• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Releasing Joe Schobert Would Save Nearly 8 Million

He needs his contract reworked, 6M avg 3 years total
I would give Joe another year. At least let him get 1full training camp in. I would not judge anyone off of last years defense. So many key injuries.

And it doesn't really safe 8m. His replacement probs won't be a rookie so we would have to pay a vet to take his spot

He needs his contract reworked, 6M avg 3 years total
hope so yes. but it is a 2 way street. 1 of the 31 other teams will probably offer him the 8mill based on his past performance

Shoebert can't stop the run like Williams could, and Williams only got 4 M. Shoebert, if retained, shouldn't be offered more than that.

Shoebert can't stop the run like Williams could, and Williams only got 4 M. Shoebert, if retained, shouldn't be offered more than that.
Ilbs get paid these days based on their ability to cover TE’s and Rb’s… literally a great runstopping ilb with no coverage ability might get 2 million for his abilities while shobert got paid that hideous contract simply for coverage… i mean Avery williamson and robert Spillane are basically the same dude… all runstopping, no coverage… williamson might have beeon a practice squad last year and spillane was available to us a couple years ago despite some starting experience because nobody cares about runstopping anymore

The Steelers better care about run stopping because teams ran right up the middle on them. But if Tomlin doesn't care we will likely be 6-11 next season.

Dump Ebron,Schobert, Banner and Tuitt. Draft QB who can sit and learn while MR or Haskins get thumped.. Then draft OL, DL, ILB. Try to sign JuJu. Try to sign Haden. Sign a FA WR. It's a start.

Haden already was losing a step and dangerously average in coverage, I’d pass on resigning Haden unless it is an extremely team friendly deal.

Bye Joe. Bye Stephon. Bye Eric.

Now go spend money on some GREAT FA's!!!
Just will be surprised if they show Scho to the door. Unless there is an obvious upgrade they want to bring in.

I would give Joe another year. At least let him get 1full training camp in. I would not judge anyone off of last years defense. So many key injuries.

And it doesn't really safe 8m. His replacement probs won't be a rookie so we would have to pay a vet to take his spot
I like Haden. He was a guy who fit in from day one and acted like he's been in the black and gold his whole career. However, they should've cut him last year in favor of keeping Nelson and Hilton. It's better to let a guy go a year too earlier rather than a year too late.

I like Haden. He was a guy who fit in from day one and acted like he's been in the black and gold his whole career. However, they should've cut him last year in favor of keeping Nelson and Hilton. It's better to let a guy go a year too earlier rather than a year too late.
Think he was referring to the other Joe.

Just will be surprised if they show Scho to the door. Unless there is an obvious upgrade they want to bring in.
Remember our logic about the true state of the OL and how we should have money to fix it?

Well, based on that, I would go NT or WR Rd.1.

Rd.2 - I'm snatching a new ILB (Christian Harris or Quay Walker)

sorry bud meant Schobert

Remember our logic about the true state of the OL and how we should have money to fix it?

Well, based on that, I would go NT or WR Rd.1.

Rd.2 - I'm snatching a new ILB (Christian Harris or Quay Walker)
There's only one worthy NT in the 1st round

I was disappointed w/ Schobert. I thought he could be a Farrior type signing, but Schobert didnt pan out. I think he was better than Bush, but not 8mil worth.

Yep - Jordan Davis
I would be almost as happy with Travis Jones in 2. He should be a solid get if available. Say they go RT or C or RG in 1.