• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Republicans, Conservatives and Librarians would you back this idea

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Republicans, Conservatives and Libertarians would you back this idea

I felt Obama betrayed the USA in the Iran deal. Essentially he's giving them billions of dollars ( Which can be share shifted for dirty work ) and allows Iran 24 days before an inspection. 24 days? What is the point of an inspection? How can he trust an nation who held USA people captive, lies, sponsors terrorism, enjoys to mock us and burn flags on social media, and has religious radical leaders crazy enough to use WMD's?

In times like this, the interests of the USA must trump politics on both sides of the isle. The Senate needs to over ride Obama’s veto with a 2/3 majority. 66 votes are needed and there are only 54 Republicans. The nation needs 12 more votes.

So he’s my thought, which I hope can be broadcast by someone with media influence.

I promise to vote for any Democrat in the their next election that veto’s Obama’s deal with Iran. Country above politics. This way those braking ranks with a lame duck president, would get a boost by those who honor the pledge. Besides half the politicians are mostly interested in getting re-elected.

Thoughts on this radical idea? At the very least I think it would be a tremendous gesture which underscore the importance of the situation.

Last edited:
Are librarians that strong, politically? Obuma should be impeached for treason.

librarian01a.jpg

yes, they are. they outnumber libertarians, too.

I meant to say Libertarians. My spell check changed it.

You have to remember that Bomma's closest puppetmaster is Valerie Jarrett but don't let her name fool you, she's an Iranian Muslim and one of the reasons that he will do whatever pro-Muslim things he is able to.

I promise to vote for any Democrat in the their next election that veto’s Obama’s deal with Iran. Country above politics. This way those braking ranks with a lame duck president, would get a boost by those who honor the pledge.

How many states do you plan on voting in? Are you an illegal immigrant?

In my opinion people are making way too big a deal about the Iran agreement. It's not like what we were doing was such a kick-*** job. It wasn't like Iran can't trade with Russia and China if we decide to be hard *****. Sanctions only work if you have international support and EVERYONE agrees to the sanctions. The global community was at a point to change their Iran diplomacy. We could stand with Israel alone and be hard ***** while the rest of the world changed their policies or we could be at the table and try to get the most important parts of whatever deal we wanted implemented.

This isn't just US vs. Iran. This is about Europe and Russia and China and Israel and US and Iran.

I think it's not going to make one ounce of difference in the Middle East over the next 20 years. The region will still be unstable. And I'm not any "official" diplomatic policy will change the chances of a nuke getting into the hands of terrorists. That's still primarily an intelligence responsibility, not a white house policy. If anything, I'd rather we be INSIDE Iran on occasion and have access than put up a wall around them and not know what the hell is happening inside.

P.S. And as much as I'm not a fan of Obama, I'd much rather have a president govern and do stuff even if I don't agree with him. Our democracy elected him. Now let him do what he thinks is right. What is tearing this country apart is the simple fact we aren't letting the winners of elections DO anything. The minority just bifurcates every issue no matter what and tries to roadblock any/all action by our government.

The only thing you should be able to do as an elected official is VOTE. Foreign policy is in the realm of the executive branch. Obama is the rightfully elected leader of that branch of government. He's allowed to do this. And Congress has to get 2/3rd vote to really override any foreign policy decision. Congress should shut the **** up, quit dividing the country with stupid "Sky is falling rhetoric" and just vote how they think. If they have 2/3rds, so be it. If they don't, tough ******* luck.

Everyone acts like their panties are in a bunch every time the President does something he's allowed to be doing as President. The country had their chance to not have Obama make decisions and they didn't vote him out. Now stop whining about it.

Last edited:
IP.S. And as much as I'm not a fan of Obama, I'd much rather have a president govern and do stuff even if I don't agree with him. Our democracy elected him. Now let him do what he thinks is right. What is tearing this country apart is the simple fact we aren't letting the winners of elections DO anything. The minority just bifurcates every issue no matter what and tries to roadblock any/all action by our government.
The Democrats are the minority party in both houses of Congress. I am unaware of anything they are trying to do to block him other than the TPP vote.

