• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

John McCain Dead at 81

I am just stunned at the level of hypocrisy of the left, and I know I shouldn't be. I mean Trump is just using tactics they have used for years...and they want to be all pissy about it?

The illegal immigrant caused her death. Trump did not, to my knowledge, have anything to do with John McCain's death.

They didn't like each other. They had policy disagreements. Trump even made a very rude, stupid comment about McCain. Is that a reason to make Trump the whole focus of McCain's funeral service after his decades long career in public service?

Maybe you think that's normal. I don't.

The next time you’re given a national stage to honor a loved one whose sacrifice was mocked on a national stage by a cowardly draft dodger, perhaps you’ll be more empathetic.

The next time you’re given a national stage to honor a loved one whose sacrifice was mocked on a national stage by a cowardly draft dodger, perhaps you’ll be more empathetic.

or, perhaps, i'll focus on the person who died and not give an ounce of attention to those who detracted from what he/she stood for.

I am empathetic. Trump's remark was awful. All the more reason I would make the eulogy about my father, and not about TRUMP.

I am empathetic. Trump's remark was awful. All the more reason I would make the eulogy about my father, and not about TRUMP.

Not sure about my empathy, but Trump's remark was awful. I don't care about the particulars of McCain's situation or whatever, his remarks were way out of line. That, however, has no bearing on the pettiness of John McCain in the last years of his life or how they've conducted this service that really turned into a political circus. Honor the man and be on your way. Keep Trump an absolute afterthought, as he rightfully should be. TDS didn't allow that to happen.

They made McCain’s funeral about Trump instead of solely honoring McCain. Trump won, and he didn’t even get involved. He is in their SKULLS! And Tibtard, you were wrong, again, about predicting a Trump tweet storm regarding the overblown funeral.

Trump is still President. McCain is still dead.

Game. Set. Match.

Trump’s remarks were the truth and were in response to McCain’s unprovoked attack. McCain looked at us and flipped us off with a smile on his face. **** him.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

McCain is the best argument for term limits. He was the alpha gator in the swamp. The swamp just got two feet lower. Don’t let the door hit ya where Joe Biden split ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Trump did not, to my knowledge, have anything to do with John McCain's death.

"You can't prove he didn't have anything to do with McCains death, so he must have had something to do with it."

The mind of the deranged Trump hating libtard. You know who you are Tibs.

Trump’s remarks were the truth and were in response to McCain’s unprovoked attack.

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

I don't care what that was in response to. McCain is not the only one of our troops to have ever been captured and tortured so what he said did not just refer to McCain. It was deeply insulting to many American heroes.

Please be an intelligent and thoughtful human being and stop defending him even when he's a total and complete ***.

I don't care what that was in response to. McCain is not the only one of our troops to have ever been captured and tortured so what he said did not just refer to McCain. It was deeply insulting to many American heroes.

Please be an intelligent and thoughtful human being and stop defending him even when he's a total and complete ***.

That one was over the top agree. Even I was taken aback thinkin "WTF did he just say"???!!

Fortunately it was the only one that I can recall that was over the top.

Last edited:
Trump made an asinine comment about McCain 3 years ago, AFTER McCain volunteered about Trump - BEFORE Trump had begun his anti-McCain frenzy - "I just think that it is offensive to not only Hispanic citizenry, but other citizenry, but he's entitled to say what he wants to say," McCain said. "But I guarantee you the overwhelming majority (in Arizona) ... do not agree with his attitude, that he has displayed, toward our Hispanic citizens. We love them."

The two have had a tumultuous relationship since, exchanging barbs and the occasional kudo. However, after McCain died, Trump said nothing inappropriate. Repeat, NOTHING. McCain's funeral demands included excluding Trump and Sarah Palin, who never said a bad word about McCain.

So does Trump then post, "McCain - dead. And brain dead even longer"?? Uhhh, no, he says basically nothing, except condolences to the McCain family and then a tribute to McCain. "Ahhh, he should have bowed before the Great and Powerful McCain more quickly!!!!" /s the Left, the same who mocked McCain, laughed about his war-created disability, HATED him in 2008, and never had a kind word for him before he was dead, i.e., before he was beyond caring about. Those are the FACTS. And facts matter.

