• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Retiring. Master Chief Special Warfare Operator (SEAL)

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

https://sofrep.com/119171/seal-master-chief-and-medal-of-honor-recipient-retires/

After 21 years of illustrious service to the nation, Master Chief Special Warfare Operator (SEAL) Edward Byers Jr. retired on September 19.

As a member of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU) – another designation for SEAL Team 6 – Master Chief Byers participated in a hostage rescue operation in Afghanistan in 2012 that resulted in him receiving the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest award for bravery in combat.

During the operation, the SEAL Team 6 assault force approached the target building in the cover of the night. An enemy sentry, however, spotted the incoming SEALs and raced to notify his fellow terrorists inside the building. Master Chief Byers, who was the lead breacher in the operation, raced to the building’s door and paved the way for the assault team by ripping down a make-shift door made of heavy blankets. Unfortunately, the Chief Special Warfare Operator (SEAL) Nicolas Checque, who was the point man and thus the first SEAL to enter the building, was mortally wounded by enemy fire. Then, Master Chief Byers, who was only steps behind, stormed into the breach and neutralised an enemy fighter before tackling another. In the ensuing hand-to-hand fight, Master Chief Byers prevailed. Subsequently, in a room full of gunfire and dead and dying enemy, he located the hostage, raced towards him, and shielded him with his body. While he was shielding the hostage, he managed to restrain a nearby enemy before a fellow SEAL neutralised him.

Always hate to see someone like this retire. Good luck E9 and have a successful after life.

It's good to see a good guy retire with honor. I'm sick of all these fake seals and fake snipers. My father was in the Marines. He goes to some of their functions and was talking to some of the brass. One of them said he'd never seen so many snipers and seals all at one time. You're more likely to see a shark on land as you are to see a real Navy Seal. It's good to see good guy retire with what he deserves.

I’m sure it’s not an issue. But I hate when they give out full names. I just think there potential targets.

It's good to see a good guy retire with honor. I'm sick of all these fake seals and fake snipers. My father was in the Marines. He goes to some of their functions and was talking to some of the brass. One of them said he'd never seen so many snipers and seals all at one time. You're more likely to see a shark on land as you are to see a real Navy Seal. It's good to see good guy retire with what he deserves.

Yeah a lot of guys full of ****.. What was their BUDS class number is really all you need to ask them. If they can't answer or say it's classified. They're a fraud guaranteed.

I had the pleasure of training one young kid (22)who was going to give it a shot. He was in remarkable condition. I totally had to beat his *** to get him breathing a little. The family was from what used to be called Sparta,so i figured it was in his bloodline. I haven't heard from him in a long time. I hope he made it.

Yeah a lot of guys full of ****.. What was their BUDS class number is really all you need to ask them. If they can't answer or say it's classified. They're a fraud guaranteed.

I had the pleasure of training one young kid (22)who was going to give it a shot. He was in remarkable condition. I totally had to beat his *** to get him breathing a little. The family was from what used to be called Sparta,so i figured it was in his bloodline. I haven't heard from him in a long time. I hope he made it.

The weird thing is that I've ran into former military guys that actually know a little about the SEALs. So they can give you a BUDS # and other things. It isn't their #. My step father claimed for years to be a SEAL. He was in the navy and knew tons about it. Then one day my father and I were talking to him... my father was a marine and loves everything military. Still makes his bed the same way. He asked him a few questions and when we left he told me "That guy was never a SEAL". They are friends and have been for years. But we know he is full of it when he talks about his SEAL crap. Then my mother showed me his DD-214. He was a Boatswain's mate on the U.S.S. USS Shangri-La. He was never in Vietnam and he was never a SEAL.

I guess I grew up in a different time. My father told me from as far as I can remember that he worked on aircraft. He was on different ships and was stationed in Japan for awhile. He never saw action. He will show anyone his DD-214 and pictures of people in the squad with him. He can name most of them. I don't understand why people need to lie about it. Especially guys that were in the service. Just makes my blood boil.

The weird thing is that I've ran into former military guys that actually know a little about the SEALs. So they can give you a BUDS # and other things. It isn't their #. My step father claimed for years to be a SEAL. He was in the navy and knew tons about it. Then one day my father and I were talking to him... my father was a marine and loves everything military. Still makes his bed the same way. He asked him a few questions and when we left he told me "That guy was never a SEAL". They are friends and have been for years. But we know he is full of it when he talks about his SEAL crap. Then my mother showed me his DD-214. He was a Boatswain's mate on the U.S.S. USS Shangri-La. He was never in Vietnam and he was never a SEAL.

I guess I grew up in a different time. My father told me from as far as I can remember that he worked on aircraft. He was on different ships and was stationed in Japan for awhile. He never saw action. He will show anyone his DD-214 and pictures of people in the squad with him. He can name most of them. I don't understand why people need to lie about it. Especially guys that were in the service. Just makes my blood boil.

Nothing pisses me off more than stolen valor.

Nothing pisses me off more than stolen valor.

art.blumenthalcu0524.gi.jpg

"I know, right?"