• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roman Wilson carted off

I was hoping that Coach Tomlin had words spoken to him about letting the OC be an OC with little meddling. I’m still hoping that to a degree, but also realize Tom Lin will not give up all control.

Salute the nation
AR2 Has proven that he will not fire Tomlin. Tomlin has ZERO reason to modify his philosophy because of the job security. He just hired another person to implement his playbook, because the last few weren’t good enough to make it work.

I would LOVE to be wrong in this belief, and AS implements a completely new O that actually works, but history shows different. Oh well, maybe AS can make it work better than before. I wouldn’t want the OC position and be expected to do the job with both hands tied behind my back.

AR2 Has proven that he will not fire Tomlin. Tomlin has ZERO reason to modify his philosophy because of the job security. He just hired another person to implement his playbook, because the last few weren’t good enough to make it work.

I would LOVE to be wrong in this belief, and AS implements a completely new O that actually works, but history shows different. Oh well, maybe AS can make it work better than before. I wouldn’t want the OC position and be expected to do the job with both hands tied behind my back.
Well to be fair......Tomlin has never had a losing record.

/AR2

See, the dreaded jet sweep is still part of he Mike Tomlin “O”, no matter the OC
Jet sweeps are a staple of all teams in modern offenses... they are run roughly on average just under 1 per game leaguewide... the Steelers averages just under 2 per game... it was way overblown as a problem among the fanbase... in 22 we led the league with 30 total jet sweeps all year... but two years prior, we almost never ran one...

Now the other thing to remember is that
Teams never 100% purge a playbook. Smith probably changed a third..maybe half of the 1000 or so plays and will revamp another 20or 30% next offseason...

I think Coach Tomlin uses the “let other teams beat themselves” mantra, way too much. He likes risk free, non-turn-over football, in other words don’t beat ourselves.

Keep it close.

Works great regular season, U-N-T-I-L—————— playoff caliber teams line up opposit us. They play to win and that is foreign action to our “non-aggressive” team.

Need foot on the gas at all times.

Salute the nation

I think Coach Tomlin uses the “let other teams beat themselves” mantra, way too much. He likes risk free, non-turn-over football, in other words don’t beat ourselves.

Keep it close.

Works great regular season, U-N-T-I-L—————— playoff caliber teams line up opposit us. They play to win and that is foreign action to our “non-aggressive” team.

Salute the nation
(mashes the like button over and over and over again)

Give that man the Bacon Cup!!!

images

Keep it close.

Salute the nation
Or you hit a ****** team playing their best 2 or 3 games of the year. They are all professionals.

Jet sweeps are a staple of all teams in modern offenses... they are run roughly on average just under 1 per game leaguewide... the Steelers averages just under 2 per game... it was way overblown as a problem among the fanbase... in 22 we led the league with 30 total jet sweeps all year... but two years prior, we almost never ran one...

Now the other thing to remember is that
Teams never 100% purge a playbook. Smith probably changed a third..maybe half of the 1000 or so plays and will revamp another 20or 30% next offseason...
I think the biggest issue was even they were used. Seems like alot of times we were moving down the field and get blown up by a drive killing sweep. Another issue is ours were almost never successful but we kept running them

I think the biggest issue was even they were used. Seems like alot of times we were moving down the field and get blown up by a drive killing sweep. Another issue is ours were almost never successful but we kept running them

Though it can be argued that the timing of a specific play is bad only if it doesn't work, those WRs sweeps never seemed to work, and they often would unnecessarily go to them on the rare drives where the more conventional plays were working.

I wonder if he has practiced yet ?

Anyone hear anything about his progress ?

Salute the nation

I wonder if he has practiced yet ?

Anyone hear anything about his progress ?

Salute the nation
saw a picture of him at prctice yesterday - in shorts and had an ankle brace on - the sock type under the shoe. The report was he was walking around but not doing any work