• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – Steelers Signing LB Genard Avery

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are making another free agent signing, their first outside free agent addition since the first week of free agency. The team is reportedly expected to sign linebacker Genard Avery to a one-year contract. He played last season for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Former #Eagles LB Genard Avery is expected to sign with the #Steelers on a one-year deal, source said.

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 28, 2022

Avery was originally drafted in the 5th round by the Cleveland Browns in 2018. He started 12 games last season for the Eagles, but had a missed tackle percentage of 12.2%.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I assume it's for the buck position. Actually posted a 4.59 40 and 6.9 three cone and 26 reps at combine which are pretty good numbers. He is short, 6 feet with only 31 inch arms at 250 lbs. Not much production in the NFL.

I’m calling it now, he’ll be the best Avery since Steve.

This signals they wont be bringing back Taco Charlton… who did ok there… Tomlin obsessively only retains 4 olbs and always has one of them as a pure special teams ace… so basically next to nt its the least depth on the D… but we will have six ilbs and all but like one will be scrubs… so an injury or two and we are annually searching the waiver wire for pieces

Is he an OLber? Seems like he would fit better at ILBer size wise....

I was interested in him in the '18 draft. He hasn't done much though.

I assume it's for the buck position. Actually posted a 4.59 40 and 6.9 three cone and 26 reps at combine which are pretty good numbers. He is short, 6 feet with only 31 inch arms at 250 lbs. Not much production in the NFL.
I think he'll play outside...hopefully better than #48...

I think he'll play outside...hopefully better than #48...
I know Deebo played outside and flourished. I consider him to be the exception with his size factored in. They might put him in Taco's spot but very curious if they move him inside... You would think his speed would help in pass coverage. Possibly...