• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – Steelers Re-Signing Ahkello Witherspoon ‘Soon’

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are reportedly nearing a deal with Ahkello Witherspoon. This is big news for the Steelers as they’re able to lock down one of their own top free agents.

I’m told the #Steelers should be resigning CB Akhello Witherspoon soon. S Terrell Edmunds is rightly testing the market. We know CB Cam Sutton can play slot. So you prob need an outside CB, another S (to start w/ Minkah), an ILB (to start w/ Bush). Rank importance, Steelers fans.

— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) March 14, 2022

Now with Joe Haden likely leaving in free agency the Steelers will be able to fill his starting spot with Witherspoon who had a strong showing in the last few weeks of the season. He ended up with three interceptions on the season including 2 in one game against Minnesota.

Contract details aren’t available yet, but check back all day for Steelers updates.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Yeah I saw that circulating. And of all the Steelers free agents he makes the most sense. He has a legit chance to start on the outside opposite Sutton.

Good. Spent a 5th in 2023 draft to get him so keeping him makes the deal a lot better.

Get a genuine #1 with pick 20 (my guy, Elam, fits the bill), Witherspoon #2, Sutton slot and dime and now only one S spot needs to be filled to create a very solid secondary. Lots of coverage sacks for TJ!

Good move!!! If no elite tackle is available in round one, I hope they take a hard look at McDuffie CB from Washington.

Good move!!! If no elite tackle is available in round one, I hope they take a hard look at McDuffie CB from Washington.

I would not mind McDuffie in the least. I prefer Elam because he is bigger and faster, and played three seasons in the SEC against Alabama, Georgia, and LSU wide receivers. Seriously, look at who the dude went up against - Jerry Jeudy, Davonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, Jaylen Waddle, Ja'Marr Chase, Jameson Williams, John Metchie III, George Pickens. That group would be the best WR corps in NFL history, even with Ruggs serving 25 years for killing people.

Witherspoon played some outstanding football down the stretch. He also spent half his time here not dressing for games. I'd assume his play is somewhere in between and that he's coming back on a good contract. Nice move and definitely a top priority.