• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Renegade, over played, over hyped or just right >>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of my favourite songs all time ......... so hell yes I look forward to hearing it when I am able to attend a game............ it energizes the crowd...

Very disappointed with you Drink ..... throwing shade on a Steelers tradition ... especially after you dropped the ball a couple of years ago by holding onto your millions and allowing some outsider to rename our stadium ACRISURE..... You could have easily just ponied up the cash and called it IRON CITY or traded that luxury S10 for some giant ketchup bottles and kept it Heinz Field. You can't take it with you ....my boy........lol

NO shade intended, but hell yes on the rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

One of my favourite songs all time ......... so hell yes I look forward to hearing it when I am able to attend a game............ it energizes the crowd...

Very disappointed with you Drink ..... throwing shade on a Steelers tradition ... especially after you dropped the ball a couple of years ago by holding onto your millions and allowing some outsider to rename our stadium ACRISURE..... You could have easily just ponied up the cash and called it IRON CITY or traded that luxury S10 for some giant ketchup bottles and kept it Heinz Field. You can't take it with you ....my boy........lol
The song is played but I really do like Iron City Stadium. F Acrisure for sure

I have always thought the idea that professional athlete's who make Millions of $$$$ need a song to make them play better is stupid.

that being said I like the song and it reminds me of Troy.

1) I step it up a notch every time I hear it !!!

2) The LS10 goes approximately 7.8-to-13.31 MPH faster, pending on the volume and how much fuel weight there is.!!!

3) My friend is more accurate when he’s target practicing !!

4) TJ has never fallen in his S.Pool while listening to it….

5) Coooch plays it durring all trade deals, After trade deadline and ONLY for non-rostered player he is trading…….

Salute the nation

There should be rules about playing it..
1. Never in the first half of a game, or maybe never outside of the 4th quarter
2. Never in a blowout in either direction
3. Never in the first third of the season unless against a division rival or extremely key game.
4.Never if the team is out of playoff contention
4a Never in any game without playoffs implications… so the last game of a season where they have nothing to play for should not have it.
5. Always in games where they are honoring players from the renegade era…

I’m not saying these rules exactly, but I think there should be some limitations so as it actually means something whilst playing it.

Salute the nation

I’m not saying these rules exactly, but I think there should be some limitations so as it actually means something whilst playing it.
The only time they don't play it is if they're getting blown out, which is rare. Again, when I hear fans that flew into Pittsburgh for their first game ever, they cannot wait to hear Renegade. It's become just as much of the gameday experience as waving the Terrible Towel. You cannot take that away from the fans who dream of making just one game.

The only time they don't play it is if they're getting blown out, which is rare. Again, when I hear fans that flew into Pittsburgh for their first game ever, they cannot wait to hear Renegade. It's become just as much of the gameday experience as waving the Terrible Towel. You cannot take that away from the fans who dream of making just one game.
We don't seem to get the results of years past. That is unfortunate for them. It seemed really special at one time.

Keep it, as a fan who doesn't get to a home game once every 10 years or so, I look forward to it. I would assume there are limitations on when they play it. 4th quarter, crucial situation and usually a one score game. The last time I attended it worked vs the Rats in Ben's last home game vs them.

I’m NOT for eliminating it.

Maybe play it just before / Kick Off opening the game, that would be one sure time it could be used.

Than situational after that…………………

Over-playing takes the STING out of it. I’m sure there definitely is a fourth quarter chance as well, somewhere in the game scheme.

Salute the nation

I’m NOT for eliminating it.

Maybe play it just before / Kick Off opening the game, that would be one sure time it could be used.

Than situational after that…………………

Over-playing takes the STING out of it. I’m sure there definitely is a fourth quarter chance as well, somewhere in the game scheme.

Salute the nation
It's already played situationally in a close game in the fourth quarter. They do play it when the Steelers are winning big as well for the fan experience, but we also know the Steelers don't win big often.

It's already played situationally in a close game in the fourth quarter. They do play it when the Steelers are winning big as well for the fan experience, but we also know the Steelers don't win big often.

MAYBE, we could play it in a play off win….. that would be a new twist….. :rofl:

Salute the nation

Article is a “Home Page” read and very good at that.

It actually gives some stats to back up some of the results.

BEN & TJ give a little insight into their view of the song as well……………….

I haven’t been to a game in quite a while, but it seems to be overly used at times From what I can hear on the TV.

Been using it for 20+ years now, maybe time for a new “fight” song to go with wining a playoff game or two………. YOU know, try something new in both regards………..

Salute the nation

I don't know. When did the steelers start playing this song? We have not won a playoff game in six years. It's obvisouly not working!

I don't know. When did the steelers start playing this song? We have not won a playoff game in six years. It's obvisouly not working!

It started when Tomlin became coach and we've never had a losing season., so it's working good enough.

It started when Tomlin became coach and we've never had a losing season., so it's working good enough.

I think that tune has played out. It's old and like I said it will be seven years in the best case scenario until the Steeler make the playoffs. Has any other head coach duplicated this dubious " record " in the history of the NFL? If so, who? Tomlin needs to go and last time I checked his contact expires in early 2024. So we can simply let him go. Art Rooney II won't fire him...ever.

It is about a guy that is about to get hung. How does that relate to football?