• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roman Wilson carted off

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just what title says. Evidently he was tackled on a "Jet sweep" during 7-shots.

It is customary to cart all injuries off, regardless of seriousness, due to distance to medical facility at Latrobe.

The article can be found right here on the home page at steelernation.com

worth the read

Salute the nation

I have no issue with the play if used correctly and setup properly.
Seriously....I don't think anyone here does but the play has a stench to it after the way Canada employed it here weekly.

Seriously....I don't think anyone here does but the play has a stench to it after the way Canada employed it here weekly.
C'mon... the entire league runs that play. Just as stated, if executed correctly, it's a big gainer...

What if Averett's defender missed the block? Did Roman run the route at half speed?

All I'm saying is you can't just blame your HC on the injury without knowing all the circumstances...

C'mon... the entire league runs that play. Just as stated, if executed correctly, it's a big gainer...

What if Averett's defender missed the block? Did Roman run the route at half speed?

All I'm saying is you can't just blame your HC on the injury without knowing all the circumstances...

Whoa hold your horses! lol
He blamed Canada, not Mike.

I think it was MT Forged you meant to respond to. lol

If it even looks like he may miss a couple of weeks of practice, it might force Kahn to pull the trigger on a trade. Wilson is supposed to be WR2 or WR3.

I'm not sure that was established yet. The STEELERS really wanted him to become that, but enough hasn't been shown yet as a rookie. This injury, if he misses to much time, may cause him to miss out on what could have been.......

Salute the nation

I don't care about jet sweeps. But in seven shots? Really? That's how you build an identity of power football?
Seven shots is all about throwing TDs, they rarely run the ball. I don't even think they do the goal line drill, which used to be the feature drill at camp during Cowher's tenure. It was definitely a tone setter for a team that wanted to play power football.

Did you read my post before writing your post? I have no idea where you came up with your reponse toward the post that I made.

Whoa hold your horses! lol
He blamed Canada, not Mike.

I think it was MT Forged you meant to respond to. lol
Actually I was being sarcastic, while alluding to the fact that Tomlin’s philosophy won’t really change the O style that much. He hasn’t all of a sudden become risk tolerant, and willing to let the OC do what he wants.

Did you read my post before writing your post? I have no idea where you came up with your reponse toward the post that I made.
Likely he meant to reply to me. I posted something that wasn’t nut hugging of Tomlin, so got the reaction I expected. He was just upset enough that he lost focus of his target. All good though.

Hey Mike, it's seven shots not seven f#ckups.

Sorry xjx, Coach Tomlin doesn’t call the plays. An in jury can happen at any time, on or off the field of play. They have to practice hard and that risk is constant.

Obviously I’m sorry that kind of shitz happens, but to blame a coach is a little out there.

Salute the nation

Actually I was being sarcastic, while alluding to the fact that Tomlin’s philosophy won’t really change the O style that much. He hasn’t all of a sudden become risk tolerant, and willing to let the OC do what he wants.

I was hoping that Coach Tomlin had words spoken to him about letting the OC be an OC with little meddling. I’m still hoping that to a degree, but also realize Tom Lin will not give up all control.

Salute the nation