• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report – Steelers Will Only Select Kenny Pickett; Will Go Offensive Tackle If He’s Gone

Unless I’m unaware this exists somewhere, I’d like to see every “report”/speculation/insider dirt/etc stated about the draft vs what actually happens to show how full of manure all these overpaid fable spinners really are.

Way more accurate than any talking head prediction.

Salute the nation

Unless I’m unaware this exists somewhere, I’d like to see every “report”/speculation/insider dirt/etc stated about the draft vs what actually happens to show how full of manure all these overpaid fable spinners really are.
All just pure speculation by click baiters, one of them will have to be right. The draft can't come soon enough for me as all of these stories are beginning to rival the political ads that we're already being bombarded with.

From a purely homer standpoint, being a Pitt grad, I wouldn't be upset with Pickett. From a practical standpoint drafting him or any QB this year would be a mistake.

Just a bunch of hype and suspense. I normally give two ***** about the draft. It's always someone I've never heard of anyway.

This year I actually want a player for round one, the rest I don't care. After he's gone I'll do like I always do and watch something else.

I have here anyway. Our draft guru's are better than anything you get on tv anyway.

This is part of the issue with the NFL pushing the draft back. They wanted another week of content and that's what they're getting. Outlets need to create stories so they're always looking for new angles or changing things up to generate interest. The problem is it creates draft fatigue, which many are experiencing. I love draft content, but I should be gearing up to watch rounds 1-3 on Saturday, not having to wait a week for the dumb primetime lineup.
There’s a difference, though, between draft content and draft click bait / we need numbers, viewers, and clicks.
I LOVE information about the draft.
I’m not a fan of blatant lies and fantasy booking.

This is click bate… the line is set good bad or ugly it’s set and I doubt very much the Steelers want Kenny Pickett … problem with Kenny is he’s average… to win superbowls you have to have great I don’t see the front office straddling the Steelers with Kenny Pickett. we’ll see

There’s a difference, though, between draft content and draft click bait / we need numbers, viewers, and clicks.
I LOVE information about the draft.
I’m not a fan of blatant lies and fantasy booking.
Even quality draft analysts are stretching for content right now. You don't want to wait until five days before the draft to release a draft prospect profile. At that point it comes down to predicting who goes where and they'll never keep mock drafts the same because that is boring to read and doesn't stimulate engagement.

Report: the Steelers are going to draft a Sasquatch. That really has as much validity as these "reports" if anyone in the Steelers inner circle who actually has an idea of that leaked he is gone today. The title should be NFL analyst speculates....
Samsquanch

Yeah look I liked pickett as a later rounder last year… he had potential… as a 24 year old first rounder though…. Wel, look, I think he is probably going to be a starter for ten years or so in the league, but I would not bet on him being an all pro or setting any records… the thing is, whoever gets pickett isn’t going to be trying to draft a qb high anytime soon so if we get him we are locking in whats likely to be an average qb long term at the biggest position in football…

Yeah look I liked pickett as a later rounder last year… he had potential… as a 24 year old first rounder though…. Wel, look, I think he is probably going to be a starter for ten years or so in the league, but I would not bet on him being an all pro or setting any records… the thing is, whoever gets pickett isn’t going to be trying to draft a qb high anytime soon so if we get him we are locking in whats likely to be an average qb long term at the biggest position in football…
I wouldn't hate drafting him but would prefer Ridder.

Giants and Panthers are eye-balling QBs.
Panthers, as stated, were trying to get Deanus in Carolina. Trubisky was choosing between us and New York.
Both may easily go QB in Round 1 - which would mean Willis and Pickett would be off the board. Then Atlanta surfaces - anyone who thinks they're fine with Mariota at QB going forward? Then, of course, is Seattle coming in at 9 to play clean-up on the QB market.

Hopefully Willis and Pickett are both gone, and I'd not mind if Strong and Ridder are, too.

Though, I see:
Willis - 5th pick to NY
Pickett - 6th to Carolina
Corral - 8th pick to Atlanta
Ridder - 9th pick to Seattle
JFC

did you get some talent at Mons Venus to come up with that bit of genius??

That's some funny **** MTC. How many of the American folk know about Trailer Park Boys? My favorite episode is Steve French.
I’ve watched the show for a long time. First got into it in high school 2006 or so. Netflix had the whole series up. Steve french lol. Bubbles mountain lion pet.

My fave is when Julian hooks up with the door to door bible chick.

I’ve watched the show for a long time. First got into it in high school 2006 or so. Netflix had the whole series up. Steve french lol. Bubbles mountain lion pet.

My fave is when Julian hooks up with the door to door bible chick.
All good, but The liquor Snurf is the best episode… when Lahey just goes all out drunk in a swimming pool of blue dyed vodka…

I really liked the comps I’ve seen of Pickett being anywhere from Andy Dalton on the low end to Derek Carr on the high end. Kirk Cousins was another comp. I like Pickett, but he is a second-round talent as is Ridder.

That's some funny **** MTC. How many of the American folk know about Trailer Park Boys? My favorite episode is Steve French.
The Rush episode with Alex Leifson can be watched over and over and be as funny every viewing.

Reactions: MTC
What the **** is an average 10-year long-term QB? Give us a few examples of past QB's that fall into this category, please. If we draft Pickett at 20 and he starts for us for 10 years....I will take it.

I would prefer them taking a big DL than reach for any of these QBs in round 1
Or CB or WR. Any of those three just make value sense.