• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Remaining six weeks schedule

Football is meant to be played Sunday at 1:00. Also, daylight savings is where it's at, standard time blows. It's dark when you wake up and dark when you get home.

If the Steelers want to be serious contenders they really need to come out an win the next four games. I'm not sure they're good enough quite yet to feel confident with that. The Colts is the toughest game during that stretch, but again, a serious contender wins that game. I had Seattle as a loss as well. Is it possible the Steelers could win in Vegas, LA, and Seattle in one season?
1pm games after the bullshit daylight saving time kills the entire day time. at least 4pm games allow you to have 8-9 hours of day time before you go inside.

It is a big “downer” as to how far this PROUD Franchise has fallen. What once we thought was a gimme win, is now a hope like hell we don’t play down to their level. Overlook anyone……… playoff implications…………..

Even though O’Canada was a major problem there is still the originator of the hiring.

I’m excited for this team In spite of coaching, but also hope (play the violin) the coaching steps up as well.

A well oiled machine it’s not, but still it is our machine.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
PS

It is very possible we close out 6-0

And currently that might just be enough to get the first round bye.

Salute the nation

PS

It is very possible we close out 6-0

And currently that might just be enough to get the first round bye.

Salute the nation

Nah 0-6 fer Sure…
We will overlook the woeful Cardinals
Evil Belicheat magic will trip us up Thursday
The Colts are a borderline playoff team we will play in Indy…
The Bengals are going to revenge game us on our home turf
Seattle is a west coast game we are due to lose one of those
And Baltimore is so great with LameAr that tgey are invincible

Yep.. 0-6 losing record.. no hope… lets start doing mock drafts!!!
🤣

1pm games after the bullshit daylight saving time kills the entire day time. at least 4pm games allow you to have 8-9 hours of day time before you go inside.

Daylight savings time happens in the spring... We are currently on "Normal" time. Adopting daylight savings all year round would be best.

The good things about this:
1. Its right after a Thursday night game, so we have a 9 game break instead of a short week
2 it’s right before the Bengals game tge next Saturday… so we will get a full week in between those games

The Bad things…

1. Its a ******* Saturday game… we suck on Saturdays… Saturday football is the worst
2. Its two Saturdays in a row, and after a ******* Thursday night game… these schedule makers despise us lol

It sucks. I have a concert I am going to. Which means I have to record the game and see it when I get home. *******.

Steelers 11-19 in Saturday games…

But they had been struggling in Thursday night games for a while then turned it around.. so who knows

Steelers 11-19 in Saturday games…

But they had been struggling in Thursday night games for a while then turned it around.. so who knows
We played in 30 Saturday games? Never would have thought that.

We played in 30 Saturday games? Never would have thought that.
I think that is just during the Super Bowl era… thats the record I keep seeing on Saturday game related articles… stat muse says we are 27-21 all time… thats 48 games, but some are vs teams that definitely don’t exist anymore lol..

The good things about this:
1. Its right after a Thursday night game, so we have a 9 game break instead of a short week
2 it’s right before the Bengals game tge next Saturday… so we will get a full week in between those games

The Bad things…

1. Its a ******* Saturday game… we suck on Saturdays… Saturday football is the worst
2. Its two Saturdays in a row, and after a ******* Thursday night game… these schedule makers despise us lol
You left out good thing number 3:

It's on 8:30am Sunday instead of 5am Monday here so I have a chance to see it especially as it's not competing against 6+ other games for two television slots, as it does on Sunday your time.

We likely go 3-3 down the stretch.

Choosy mothers that choose Jif won't be happy walking to church on Xmas morning in the dark. Sunrise won't be until 8:30 a.m. for DST . And kids that are opening presents at 6 a.m. Will drive parents crazy for 2.5 hours until it gets light outside and so they can ride their new bike or sleds. DST during winter months is what killed the notion last time.

When I was a kid in the 70s I loved the Saturday games. The Steelers usually won and then you could relax knowing a win was in the bag and just watch the Sunday games. The only loss I really remember on a Saturday during that era was against the Bengals in '77. I remember it so well cause I got to stomping around or whatever and tilted the damn Christmas tree over. I still remember those long tear drop ornaments against the floor kinda draped there with the tree on a slant. I'm lucky I survived that one.

In '78 they played the Colts in a snow storm on a Saturday. That was a fun game.

My nightmare scenario

Vs Arizona we come out and get to a two to three score lead real early, then do that thing where we try to sot on a lead for 3 quarters only to see Midget Murray get the ball down 6 points with like 3 minutes to go in the 4th and we prevent D our was to a last second loss

Then Thursday Night we come out flat as dough under a rolling pin and just get so far behind right away that we become the final New England win for Bill Belicheater. In the post game comments Tomlinn uses tge “ unleash Hell” quote and we all know the season is effectively over

That Saturday we come out in a heavy zone D and Gardner Minshew drops 50 on us because he eats Zone alive and you have to be fundamentally brain dead to ise it a lot vs him

Then the following Saturday we jump ahead of Cinci but ultimately let whatever bum the Bengals have playing somehow tie us in the final moments of the 4th and we end the game in OT with tge most aggravating outcome .. a Tie

Left for dead at 7-7-1 whispers of better draft picks and a new staff dance in our head

But we go to Seattle and win a game we never should have…

Then go to Baltimore with some tiny chance of playoff chances if we win and like six other teams lose… and we win a thriller

But then Cleveland also wins and eeks in to the playoffs agead of us as The seventh seed, then goes on a tear to the Super Bowl and wins it with Joe Flacco

Instantly the world, no longer wanting to exist in a timeline that has the Browns winning a super bowl, implodes into a black hole and that is how the Pittsburgh Steelers caused the end of existence …

However Tomlin ends time with another year of non losing…

My nightmare scenario:

Vs Arizona we come out and get to a two to three score lead real early, then do that thing where we try to sot on a lead for 3 quarters only to see Midget Murray get the ball down 6 points with like 3 minutes to go in the 4th and we prevent D our was to a last second loss.

Then Thursday Night we come out flat as dough under a rolling pin and just get so far behind right away that we become the final New England win for Bill Belicheater. In the post game comments Tomlin uses the “ unleash Hell” quote and we all know the season is effectively over.

That Saturday we come out in a heavy zone D and Gardner Minshew drops 50 on us because he eats Zone alive and you have to be fundamentally brain dead to ise it a lot vs him.

Then the following Saturday we jump ahead of Cinci but ultimately let whatever bum the Bengals have playing somehow tie us in the final moments of the 4th and we end the game in OT with the most aggravating outcome .. a tie.

Left for dead at 7-7-1 whispers of better draft picks and a new staff dance in our head.

But we go to Seattle and win a game we never should have…

Then go to Baltimore with some tiny chance of playoff chances if we win and like six other teams lose… and we win a thriller.

But then Cleveland also wins and eeks in to the playoffs ahead of us as the seventh seed, then goes on a tear to the Super Bowl and wins it with Joe Flacco.

Instantly the world, no longer wanting to exist in a timeline that has the Browns winning a super bowl, implodes into a black hole and that is how the Pittsburgh Steelers caused the end of existence …

However Tomlin ends time with another year of non losing…
All is actually plausible. Except Cleveland I expect them to take their usual place in the universe. Laying below the Steelers in the fetal position.

I just hope the new offensive duo is hungry enough to catapult the team into the playoffs.