The only thing you should be able to do as an elected official is VOTE. Foreign policy is in the realm of the executive branch. Obama is the rightfully elected leader of that branch of government. He's allowed to do this. And Congress has to get 2/3rd vote to really override any foreign policy decision. Congress should shut the **** up, quit dividing the country with stupid "Sky is falling rhetoric" and just vote how they think. If they have 2/3rds, so be it. If they don't, tough ******* luck.
Except that what this is is a treaty but Bomma has set it up in reverse so that the Senate needs a 2/3 vote to stop it and not to approve it. That's what the Constitution says.

Everyone acts like their panties are in a bunch every time the President does something he's allowed to be doing as President. The country had their chance to not have Obama make decisions and they didn't vote him out. Now stop whining about it.
He does a lot of things that He's NOT allowed to do as President, however the Republican leadership caves in almost every time. This is why we have separation of powers (allegedly) but apparently you think that He should be able to do whatever He wants without working with Congress. Now I realize that Bomma absolutely HATES working with Congress, He doesn't even meet with the Black Caucus and only minimally with the Democrat leadership. For example the GOP gave him the TPP but then they didn't ask Him for anything in return. Usually that's how politics works but Boehner and McConnell knew he'd say no so they just bent over and took it.

Last edited:
In my opinion people are making way too big a deal about the Iran agreement. It's not like what we were doing was such a kick-*** job. It wasn't like Iran can't trade with Russia and China if we decide to be hard *****. Sanctions only work if you have international support and EVERYONE agrees to the sanctions. The global community was at a point to change their Iran diplomacy. We could stand with Israel alone and be hard ***** while the rest of the world changed their policies or we could be at the table and try to get the most important parts of whatever deal we wanted implemented.

This isn't just US vs. Iran. This is about Europe and Russia and China and Israel and US and Iran.

I think it's not going to make one ounce of difference in the Middle East over the next 20 years. The region will still be unstable. And I'm not any "official" diplomatic policy will change the chances of a nuke getting into the hands of terrorists. That's still primarily an intelligence responsibility, not a white house policy. If anything, I'd rather we be INSIDE Iran on occasion and have access than put up a wall around them and not know what the hell is happening inside.

P.S. And as much as I'm not a fan of Obama, I'd much rather have a president govern and do stuff even if I don't agree with him. Our democracy elected him. Now let him do what he thinks is right. What is tearing this country apart is the simple fact we aren't letting the winners of elections DO anything. The minority just bifurcates every issue no matter what and tries to roadblock any/all action by our government.

Yea, but it appears we didn't get anything in return in this "deal." Isn't that what a deal is? Each side gives something? Exactly what did we get? I can understand the idea your point about the sanctions and all that, but we got nothing in return! Maybe we get inside Iran, but it is at their discretion. It's just crazy.

We have a country which did elect Barak Obama. Elections have consequences. That same country in the 2010 and 2014 mid-terms overwhelmingly went the other way. Don't those elections have consequences? I see, it is only the ones that Democrats win. And in the event, what the hell has the minority stopped? This guy has gotten everything he wants. He has succeeded probably beyond even his wildest dreams. And we are, without question, worse off for it.

The Republicans in charge of congress should be pumping out new laws left and right. THAT's what they should be doing. Instead of trying to gridlock the country and make it seem so ineffective so they can point to the president as the problem and try to get a Republican elected.

I don't understand this whole bullshit idea of "the branches have to work together". The Republicans, if they actually get their act together, should be passing tons and tons of moderate to right-leaning laws and force the President's hand to veto or not. And since he doesn't have line-item veto power if the ******* Republicans in the house and senate worked together they'd get tons of legislation through.

