• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rob King New Play-by-Play Voice

Last season I tried getting the radio announcement while watching TV. It was blocked in my area.

Not familiar with kings work. I thought Bob ponpiani would be good. I loved Jack Fleming more than hilgrove. Any yinzers familiar?

Not familiar with kings work. I thought Bob ponpiani would be good. I loved Jack Fleming more than hilgrove. Any yinzers familiar?`
Flemming was your prototypical announcer of the day. A 1950-60's throw back. I liked him but I really loved the chemistry when Bill come on-board.

Been out of the Burgh for many years now and have not kept up with local sports talk people...

Any relation to Nellie?

He should be ok... but it feels like all the legendary announcers in Pittsburgh are replaced with meh options...
That is about it. He'll be alright, just doesn't have any traits that stand out. You're spot on about replacing the legendary announcers...especially the Penguins with both John Barbaro and Mike Lange. So generic and below standard.

Give the new guys a chance to get broke in and develope a personality.

I hear you on the legends. VS. today’s guys.

Salute the nation

Lol too logical ... let me ***** for the sake of bitching for a bit🤣

You want to hear "bitching", be around when I ask Lunar for gas money...........................................................................

Salute the nation

Hillgrove play by play was the best in the business.

I grew up on radio. Many of you probably did too. It's more important to us than youngsters.

King is ok as a radio personality or an interviewer. Play-by-play? Man....not sure if he is interesting enough or has the chops.

Reactions: JMM
Fuggit, I'll do the play-by-play.

...and I dont wanna hear any a'you fuggerz bitchin', neither!!

I've always wished I could properly sink the Steelers Network broadcast to the game.
I've always wished that I could properly tub it.

King's been decent on some high school football broadcasts, but nothing special.

Rob is kinda bland. He does or did the Pens games. He’s not bad but he’s not a personality

Reactions: JMM
Speaking of Pittsburgh sports media personalities. I read a Tribune article by Mark Madden. What a goof. Like I'm very negative about Tomlin and some organization things but c'mon.

Someone has to be the heel of Pittsburgh sports media. Madden is that guy and he relishes that role.

Speaking of Pittsburgh sports media personalities. I read a Tribune article by Mark Madden. What a goof. Like I'm very negative about Tomlin and some organization things but c'mon.

That's it! Let's have Mark Madden be the play-by-play!