• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

RIP Nancy Reagan

Rest in peace. I was in middle school during her Just Say No program. It worked for me, mostly.

Rest in peace! A great First Lady to go along with arguably the greatest President this country ever had. This is truly and end of an era.

Rest in peace first lady. I loved the Reagan's, remember Nancy as a sweet, thoughtful, lovely woman.

Rest in peace! A great First Lady to go along with what was arguably the greatest President this country ever had. This is truly and end of an era.

I agree RIP. She seemed like a very nice lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as her husband goes, I can easily show you why he was one of the worst presidents ever, not based on CONservative mythology, but his record.

I digress as this is not the thread for that.

Then why even bring it up? Could it be you are an attention *****?

As far as her husband goes, I can easily show you why he was one of the worst presidents ever, not based on CONservative mythology, but his record.

I digress as this is not the thread for that.

Then why even bring it up? Could it be you are an attention *****?

she definitely set the tone for how a first lady should be, to bad the the one we have right now didn't pay attention. RIP Mrs first lady

What a classy, elegant lady who kept the title of First Lady with dignity. Both she and Laura Bush were the best First Ladies in my lifetime.

Rest in peace! A great First Lady to go along with arguably the greatest President this country ever had. This is truly and end of an era.

I liked Reagan, but I think he gets too much credit for ending the Soviet empire. He definitely helped it along, but I think the collapse was inevitable. Sort of a right place right time thing. His domestic policies were just typical republican type stuff. Cut programs for the poor... drastically lower taxes for the upper income folks... anti union.... deregulate the financial industry .. " Turn the bull loose" I believe was the terminology he used. Lot of folks still waiting for all that money that was supposed to "trickle down" to everyone. Oh well, it sounded good on paper.

A great first lady. RIP

One gracious lady. As I recall she pretty much ran the white house in the last couple years of the Reagan administration. R.I.P. Nancy.

The Reagan years were during my previous life as a lib. Just say no was a joke. Nancy Reagan probably meant well.

I liked Reagan, but I think he gets too much credit for ending the Soviet empire. He definitely helped it along, but I think the collapse was inevitable. Sort of a right place right time thing. /QUOTE]

Nope. The political mood pre-Reagan was "go along, get along." The official policy name for that approach was "détente." Jimmy Carter helped keep the Soviet Union alive by refusing to engage in an arms race, and by giving them excellent prices on American food - at least until the invasion of Afghanistan.

Reagan, on the other hand, believed that the United States could bury the Soviet Union. He was met with protests in Western Europe, and cries that he was forcing the Soviet Union to upgrade its military and get into war with the United States. Some went so far as to call Reagan a "warmonger" for the United States military build-up (designed to drive the Soviets into bankruptcy).

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AAIBAJ&sjid=lo0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4132,526779&hl=en

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/10...e-interrupted-President-Reagan/9280467352000/

His domestic policies were just typical republican type stuff. Cut programs for the poor... drastically lower taxes for the upper income folks... anti union...

No, his tax cuts reduced taxes for all taxpayers. Further, this idiotic meme that the tax cuts "benefitted only the rich" has been proven, time and again, to be a lie:

who-pays-income-taxes-2013-20151204202759-1449260879508-block-2.png

Lot of folks still waiting for all that money that was supposed to "trickle down" to everyone. Oh well, it sounded good on paper.

reagan-v-obama-2011.jpg

043015recoveries.jpg

ISS23c_121017.png_.cms_.png

Screen-Shot-2014-10-02-at-4.41.00-PM.png

You were saying??

I used to ***** and moan about trickle down not reaching me. I guess I was so far down there that it had a long way to go.