It's not the President that's not working with Congress that's problem. It's the Republican's can't work with each other to get meaningful laws passed in both the House and Senate.

diver brings up an excellent point.

what did Iran conceded in this deal? King Barry didnt even have the foresight to ask for American prisoners in Iran to be released. Goat milk? anything?

The deal sucks on so many fronts. Not only will it let Iran get a nuke, it gives them an instant cash inflow of hundreds of millions a month. Where's that money going to go? Straight to their funding and spreading terrorism. It will go to Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda and the like. The other middle east countries new this was coming when Odumma started negotiated 2 years ago. They have all started an arms race to get their own nukes because they know Iran will use theirs when they get them. Truly a terrible deal no matter how you look at it.

The Republicans in charge of congress should be pumping out new laws left and right. THAT's what they should be doing. Instead of trying to gridlock the country and make it seem so ineffective so they can point to the president as the problem and try to get a Republican elected.

I don't understand this whole bullshit idea of "the branches have to work together". The Republicans, if they actually get their act together, should be passing tons and tons of moderate to right-leaning laws and force the President's hand to veto or not. And since he doesn't have line-item veto power if the ******* Republicans in the house and senate worked together they'd get tons of legislation through.

It's not the President that's not working with Congress that's problem. It's the Republican's can't work with each other to get meaningful laws passed in both the House and Senate.

I am not defending the idiot Republicans, specifically guys like McConnell, Boehner, McCain etc. They aren't leaders. They have no vision. There is only a handful of Republicans who seem to understand what the **** those elections were about in 2010 and 2014. A guy like Ted Cruz, for example.

We didn't vote the way we did in 2010 and 2014 for the Republicans to be Democrat lite. We didn't vote for them to rubber stamp the **** the Democrats are doing to the country. I don't want them working with the Dems. The Dems are systematically destroying the country! Right now I just want them to stop the nonsense.

Here's a radical idea - the Dems are nitwits

This is the liberal way now - 'We Must Empathize with Our Enemies', if only we understand them there, will be no more war

Hitler and Mussolini were just misunderstood and radical Islam is not our enemy

“This is what we call smart power, using every possible tool and partner to advance peace and security, leaving no one on the sidelines. Showing respect even for ones enemies.”

“Trying to understand and in so far as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.”

Bring back napalm - that's my suggestion - all animals fear fire

wwii-napalm%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
And in the event, what the hell has the minority stopped?
Uh, the Democrats are the minority although they did come close to blocking TPP. :witless:

Remember when the United States was respected enough that we LED the majority of the international community and were able to get them to follow our LEAD in situations like this? Russia and China being the exceptions but we used to be strong enough to not really care about their desires. And "standing alone with Israel" has worked for us for a long, long time.......up until the anti semite in chief took office.

We're not a democracy, but you knew that. I think you need to research the separation of powers idea that the founders established. It was an idea designed precisely to prevent the numerous things this douchebag has done in defiance of the wishes of the people of this country.......as a representative republic the system of checks and balances built into the separation of powers concept is why there is so rarely one party control of the entire government. Unfortunately ALL of our elected "representatives" have forgotten that and I for one feel I no longer have any representation.

The only thing you should be able to do as an elected official is VOTE. Foreign policy is in the realm of the executive branch. Obama is the rightfully elected leader of that branch of government. He's allowed to do this. No, he's not. The Constitution requires 2/3 Congressional approval of treaties with foreign powers. The President can't just write one. And despite all the demagoguery, this IS a treaty.

And Congress has to get 2/3rd vote to really override any foreign policy decision. Congress should shut the **** up, quit dividing the country with stupid "Sky is falling rhetoric" and just vote how they think. If they have 2/3rds, so be it. If they don't, tough ******* luck.

If it's "whining" to express the desire that our elected representatives, including the POTUS, govern and be governed by the Constitution then I'm a HUGE whiner and will always be. Please tell me what other things the President has done that "he's allowed to do" that anyone's "whining" about?

