Go to a Blue State, see how your limits are stretched and your pocketbook too !

The already-broke Illinois legislature wants to spend $100 million to build Obama's presidential library. I honestly can't think of anything more symbolically perfect.

Last edited:

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Geeze....getting smacked around in other's threads wasn't enough I guess, had to start one of your very own? At least do something original and that hasn't already been exposed for being the BS that this is.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Posted and debunked on the old board already.
P.S. Here in PA the vast majority of counties are red, the bluest of the blue is Philly and they take in SO MUCH more state money than they kick in in taxes that there is actually an economic term for it called "The Philadelphia Problem".

Last edited:

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
So, in spite of needing much more help than the elitist democrats pushing big government, and just as much help as the big city welfare victims of these policies, these folks stay true to their core conservative values.

Not surprisingly, democrats just can't wrap their heads around that.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
So, in spite of needing much more help than the elitist democrats pushing big government, and just as much help as the big city welfare victims of these policies, these folks stay true to their core conservative values.

Not surprisingly, democrats just can't wrap their heads around that.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
A lot of the money red states get is farm subsidies. Ask yourself this: What would happen if red states lost their farm subsidies versus what would happen if blue states lost their welfare payments?

Vader

Reaction score
Posted and debunked on the old board already.
P.S. Here in PA the vast majority of counties are red, the bluest of the blue is Philly and they take in SO MUCH more state money than they kick in in taxes that there is actually an economic term for it called "The Philadelphia Problem".

Right. I know people don't care about Mississippi but if you look at the demographics you'll see that it is 38% black. Many counties in the delta are 99% black. Almost all of them receive welfare. In the mostly white parts of the state very few receive federal subsidies except for the farm subsidies. You need to look at the total demographic instead of just the state. But you can't expect liberals to do any work so you have to do it for them.

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Here's an example of a "blue" state

PA_Election_Penn_State.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Here's an example of a "blue" state

PA_Election_Penn_State.jpg
Actually CA is similar. It's only the coastal counties that are Democrat. The whole central and eastern portion of the state is GOP.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Where is the money made in PA? In Philly and Pitt. The rest of the state is rural.

If I were designing a society to be government dependent the first thing I would do is make Healthcare unaffordable. That way when the poor didn't
get proper treatment, they would end up with chronic diseases or disabled and need the government the rest of their lives. A single payer system
would be the only way to prevent this dependency. Only 1 of the 33 developed countries doesn't understand this.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Where is the money made in PA? In Philly and Pitt. The rest of the state is rural.

If I were designing a society to be government dependent the first thing I would do is make Healthcare unaffordable. That way when the poor didn't
get proper treatment, they would end up with chronic diseases or disabled and need the government the rest of their lives. A single payer system
would be the only way to prevent this dependency. Only 1 of the 33 developed countries doesn't understand this.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

Uhh Where is the money spent? Philly and Pittsburgh in higher quantities than it comes in.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I doubt that. Its rural areas that cost a lot to support. Kids need bussed far for school, lots of extra telephone lines, remote post offices, long transport of energy.
Rural life is expensive to support.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I doubt that. Its rural areas that cost a lot to support. Kids need bussed far for school, lots of extra telephone lines, remote post offices, long transport of energy.

ark steel

Reaction score
The list of things you don't understand is astounding.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

Wait..wait...What ? "Rural areas cost a lot to support" and urban areas don't ?
You really do believe that the Federal gubmint supplies your every need, don't you.

"Kids need bussed far for school."..and just who pays for that ? I'm guessin' that our property taxes, lessin' you know something I don't, and if you're gunna say that federal taxes are subsidizing it, then I'll say.."where's that money coming from, certainly not from the cities.

"long transport of energy"....next time you buy gas, notice that there are different prices the further out you get from the from the supplier and that includes all energy. The Gov't only owns GM, not the utilities.

"lots of extra telephone lines.."...same thing, you might be surprised to know that utilities actually make money and charge people to get a product...they aren't gov't owned either, just over regulated by it.

Truth be known, the cities are desperate for suburban tax money to prop up their meager tax base. Many cities are trying to incorporate their suburbs for the additional funds and there are suburbs trying to incorporate their own cities to get away from the tax drain and lack of representation they get from their local municipalities.

Libs...ya gotta love their passion but they just know so much that just ain't so.

Xc944

Reaction score
What's even funnier is the top ranked states for education are lib states. All the top income states are lib states and the states with lowest gun murder rates are ilb states yet you rednecks claim libs are dumb. Funny how that works out maybe you should call one of you dem buddies to explain it to you

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey....you're already here.........how 'bout you go ahead and explain it? And maybe provide some linkage.

Let me take a stab. I think it has something to do with blaming Bush.