Hol-ee ****, if we are going to be offended for a dead guy, please make the criticism, oh, I don't know, RATIONAL?!?

I hate to say it but the day they vote in term limits will coincide with the Bucs winning back to back World Series Championships.

It won’t be congress that regulates itself.. it would have to be the state legislatures calling for the amendment and passing it...

McCain's service was a disaster. Trump should have said something more specific to McCain rather than all captured soldiers, but he was put on the spot and they tried to make him say something he didn't believe about McCain. You can always count on Trump to say what a lot of us are thinking - enough with the McCain is a hero crap. Just ten years ago these same people were calling him an unstable douchebag womanizer. They were right.

It won’t be congress that regulates itself.. it would have to be the state legislatures calling for the amendment and passing it...

yep, it's a sad situation when the politicians can suck on the gov't tit until they die of old age or brain tumors.

The average age of the Democratic House leadership is 72 years old,

bbb6ff0d-9f8f-44dc-a224-9df9529eb68c.jpeg

18 of the 33 Senators running for reelection in 2018 will be 65 or older. If they win, another six years in office would put Senators Feinstein, Hatch, Nelson, and Sanders well into their 80s. Looking ahead at the 2020 elections, 21 of the 33 Senators running for reelection will be 65 or older. The current chamber is already one of the oldest Senates by some measures according to the Washington Post, and the data suggests this trend would continue in the coming years.
https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insights/the-115th-congress-is-among-the-oldest-in-history/175/

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I recently had a terrific meeting with a bipartisan group of freshman lawmakers who feel very strongly in favor of Congressional term limits. I gave them my full support and endorsement for their efforts. #DrainTheSwamp
2:54 PM - Apr 30, 2018

39.8K people are talking about this

Why-I-won.jpg

Well one of the reasons anyway......

McCain's service was a disaster. Trump should have said something more specific to McCain rather than all captured soldiers, but he was put on the spot and they tried to make him say something he didn't believe about McCain. You can always count on Trump to say what a lot of us are thinking - enough with the McCain is a hero crap. Just ten years ago these same people were calling him an unstable douchebag womanizer. They were right.

Please, you do not have to defend and excuse everything the man says and does.

I'm not a huge fan of McCain poltitically but he volunteered to serve, flew numerous combat missions and was captured, imprisoned and tortured serving the country. That's a war hero to me.

And sorry, a Trump fan calling someone else a womanizer is like a Browns fan telling someone else their team sucks.

I laugh every single time I hear the recording of "I like people who weren't captured." It cracks me up. You know that was just off the cuff with the sole purpose of ******* with McCain. And oh my God did it ever work!

I laugh every single time I hear the recording of "I like people who weren't captured." It cracks me up. !

I find it sad that someone that ignorant and childish is our president. And that unfortunately the person he ran against was way worse.

I find it sad that someone that ignorant and childish is our president. .

Rather than saying it like that how about... "you find it sad that our president can be ignorant and childish" ?

Big difference IMO!

The first way is the Tibs/Elfie way.

I laugh every single time I hear the recording of "I like people who weren't captured." It cracks me up. You know that was just off the cuff with the sole purpose of ******* with McCain. And oh my God did it ever work!

Exactly. It was off the cuff, aimed at only McCain trying to hit him where it would hurt the most....and while I agree with oneforthebus that it was in bad taste, does anyone actually believe Trump doesn't like veterans who have been captured?

Of course not.

If you do then you belong with that group of libtards that believe Trump is a racist, misogynist, and an Islamaphobe.

Please, you do not have to defend and excuse everything the man says and does.

I'm not a huge fan of McCain poltitically but he volunteered to serve, flew numerous combat missions and was captured, imprisoned and tortured serving the country. That's a war hero to me.

And sorry, a Trump fan calling someone else a womanizer is like a Browns fan telling someone else their team sucks.
We disagree on the hero thing and I've already said why in an earlier post. Regarding him being a womanizer, what does Trump have to do with my point? The answer is nothing.