We're not a democracy, but you knew that. I think you need to research the separation of powers idea that the founders established. It was an idea designed precisely to prevent the numerous things this douchebag has done in defiance of the wishes of the people of this country.......as a representative republic the system of checks and balances built into the separation of powers concept is why there is so rarely one party control of the entire government. Unfortunately ALL of our elected "representatives" have forgotten that and I for one feel I no longer have any representation.

Bullshit. He's the First Black President AND a Democrat. That means He gets what He wants and you're a racist if you disagree.

If it's "whining" to express the desire that our elected representatives, including the POTUS, govern and be governed by the Constitution then I'm a HUGE whiner and will always be. Please tell me what other things the President has done that "he's allowed to do" that anyone's "whining" about?
See? See? Racist! Racist! I bet you watch Fox News.

If Congress wants to use the Judicial branch of government to decide if this is a TREATY with Iran (and thus needing the 2/3rd Congressional Approval), then they should do that.

I don't think it's a Treaty. We aren't at War with Iran (to go to war you need 2/3rd vote of Congress as well and that's never happened). The sanction policy we currently have with Iran never had to go through a 2/3rd approval of Congress to happen why should changing it?

This is a diplomatic agreement and those don't need 2/3rd votes to be approved.

And everyone here will get their chance to vote during the next presidential election and try to get a hardliner on foreign policy elected. That's your right as an American.

I'm just of the opinion when you lose an election your sole goal shouldn't be to pontificate, whine and filibuster to make everything so bad in our country that people will vote the other way next election cycle. I'm not mad just at the Republicans on this. The Democrats do it just as much. It's just an ugly part of our government that seems to be more alive and active now that what I remember. And I also think the vitriol between the parties is the worst I've seen. There used to be at least some mutual respect in differing opinions. Now it's like Republicans treat Democrats as the second coming of Sodom and Gamorrah and Democrats think Rebulicans are the next coming of Segregation and Puritanical Crusades.

The 24 hour media cycle has certainly capitalized on the extremes and have promoted the divide. I think America is a lot closer to each other on most of the important issues. Politics is never going to fix extreme points of view. The abortion issue is never going to get completely white washed. The people that want our gun policy to be like England are never going to convince rural America to give up their guns.

But there is some common ground that I think could be accomplished if the parties worked together instead of trying to make things worse so they can blame the current majority and influence the next cycle of elections.

This is a diplomatic agreement and those don't need 2/3rd votes to be approved.
It's an arms agreement despite the fact that Bomma won't admit it.

I'm just of the opinion when you lose an election your sole goal shouldn't be to pontificate, whine and filibuster to make everything so bad in our country that people will vote the other way next election cycle.[/quote]
The Republicans for the most part haven't done that. They've rolled over and given Bomma pretty much everything He wanted.

Now it's like Republicans treat Democrats as the second coming of Sodom and Gamorrah and Democrats think Rebulicans are the next coming of Segregation and Puritanical Crusades.
Maybe but realistically they don't do a damn thing about it.

But there is some common ground that I think could be accomplished if the parties worked together instead of trying to make things worse so they can blame the current majority and influence the next cycle of elections.
Bomma has never been interested in giving anything up to the other side. It's His way or the highway since He has such a high opinion of Himself. For example, the GOP could have and should have asked for something in exchange for giving Him the TPP that His own party mostly voted against but they didn't even bother to try. Unless it was Bomma agreeing not to release those photos He has of Boehner and McConnell doing a three-way with a sheep.

Pumping out new laws and regulations is the quickest way to create gridlock.Recent legislation has effectively killed the coal industry. The AHCA has made my healthcare less affordable. If the Congress went home , and did nothing, would be an improvement.

Only your state. And that's if there is a Dem in the senate.
We're 1-1 but I don't think either one is up for reelection this year.