• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roethlisberger Left Bradshaw on ‘Read’

Jim and Jack Youngblood wasn’t related. I used to work at a place over 25 years ago where Jim came and unloaded the trucks. He helped run what we called the lumping team then. I don’t think he had much money after retiring from the NFL. He is from upstate SC. Have no idea what happened to him. He was a pretty cool guy, he use to call me Steeler because I always had a Steeler cap on.

I love Bradshaw, but he's all over the place. You never know what you are going to get. So I wouldn't blame Ben at all for just keeping his distance.

In the event, who cares if they have a relationship? Outside of it looking nice in public, it serves no purpose.

And I wouldn't blame Ben for still being salty. Especially Bradshaw telling him to "park the bike, park the bike". The organization that's paying you to stay healthy and perform is one thing, but some blowhard on the TV who's relationship with that organization and their fans having that type of past & being that questionable - **** you.

And this is nothing against Terry Bradshaw the player. This is about Terry Bradshaw the back & forth, disingenuous blowhard TV personality.

whatever Ben would say, or would have said to Terry, would end up on the Sunday PreGame shows. Better to stay quiet.

whatever Ben would say, or would have said to Terry, would end up on the Sunday PreGame shows. Better to stay quiet.
That's right. Which may be the point with a lot of these TV guys. See if you can get a reaction and then blow it up and make it more than it really is.

Probably behind the scenes people in the know have explained to Ben about Bradshaw. Hell, the guy is on his 4th wife! Now, I am in no way judging that, and we all know women can be a pain in the ***, but he seems to be the constant here. Different women, but he is the constant which means he is probably the problem.

And I wouldn't blame Ben for still being salty. Especially Bradshaw telling him to "park the bike, park the bike". The organization that's paying you to stay healthy and perform is one thing, but some blowhard on the TV who's relationship with that organization and their fans having that type of past & being that questionable - **** you.

And this is nothing against Terry Bradshaw the player. This is about Terry Bradshaw the back & forth, disingenuous blowhard TV personality.
Actually the park the bike thing, heh, Bradshaw was proven to be right. After Ben stopped a car windshield with his face, he did park the bike.

I'd be more salty over the preaching over the stuff with women. I didn't like what was going on as my daughter was a teenager at the time. But part of that with my daughter was be careful how you present yourself if you go out to a barroom or a club or something. Be careful you aren't inviting that stuff. Like apparently those women around Ben were. I'd probably get cancelled now over those statements, but I don't give a ****. I try to deal in the world of reality.

That's right. Which may be the point with a lot of these TV guys. See if you can get a reaction and then blow it up and make it more than it really is.

Probably behind the scenes people in the know have explained to Ben about Bradshaw. Hell, the guy is on his 4th wife! Now, I am in no way judging that, and we all know women can be a pain in the ***, but he seems to be the constant here. Different women, but he is the constant which means he is probably the problem.
Tv guys need to get paid too lol.
Shock value. Rake in the responses = $$$

I read somewhere that on that HBO thing he is griping about Noll again and why did he draft him. What I continue to be fascinated with is doesn't he realize that everything he has...the tv gig, these shows he is doing, the ranch and horses and all that, are due to the fact that Noll drafted him? He goes anywhere else, there is a good chance he has none of those things. The probability isn't high that he would have left football and become a successful business man or something like a Roger Staubach.

You know, even when i was young I never had a real desire to know much about the athletes I liked. Maybe because they are flawed like all of us. I have enough with my own flaws.

Actually the park the bike thing, heh, Bradshaw was proven to be right. After Ben stopped a car windshield with his face, he did park the bike.

I'd be more salty over the preaching over the stuff with women. I didn't like what was going on as my daughter was a teenager at the time. But part of that with my daughter was be careful how you present yourself if you go out to a barroom or a club or something. Be careful you aren't inviting that stuff. Like apparently those women around Ben were. I'd probably get cancelled now over those statements, but I don't give a ****. I try to deal in the world of reality.

True true. But I just wouldn't want some ******** telling me what to do regarding my personal traveling preferences. About the women stuff, I heard Terry hasn't had the best past either, but figured I wouldn't touch that one with some of the situations Ben put himself in.

He goes anywhere else, there is a good chance he has none of those things. The probability isn't high that he would have left football and become a successful business man or something like a Roger Staubach.

Bingo. My pops actually worked for a golf club manufacturer at one point and none other than Terry Bradshaw was coming in as an investor in the company. Met him, took pictures with him etc. Let's just say neither had the best eye for good business investments, and the pops said Terry wasn't all there. He's definitely no Roger Staubach or John Stallworth.

Bingo. My pops actually worked for a golf club manufacturer at one point and none other than Terry Bradshaw was coming in as an investor in the company. Met him, took pictures with him etc. Let's just say neither had the best eye for good business investments, and the pops said Terry wasn't all there. He's definitely no Roger Staubach or John Stallworth.
Was Pops all there? Just kidding. My Dad didn't have anything to invest, but he'd buy a car or something, it was sure to go to ****. It became a bit of a family joke. I couldn't have asked for a better Father, but sometimes he had the worst luck.

Was Pops all there? Just kidding. My Dad didn't have anything to invest, but he'd buy a car or something, it was sure to go to ****. It became a bit of a family joke. I couldn't have asked for a better Father, but sometimes he had the worst luck.

Lol, all good. Yeah he's still all there thankfully, he just didn't have the best eye for investments IMO. He owned a small newspaper at one point (has to be fairly business savvy there) and busted his *** his entire life, I just think he got enamored with the product and didn't look at the people running the company when it came to investing. IMO the management of a company is about as important as the product itself sometimes - but it's my good fortune of seeing how he had to learn that and not me I guess.

I very well may have fallen into the same traps as well because when I get my mind set on something sometimes, it's hard for people to talk me out of it (so I hear). :frusty:

Lol, all good. Yeah he's still all there thankfully, he just didn't have the best eye for investments IMO. He owned a small newspaper at one point (has to be fairly business savvy there) and busted his *** his entire life, I just think he got enamored with the product and didn't look at the people running the company when it came to investing. IMO the management of a company is about as important as the product itself sometimes - but it's my good fortune of seeing how he had to learn that and not me I guess.

I very well may have fallen into the same traps as well because when I get my mind set on something sometimes, it's hard for people to talk me out of it (so I hear). :frusty:
**** I have the bloodline for stubborn (German) . I have mellowed with age but I haven't completely buried my hardhead.